Connection to server lost

Users who are viewing this thread

ccrock4t

Recruit
I don't even know what to do. I've read all of the forums and tried all of the fixes and yet Napoleonic Wars will constantly disconnect me from the servers.

I always get the message "connection to server lost", and it happens literally about every 2 minutes.

It is impossible to play this, and I can't believe I wasted money on this game. Every time it crashes, my internet crashes as well, but it only happens for about 2 seconds.

It's like the server timeout period is only 1 second or something.

How do I fix this?

So the connection to the server is lost and you also loose your internet connection ?
Have you thought about it could be your internet connection that makes you loose connection to the server ?

Indeed I have, as my internet sometimes falters for a few seconds rather often.

I disabled my firewall and uninstalled Hamachi and that seems to have worked quite well.

However, I still lose connection fairly often.

I do believe that it's probably my internet's fault for making me lose connection, but what angers me is that I immediately disconnect. In other multiplayer games, the server would simply wait for my connection to reestablish or have a timeout period. This shows no mercy.

I believe they should change the server timeout period, as I saw a post with over 2700 views complaining about this problem as well.

Back
Top Bottom