[S/WB]Empire III The Campaign old thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
pan-boroda said:
Good afternoon. Excellent idea! Mod is gorgeous. There are a few questions: 1) Will the mod key firearm? 2) Will the mod added features such as the birth of children (for example Brutenwalda). 3) Will the mod added mines (eg, silver)?

Thanks for the comments. 1)There will be limited firearms. 2 mercenary troops have pistols, pirates will have blunderbuss, and caravan merchant in bordello will sometimes have a firearm for the player to buy. 2) As you can see there already is a bunch of added features, don't know if I'll carry it as far as making children. 3) mines sound interesting, will have to see if they can be added, not sure exactly how the mining works from Rigale yet will have to check this out first.(someday)

pan-boroda said:
good day again. I know a little about the modular system. At least if you need help, I can help correct add fortresses and villages, as well as Lords
If you want to join the team welcome! What I need is play testers , scene people to either make new scenes or pull scenes from OSP mods and put in Empire III, a coder to do the pack horses, an organized person to do a proper features list, maybe some other things as they come up. I will have to upload alpha3 soon.
First I want to finish adding my different sized troops and most of the new villages have to be moved into the right place on the map.(something I lost hunting down the hash vector error)

There were too many buttons on the town menu and you couldn't leave anymore, so I made a downtown button for most of the new stuff

vr4jgm.jpg
6gx0nn.jpg

modified drinking game
renamed bar keeps in bordellos

added wagon system by Ikaguia

bg1fk7.jpg
zv63j8.jpg
2vv2l5h.jpg

Tournament
2r5q6pd.jpg
28iqofk.jpg
4ki780.jpg

Let me say that this mod looks outstanding. I really hope you continue with development! Best of luck with your endeavors!

Oda

reminder WSE is required

Stuff listed after this will be in alpha 2.7

Fog of war should work with normal characters as well as the quick character now

Hi! I love this mod. It is huge and detailed.

However, I have several problems that makes playing the game quite anoying. I'd like to know if there is some way in which I can fix these, or if they are known problems that are going to be fixed in the future.

[list type=decimal]
[*]Kingdoms are constantly (I mean many times a week) declaring war or peace on each other. When the game notifies of this, it shows 10, 20 or more of these messages in a row, followed by many more saying that X ruler has lost reputation because he has not acted against Y.
Sometimes, they even declare war or peace to a kingdom with which they had declared the contrary less than a day before!!!
[*]As a result of the many lightly declared protection alliances they make, sometimes large chains of Kingdom A protects Kingdom B protects Kingdom C, when a kingdom declares war on one of these chains, it quickly spirals into a huge-scale war between almost all the nations.
[*]These protection chains also form cycles sometimes. For example, in my play, Swadia and Neathal declared peace and protection on each other. Then Swadia declare war on Rhodoks, Neathal also declared war on Rhodoks, Nords declared war on Swadia, Neathal declared war on Nords, ... ... ..., many messages later, Swadia declared war on Neathal!!! Because Swadia declared war on a kingdom that had already a treaty of protection with Neathal. At most, 3 in-game hours had past.
[/list]

This is by far the most anoying problem I have with the mod. Other mods I have played do not exhibit this problem.

As a possible solution, I've thought: Would be possible to impose a time limit in which, when a nation firms an alliance or declares war with other nation, it is limited to not change the state of war/peace in, for example, 10 days? That at least may limit the horrendous number of messages I have to click 'Continue' every single day.

Thanks to read ALL of this and good job on the mod!

SevenKingdoms said:
Hi! I love this mod. It is huge and detailed.

However, I have several problems that makes playing the game quite anoying. I'd like to know if there is some way in which I can fix these, or if they are known problems that are going to be fixed in the future.

[list type=decimal]
[*]Kingdoms are constantly (I mean many times a week) declaring war or peace on each other. When the game notifies of this, it shows 10, 20 or more of these messages in a row, followed by many more saying that X ruler has lost reputation because he has not acted against Y.
Sometimes, they even declare war or peace to a kingdom with which they had declared the contrary less than a day before!!!
[*]As a result of the many lightly declared protection alliances they make, sometimes large chains of Kingdom A protects Kingdom B protects Kingdom C, when a kingdom declares war on one of these chains, it quickly spirals into a huge-scale war between almost all the nations.
[*]These protection chains also form cycles sometimes. For example, in my play, Swadia and Neathal declared peace and protection on each other. Then Swadia declare war on Rhodoks, Neathal also declared war on Rhodoks, Nords declared war on Swadia, Neathal declared war on Nords, ... ... ..., many messages later, Swadia declared war on Neathal!!! Because Swadia declared war on a kingdom that had already a treaty of protection with Neathal. At most, 3 in-game hours had past.
[/list]

This is by far the most anoying problem I have with the mod. Other mods I have played do not exhibit this problem.

As a possible solution, I've thought: Would be possible to impose a time limit in which, when a nation firms an alliance or declares war with other nation, it is limited to not change the state of war/peace in, for example, 10 days? That at least may limit the horrendous number of messages I have to click 'Continue' every single day.

Thanks to read ALL of this and good job on the mod!

Thanks for the comments,
yes this is a known issue, and will be addressed at some point

***          Looking for more play testers        ***

added new companions dialog it was supposed to be done, but is only done up to the king support strings, a little disappointing after all these months.

Some of my of horses
2dqcxt.jpg
28rjh2c.jpg
6p3iiu.jpg
ouv81f.jpg
2uyq151.jpg
23h9j43.jpg
25hmr6q.jpg
zwf23n.jpg
257ixp0.jpg
n316rl.jpg
2nc000w.jpg
2q8zh2f.jpg
mcu4h5.jpg
3328abs.jpg

Mkay, I've tested for like 3-4 hours and am amazed!
Great mod!

The tournaments are working so far (even choosing weapons works - which doesn't in other mods) - still it's kind of tedious to hack and slash through all the numerous rounds and only get like 1000-2000 denars. maybe an item for the 3 winners?

In Shariz I wasn't be able to leave the town nor wait for some time. I wasn't able to reproduce the bug. Although the game bugged already before, when i tried to buy an productive enterprise (nothing showed up - also not reproduce-able) Also I was able to talk to the guild master even though i didn't meet him before.

In a diff. game i tried to build a pottery and it told me about INVALID items the pottery would produce :smile:

Other than that it works fine so far.
The only really big problem is not a bug but a feature.. There are no bandits, deserters or minor factions.. nothing to kill.. that's kind of boring (reason is the gigantic map - for sure there are as many bandits as in native but we can't find them)

And personally I don't like it that already discovered villages and castles disappear again.. quite unrealistic (I know that's a Rigale feature but still.. I don't like it.).

Still a fantastic mod!

Tournaments work for me too. No crashes so far. However, a par of tournaments are bugged (I don't remember which ones): In one you start underwater in a weird pool. You can exit the wáter but its difficult. In the other, there are buildings inside the arena obstructing your view but not the AI's view, maybe because the buildings aren't solid. You and they can walk through them.

As they are now, tournaments are hard. But I like it that way. You need to be really good to win the 1st prize.

I also have the problem that sometimes when you have spoken to the guild master in a town, or the village elder in a village, or something like that, the option to leave don't work. The only option to leave from the town/village is save game then load it again. Upon loading, you are outside in the map.

the mod is good, but there are two problems i have, first, the text box, just about 3 minutes after you play your safe game, this type of script come up and then, there is nothing in the text box, second, tournaments, i remember in some tournaments, there are some stupid solid walls and that each round, once you get knocked out, the tab key don't work, so sometimes the stupid ai is just going to get stuck there and you have to quit and lose the whole tounament process

This is awesome, and really huge!  It took me over an hour to read through all the postings,spoilers, etc.  An epic undertaking, as usual from you Lor!

Lor Dric said:
new companions dialog was supposed to be done, but is only done up to the king support strings, a little disappointing after all these months. Any volunteers want to finish it?

Yes, I know it has taken me a long time to finish the companions' dialog. :oops:  All I have to finish is the local color strings.  I'll have to get the home villages and towns from you, so I can develop a meaningful description to be triggered when the party gets close to the "hometown".  Hope to get started this weekend.

Mod looks pretty awesome, if only I could download it. That mega link seems to be broken, is there any alternate download links? Checked moddb but couldn't find your page.

Seen this mod and thought I would give it a try. So far I think it has a chance to be a great mod. Been playing for about 2 hours and I have found a dew things wrong.

1. The map speed I have 30 troops ( more on that later lol) and traveling at 2.2 takes forever to get around. By myself I was going 7.1 I believe it was and as soon as I got my first troops 8 it dropped down to 2.2. It just takes to long to move around and have no chance to chase anyone down or run away from anything. All other groups on the map seem to move at the normal speeds 4.5+.

Edit: I started a few new games and believe I figured out what caused the speed decrease. " your party is extremely exhausted and losing morale get some very serious rest in camp or town" I waited in town for 3 days and speed increased to 3.8. I waited a week and it still was at 3.8. It was at 5.4 before. Why is it not getting back up to 5.4. I honestly do not like that effect. I could see if after a day you was good to go. I did not see a thing to just camp in a spot to wait it out. Knowing how long to wait would be nice or having it removed. Bad lag in game when waiting in towns could be from being alpha but thought I would add that.

2. When ever I recruit say 4 volunteers I get 8. I pay for the 8, that's why I have 30 troops when I should have gotten 15.

3. the text font of everything is kind of hard on the eyes all the time.

4. At times to many messages flooding the screen wit: this town is building this, trade agreements. Any way to put all that into a report you can look at if you want to see it. when all these messages come up it does seem to lag the game pretty bad.

Just a few things I have noticed from the little time I have played. Will post more as I play it more if I can handle the turtle speed on the map its a killer.

Serres said:
Mkay, I've tested for like 3-4 hours and am amazed!
Great mod!

Thanks

Serres said:
The tournaments are working so far (even choosing weapons works - which doesn't in other mods) - still it's kind of tedious to hack and slash through all the numerous rounds and only get like 1000-2000 denars. maybe an item for the 3 winners?

Might increase prize money

Serres said:
In Shariz I wasn't be able to leave the town nor wait for some time. I wasn't able to reproduce the bug. Although the game bugged already before, when i tried to buy an productive enterprise (nothing showed up - also not reproduce-able) Also I was able to talk to the guild master even though i didn't meet him before.

sounds like the Rigale can't leave town bug

before you can invest in an enterprise, you are supposed to have to buy a warehouse first

did you start in Shariz?

Serres said:
In a diff. game i tried to build a pottery and it told me about INVALID items the pottery would produce :smile:

looking into this if I can't find what's missing I will remove the pottery enterprise

Serres said:
Other than that it works fine so far.
The only really big problem is not a bug but a feature.. There are no bandits, deserters or minor factions.. nothing to kill.. that's kind of boring (reason is the gigantic map - for sure there are as many bandits as in native but we can't find them)

I will up the numbers in a few versions

Serres said:
And personally I don't like it that already discovered villages and castles disappear again.. quite unrealistic (I know that's a Rigale feature but still.. I don't like it.).

if you visit the castles or villages they stay on the map, sorry but I find it unrealistic that we have a overhead map at all, instead of free roam in 1st or 3rd person, but it is a video game and they all have limitations, we deal with them as best we can

SevenKingdoms said:
Tournaments work for me too. No crashes so far. However, a par of tournaments are bugged (I don't remember which ones): In one you start underwater in a weird pool. You can exit the wáter but its difficult. In the other, there are buildings inside the arena obstructing your view but not the AI's view, maybe because the buildings aren't solid. You and they can walk through them.

As they are now, tournaments are hard. But I like it that way. You need to be really good to win the 1st prize.

Do you have the tournament set to Adornos arena overhaul or to native arenas?

SevenKingdoms said:
I also have the problem that sometimes when you have spoken to the guild master in a town, or the village elder in a village, or something like that, the option to leave don't work. The only option to leave from the town/village is save game then load it again. Upon loading, you are outside in the map.

The Rigale can't leave town bug again

Mod is pretty cool :smile: a couple of issues though.

1) After the first minute of gameplay, I got no notifactions of anything happening on the screen as you usually do on MaB. I'm unsure what caused it, nor do I know how to fix it.

2) It seems to lag a hell of a lot. When I'm waiting on the map, units get stuck moving then jump erratically on the map, and the lag makes it tough to stop the wait to get moving again.

Alfredthegreat said:
the mod is good, but there are two problems i have, first, the text box, just about 3 minutes after you play your safe game, this type of script come up and then, there is nothing in the text box,

Explain in more detail please

Alfredthegreat said:
second, tournaments, i remember in some tournaments, there are some stupid solid walls and that each round, once you get knocked out, the tab key don't work, so sometimes the stupid ai is just going to get stuck there and you have to quit and lose the whole tounament process

Do you have the tournaments set to Adornos arena overhaul, or to native arenas?

2131w5f.jpg

Daethikus said:
Mod looks pretty awesome, if only I could download it. That mega link seems to be broken, is there any alternate download links? Checked moddb but couldn't find your page.

checked all links they are ok, this won't be at other download sites until beta sorry for any inconvenience

tools are generic, used for all kinds of things, entrenching, fishing, mining, etc... available at the goods merchant

308frzb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom