Mouse wheel scrolling going crazy

Users who are viewing this thread

Jhessail

Panzervixen
Grandmaster Knight
I've googled around and the usual stuff doesn't help. Basically, every now and then (far too often), the mouse wheel goes nuts and scrolls up&down without me actually touching it at all. It's a PS/2 USB mouse, generic. I opened it up, cleaned the parts and checked that nothing is wrong with the actual physical wheel, so I'm thinking that this is a software problem. Windows 7. Happens in applications and in games. Extremely annoying.

I had that problem with old mouse, it actually was a physical problem with the mouse wheel. The clip which makes sure the wheel moves in nudges was a bit borked, occasionally the wheel would stop in a position which made the reader think I was constantly scrolling it. Only solution that worked for me was to buy a new mouse. :razz:

Do you have software/drivers installed for the mouse? If so, uninstalling those (and perhaps reinstalling if required to use the mouse) might help.

If you have access to another computer, plug the mouse into that and see if the problem persists. Then you at least know if it's software or hardware related.

Back
Top Bottom