Old Topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone! :grin:

The troop tree for the Uulicate Oropo is nearly done, and I've updated the second post with it. :smile:

So, this is a story-based mod, you say? Are we gonna be on-rails like in Light and Darkness? Not that there is anything wrong with that, I'm just asking.

No, it will not be "on-rails." The player's actions and preformance will have a very real effect on the outcome of the story.

See the video I posted
The Dark Robin said:

What do you think may happen if the player wins that fight? Another thread to the story? What do you think may happen if the player escapes from the slavers? Gets caught running?

I see. That's certainly interesting, but given how many variables there are in M&B, I think it's gonna take you a lot of time and work to create a different outcome to them all.

Well, they may kill you if you get caught running. Then I won't need to make that part to the story. :wink:

Anyway, normal Warband stuff (such as war between factions, etc.) won't have any effect on the story, just different things you do during the story will. :smile:

I see. Then perhaps I didn't quite make myself clear: what I mean when I say L&D puts you "on-rails" is that, while you can technically do whatever you wish same as in standard M&B, certain actions will make it impossible to progress in the storyline. For instance, the game requires to go to Praven at a certain point to talk to a certain NPC, hence making war on Swadia will make it impossible to complete the main questline, as you won't be allowed into the city. That's what I mean.

Well, two things:
1) Rolf is in Praven in that situation, so it makes sense that you need to be able to enter Praven to get him. :cool:
2) You can still sneak into town, so it doesn't really have an effect.

Anyway, this is not the Light and Darkness discussion thread, so please stay on topic. :smile:

Sorry, didn't mean to steal your mod's thunder. I'll just say this before I move on: it'll be a cold day in Hell before I actually manage to successfully sneak anyhere in M&B.

Based on what you said before, can I assume there's perma-death in this mod if you fail in certain story-related fights?

Mr.Gloom: Yes there is Permadeath in certain story related fights. But not in normal fights.

GoldEagle: Thanks, and I'll see if I can think up some better names for the factions. :smile:

Also, Merry Christmas everybody! :grin:

I don't suppose you'd be willing to message me that permadeath script, would you? 'Cause I could really use it in my project. :S

Is the background of that signature hiding something? I swear I can see an image.

Nope. No hidden images. :lol:

Update:
I have recently been working on the scene for the unique location of one of the six religions, as well as a quest to reach that unique location.

Behold the Tree of Leune in it's full glory:
GtECY.png

The Dark Robin said:
Nope. No hidden images. :lol:

Update:
I have recently been working on the scene for the unique location of one of the six religions, as well as a quest to reach that unique location.

Behold the Tree of Leune in it's full glory:
GtECY.png

Leune doesn't seem to be one of the happy fun-time gods.

No especially. But not really evil either, Leune just likes fire.

Here's the WIP full scene:
l4SpC.png

I thought this was another ancalimon thread from the title :lol:. Good looking stuff so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom