Companion Builds

Users who are viewing this thread

Do you find you kill fast enough? Or do you not usually get into the thick of things?

Personally I favour an all out combat role and do no INT or CHA usually. Not sure how much this gimps me overall but I like hack and slash.

Since this build was done on a full player damage difficulty game, you're forced to not get into the thick of things. Even with the best lordly armor set, you die in 2-3 hits anyway.

Outside of that STR/AGI builds are fine but since Qualis Gem elixers exist I generally avoid pumping anything other than INT

Do you mod the difficulty outside the standard in game difficulty settings? I have it all the way up, (seems to only be at like 106% if I recall, can't remember exactly, but not 111) and still get into it... perhaps that's why things don't always go as planned  :lol:

Nope, I just turned everything up in the ol' difficulty menu and it says it's at 111% difficulty.

Party size has a huge impact on diffculty settings as well - if you don´t play at full size or oversize due to battlesizer you can easily avoid the 111% of natives maximum settings.

Running Battlesizer will set your battle size for all mods, as well as native. There is no need to do anything special for PoP.

edit: Link in case you don't know where it is; http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=103109.0

noosers said:
Party size has a huge impact on diffculty settings as well - if you don´t play at full size or oversize due to battlesizer you can easily avoid the 111% of natives maximum settings.

In some situations maybe, I play on full battlesize without the oversizing it and have often wished I could field more troops because there are more enemies in the originial spawn I can kill before the grouped up enemy reinforcements arrive to flank my split up infantry. Of course, with good strategy this can and is avoided. But I am not sure that a smaller battlesize is always beneficial.

It was mostly for epic pictures :razz:. Some battles are impossible to win on 1000. Dread Legion for instance, nothing I threw at those damn Anaconda Knights could break them.

MadVader said:
Send in the real estate warriors! Make sure those with mortgages are in the first wave! Move up the mortgage lawyer archers in support! Take no collaterals! :smile:

Real estate warriors is basically what the nobility was in the middle ages.

Aithere said:
Since this build was done on a full player damage difficulty game, you're forced to not get into the thick of things. Even with the best lordly armor set, you die in 2-3 hits anyway.

Outside of that STR/AGI builds are fine but since Qualis Gem elixers exist I generally avoid pumping anything other than INT
I always play 100% player damage and have been using Polearms as a primary weapon. My character does fine... I topped 660 kills in a defensive siege and rarely get under 10% of the kills in field battles even when I am playing extremely conservatively. I modded my game to have infinite reinforcements, so "10%" frequently means 20-50 kills. With how I prefer to play, I actually see this as optimal.

With best armor you aren't THAT fragile. I can take quite a few hits and I ignored Iron Skin. It's not as though you are always facing 100% elite armies, and even when you do they frequently do dumb things anyways. (Like try to CQC with a Lance...)

My character is frequently the best anti-knight unit on the field, which helps early game (when non-crossbowmen are likely tickling knights, and your troops are wasting attacks against armored horses) and when I deploy heavily ranged armies. I just kill all of the knights while they are trying to kill my troops, works splendidly... Especially as my ranged troops frequently run out of ammo due to my play format.

Knights lack the maneuverability to defend themselves if they are bogged down by troops, and even if they can somehow defend themselves the horse is likely going to die anyways.

You can attack a lot of enemies without retaliation when you have 200+ reach and troops to serve as a distraction. Later on you will likely be OHKOing everything anyways, especially if you have Ruby Glaive.

If you want to be a martial Lord I do believe that a +200 reach Polearm and/or Bow are the best primary weapons. I generally go Polearm if I intend to do heavy foot combat, and bow if I intend to do heavy mounted combat.

How are you acquiring the first 250 points of polearm skills?
Mounted doing some proper lancing or are you immediately starting as infantry man?

I'm looking for a good looting-companion, which one is suitable?

I descided to take the honorable bunch (Lethrandir, Ansen, Leslie, Sigi, etc.), so Sara the Fox is out of the game.
Ansen & Leslie are going to be INT-based, so Julia & Kaverra seem to be good choices.

Which one do you usually take?

Sara the fox is not out at all.

Sara + Sigi, Julia + Leth, Ansen + Adonja, Rayne + Kaverra, Jocelyn, Roland and Leslie is a stable 11-companion build which gives you trainers (Rayne, Jocelyn), a medic with trade for the early stages (Leslie), a looter/trader/emissary (Sara), some to kick ass (Leth, Roland, Sigi; Julia on the later stages), a scout/tracker (Adonja) and an engineer/tactician (Ansen). It even allows you to send out Jocelyn to train your order as much as you want, since he is not needed to keep someone else happy.

Back
Top Bottom