[ Avalon Events ] [ The hunger Games ] [ Every Saturday 8pm EST ]

Users who are viewing this thread

Well considering round preparation already takes at least 10 - 15 minutes for a large group, crafting armor for 50-80 people for a single round would be bad.

We are changing the mechanics a bit to increase the speed of round preparation but I still feel sorry for the poor souls who get eliminated in the first 2 minutes and have to wait 20-30 minutes til the next round. 

I should make some sort of mini game for the eliminated players, or have some kind of tavern where they can all hang out til the round is over.  Usually they just punch each other to death for 30 min. :razz:

I was imagining a corner of the map where supplies are laid out and scattered inside of a cave. There would only be supplies to craft weapons and armour for one to two people.

I don't mean by having a crafting corner to mass produce armour and weapons for everyone in the game. Lol

I was thinking of the scene in the Hunger Games where the career guy receives a gift of high-tech armour from his district.

Something to change the game up and give potential surprise!

oh hmmm, only problem is they would have to train as smith.  We could add smith training there and they would have to be protected by their buddies long enough to craft them stuff kind of idea?

This does seem kind of interesting, although I would imagine he would die first due to being slower then everyone else, who usually goes Sergeant and Footman, thus he would be targeted, and killed.  Maybe not if he was one of the gigantic group of Tredians :smile:.

I'm not going to make an update like that right now, it could imbalance the game to much.  Right now i'm more focused on mechanics / how we can decrease time between rounds, than i will work on how can we keep the eliminated players happy for 20 min. 

We will be using modified version of last map, including tree outpost. 

Change Log
Peasant poles added, tap them once you have been eliminated so admins can see who is still active in the round.

Door added, so players can travel between the observation area and the lobby.

We will not reset map anymore to increase speed of round preparation, when new round starts tap your class again and gear up.

We hope to see you all in about 2.5 hours for round one!​

It's truly a great team effort by all, we reached 170+ by round 2.    Unfortunately the map needs to be more secure, graivedigger glitched to the portcullis and let the eliminated players out twice.  So, we will continue refining the scenes for it. 

peak was about 175

Though some things are going to have to be worked out over the next week if we expect a number like that again. 

Still very pissed the gates got opened to let eliminated players out twice on round two, causing a round reset, which made about 50 players rage quit. 

I don't actually know who did it since only admins are able to teleport to the area, but GraiveDigger was blamed both times.  I didn't see it though. 

Wrong.

Peak was 189.

That was the max I saw :smile:

As much as it hurts me to say this (I AM joking) you hit on something here Peasant, and I am pleased we were able to help you, well done!

The idea and design was mine, you supplied 90% of the players.  Also S0mebody gets credit for server side modifications we are making for next event to help it go smooth.

Combining Quick Battle with No Money, and Feudalism game mode.

Next scene will be brand new, training room will be locked during rounds, so we can clearly see who is left playing in the round. 

S0mebody is it possible to increase training speed? 

It was awesome!

Morbid: Can you provide the winners GUID and prize so we can award it if a Nexus regular?

Cheers.

Winners are:

Winston_Avrent_unknown_slug 130 players
Flashback 160 players
Tiptoeten 85 players

Also view my edited post above. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom