Can't control AI in commander mode

Users who are viewing this thread

Hugh

Recruit
Hey guys.  As topic says...  I have no problems when I play regular Warband.  So I am aware of F1, F2 etc etc for issuing orders.  But in Nap Wars and online in Commander Battle mode (which seems VERY cool!) my AI are dum-dums.

They just run where I do, stick to me tight like glue and fire at will.  When I stop running they crowd around me jockeying for position kind of and never stand still.  Everytime I have to take a couple steps for a better view or whatever every guy in the unit shuffles around.  They ignore all other orders like "hold this position", "form 1 line", "charge!" or "fire on my command" so I can't get them to effectively line fire. 

I've looked at my controls and seems everything looks ok.  how to fix?

Thanks

ok you might be a recruit but the mount and blade napoleonic wars single player side is really f'd up. Seriously I have charge 200 soldiers with just 5 cav and killed every single one without a single casualty. Believe me They just stand there and watch you, and that is if your lucky.  It can even be worse like your troops flying and dissapearing. Anyway multiplayer has always been the preffered way to play.

MaHuD said:
Did you select the correct units to send the order to? Like does their banner glow green ?

Thanks for the replies guys.  Quote above may be part of the issue.  I dont recall seeing any banners glow... 

If I'm leading Inf don't I just press 7?  Then 2 for movement orders and then 1 for Hold This Position?  Thats what th options are when I go into the command menu.  But like I said my character yells the order in game, I see the command wrtten in the text area (lower left of screen) but the AI soldiers do not respond at all. 

Maybe I changed some of the key binds awhile ago (for some reason that made sense at the time) and now it doesn't work online in game?  I dunno... will try to play with it and experiment

Can someone tell me the basic command (using teh numbers) to tell a unit to Hold Position please.  And I'll check that with what my commands are

My controls for hold position are F1 and then F1 again. All my default commands are through the 'F' keys

Also the simplest way to gain control of your men if you have lost it is by pressing the 0 (zero) key. Since in NW Multiplayer commander battles you only control one troop type anyway. You should then have the green ring around their banner. I have lost control when someone puts up a poll and I reply.

Hope that helps

Press 0 to select troops. A green circle will appear around them. Then try pressing F1 F3 or F1 F2 to see if they respond.
They may be glitched on the actual map, in which case they will have to be killed and respawn to get unstuck.

Back
Top Bottom