Old Topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first screenshot on this page is supposedly "final" and it's just as sparse.

The Dark Robin said:
Final screenshot of Illisarin, the Innui capital:
aqFhl.png

@robin, I'd advise making the capital city on flatter ground than that, warband doesn't handle slopes very well, especially the sheer cliffs you've added. The innui capital looks okay as a village or small town, but you've left yourself hardly any space for anything other than a little corridor. Build the city first, perhaps with a few shallow hills under it, and add the mountains afterwards once you've gauged the size. Otherwise you'll be stuck with something that looks like a small mining village.

I'm not saying you start again, i mean it's a decent enough scene, but consider making this a peripheral town and doing your capital once you've done a bit more scening.

I'm not sure what's bad about the steep slopes, I have barriers so ai won't travel there, and the ai mesh won't go there anyway. The town walkers are fine, and I have no reason to believe the siege won't be fine. :smile:

And indeed, the Felrana capital will have many more buildings in the end, it is a very early screen.

In another note, I am using The Bowman's OSP scene for Errunett, the Illicran capital.

There's nothing wrong with steep slopes per se, but when they just leap out of the otherwise flat valley like that it looks unnatural. The steepest slopes either come straight out of a body of water as cliffs, or are found on the sides of mountains as part of a very long incline. Anything else just looks plain weird, not least in warband where the textures for mountain tile horribly, and large sections of nothing but mountain texture is jarring and ugly.
Real mountains are actually pretty shallow and can be done realistically in warband if handled carefully. But you've used a fairly large (and fairly strong) brush on otherwise flat ground - hardly realistic.
This is a minor point and I'm trying not to nitpick, and you could actually get away with those hills on the left and right sides of the image given that you made them a bit less extreme. But the landscape is just so jarring, sort of like someone got skyrim and multiplied all the z values by 10.

hHN-f.png

So I designed it to fit that spot on the map, and it was actually a goal of mine to make the proportions like Skyrim x10, so realism didn't really fit with that, at least with my skills and the Warband engine.

It's a matter of taste I suppose, but thank you for the input, I'll try to take that into account as much as I can for the scene for Halarkell. :smile: (which is in a similar position of being between mountains)

Thanks! :smile:

Added to the main post.

Edit: More progress on Halarkell:
rGL8l.png
1PLcq.png

Edit2: The Innui troop tree is finished, check the second post to see it! :smile:

Developer Blog: #2 - Progress Continues!

Good night/morning/afternoon!

Welcome to the second Developer blog of the Myth of a Legacy modification!
In this blog we will be showing most of the recent progress, as well as reveal more of the idea behind the invasion of Oranos.

So, here is what we will be showcasing. Firstly, we now have a new team member, Something Unusual, who is a very good coder who I've worked with before. Second, we have information and preveiws about our new RPG-Style Dungeons, that I have been working on. Thirdly, will be talking about our planned Calradian Invasion. Finally, we will also be showing another video preview, showcasing the new races, some of which will be appearing in the dungeon.

Something Unusual
Something Unusual was instrumental in bringing the Zann invasion and random events to the Perisno mod, which is where I first met him. He has already fixed a major bug, that involved major OP code errors in-game.

RPG-Style Dungeons!
I plan to include dungeons related to the story, in a similar way as Light and Darkness has done, as well as games such as Darksiders II and Skyrim. We now show you previews of the new scene for the dungeon, which is still very much a work in progress. It will be included in a story-related quest.
faED1.png
TQXs3.png
Ak7_f.png
VcP2O.png
smz0L.png

Swadian Invasion!
The Kingdom of Swadia will be invading Oranos, in pursuit of it's riches. Swadia will use Native Swadian troops, as well as having a slightly reduced amount of lords than Native Swadia, as some need to stay to defend Swadia, and it's also good for balancing on a smaller world map. I plan to eventually include Nord, Vaegir and Rhodok invasions later. Khergit and Sarranid invasions will not be applicable, as the Khergits aren't situated on the coast, and the Sarranids, despite Shariz being on the coast, are primarily a desert people.

Video!
What would one of our blogs be without a video preview? Here, have one. It's a bit long, but showcases a few of the units that will be inside of the dungeon, as well as showing off the duels with your troops that have been added.

Alright then, this is it for this developer blog. I'm not sure when the next one will come out, but hopefully the previews shown here will be enough for at least a little while. If you have any questions feel free to ask them! Be sure to tell your friends about this project, and check us out on Moddb!

Thanks for reading, and till next time!
The Developer Team,
The Dark Robin
Something Unusual
xZEUS99x
Revspartan
Frenzied_Crocoduck_Herder

Update:
I am almost done with adding the new music, so there will be little to no Native music by tomorrow. A huge thank you to Rejenorst for making his great music free for anyone to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom