Population

Users who are viewing this thread

Froi

Infidel
Knight at Arms
Hey, I'm thinking about updating my PF, but I don't want to Update it, and then get in and there is only 2 players on a server.  How many players does the NA server average per day, and the EU server, or any other servers for that matter?

glenn500 said:
Population on PF is mostly low due to lack of updates on the mod itself their hasnt been a new version for ages

On that point, I need to agree with Glenn. There haven't been a update for long time now. If something new come, then people will get interested and get on to see and experince it. Therefore, the update would be great.

The reasons why I stopped playing:

- Lack of updates means smell of dead mod. And no one wants to invest in the community of a dead mod.

- While the mod showed promise and appealed to the NW style of RPer / player, development was halted several times and incredibly poorly designed maps made it very frustrating to play. For instance, we spent a long time on New Spain. Add very frustrating glitches and bugs and you will have anxiety inducing mechanics that can only be tolerated for a little while, not for months without perspective of ending any time.

- Lack of reliable bank and gear saving. Which is something PW players are used to. People, I include myself, felt that "working" was useless given the constant crashes and resets and high gold drops. This resulted in players not wanting to invest effort and be frustrated by engaging in more productive / constructive activities. Just grab a gun and shoot / troll was the common advice.

- Plenty of trolls, not so many active community members. While the servers were populated for a while, a large proportion of them were ancient PW players that came with the promise of no rule and hence mass randoming with outlaws. For months, that is all we saw, outlaws vs the colony was 3/4 of the action.

Overall, I feel this created a downward spiral were more creative members abandoned the mod and the proportion of trolls - jackasses to decent players reached intolerable levels.

retired Colonel Erk of the Hearts of Oak

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,280349.0.html

Erk said:
The reasons why I stopped playing:

- Lack of updates means smell of dead mod. And no one wants to invest in the community of a dead mod.

- While the mod showed promise and appealed to the NW style of RPer / player, development was halted several times and incredibly poorly designed maps made it very frustrating to play. For instance, we spent a long time on New Spain. Add very frustrating glitches and bugs and you will have anxiety inducing mechanics that can only be tolerated for a little while, not for months without perspective of ending any time.

- Lack of reliable bank and gear saving. Which is something PW players are used to. People, I include myself, felt that "working" was useless given the constant crashes and resets and high gold drops. This resulted in players not wanting to invest effort and be frustrated by engaging in more productive / constructive activities. Just grab a gun and shoot / troll was the common advice.

- Plenty of trolls, not so many active community members. While the servers were populated for a while, a large proportion of them were ancient PW players that came with the promise of no rule and hence mass randoming with outlaws. For months, that is all we saw, outlaws vs the colony was 3/4 of the action.

Overall, I feel this created a downward spiral were more creative members abandoned the mod and the proportion of trolls - jackasses to decent players reached intolerable levels.

retired Colonel Erk of the Hearts of Oak

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,280349.0.html

What has that last link to do with this?
Also, you say that you want gear safe on pf. But just like everyone can see on PW, Everyone complain about it. (combat log-off)
Lack of updates? Well, What do you want to see in the mod. What can be increased?
And yes, I agree that the map weren't the best. They missed updates. I don't know who was the old map maker, but believe me.
Every bug I see in the currents maps will be fixed by me. You can ask RaJiska, After I released Big Forest, I had daily updates.
I had these days that I asked RaJiska for 4 server reset to reset the map for another update ^^ So I'm here now
and plenty of trolls. Well, the admins are always available to help you. You can find them on the teamspeak or on www.pf-official.eu
If you only say in global that you got randomed and hate the game, You are not smart. You should use backspace what not everyone know.

I hope this helps you

I am not a random noob, that´s what the link was for. I have played PF long before you joined the admin team and also after you joined. I know the way to do stuff, I just offered my thoughts on why the mod is currently regarded as a smelly zombie by the vast majority of the PW / NW community, AFAIK.

Oh, you might see it different. That with:
BlackSniper said:
If you only say in global that you got randomed and hate the game, You are not smart. You should use backspace what not everyone know.
I don't say that you do this. I mean this in general.
Also I think I know you. You was old admin or map maker? Mayby dev?

Erk is right in all his stated points.

A bigger patch/new version or at least an official roadmap would help to increase popularity.
Cleaning up the trash in the sticky area might be also useful... its very confusing.

Maybe you should listen to the critics rather than being defensive.

They are trying to tell you the problems.

When it launched servers were 200 people. Now they are 20 people.

Von Blucher said:
Maybe you should listen to the critics rather than being defensive.

They are trying to tell you the problems.

When it launched servers were 200 people. Now they are 20 people.

Today and yesterday we had 80 people, your point is invalid. And just like blacksniper said we had 200 people since people wanted to check out the mod afterwards.

I stopped playing and went back to PW when global chat was introduced and made it into the same **** I already had with swords.
Maps (precicely, New Spain and all it's flaws) did the rest.

I have to voice my concern, it was good on plains map but new spain is terrible, its mutiplied all the bad parts of Persisten frontier

Dont get me wrong, i like the mod i spent ages playing it,

Its extremely frustrating to play
Spawn killing and camping is rife
Its like playing team death match where you start with no weapons
Theres no organsation
People dont care for factions because they just get killed and lose all their money so they go for Native and highway faction because they can dish out death for less so it matters less when they die

I dont really have any suggstions other then the admins crackdown but its just so Horrible to play right now

Cosmic_Nate said:
I have to voice my concern, it was good on plains map but new spain is terrible, its mutiplied all the bad parts of Persisten frontier

Dont get me wrong, i like the mod i spent ages playing it,

Its extremely frustrating to play
Spawn killing and camping is rife
Its like playing team death match where you start with no weapons
Theres no organsation
People dont care for factions because they just get killed and lose all their money so they go for Native and highway faction because they can dish out death for less so it matters less when they die

I dont really have any suggstions other then the admins crackdown but its just so Horrible to play right now

Don't get me wrong but spawn killing is out of the question we have enough safe rooms where you can buy weapons or leave the specific faction. There are enough organised factions which you can join for example ''TC''. Also please specify what you mean with admin crackdown.

The indian factions werre rdm imgrants and evryone was being racist in global chat

they said it was their rp to be white killers

Back
Top Bottom