[NA WWC] Main Discussion Topic for NA WWC competitions

Users who are viewing this thread

Erminas

Section Moderator
WWC%201st%20draft.png

North American Warband Weekend Cup

Main Discussion Topic

This topic will serve as a main place for Discussions about NA version of WWC.

Useful Topics

[NA WWC] Introduction and Rules
[NA WWC] Hall of Fame
[EU/NA WWC] Credits and Sponsor
[NA WWC] Season I Retrospective

Suggestions

Feel free to post any suggestions you have here in this topic.

You will be able to find them in the second post of this topic.

Is there a server where I can preview some of these maps that I am clueless about? Don't get me wrong, we'll fight you in a phone booth, but I'd rather for us not to be at a disadvantage by not knowing some of the maps.

Snoop said:
Is there a server where I can preview some of these maps that I am clueless about? Don't get me wrong, we'll fight you in a phone booth, but I'd rather for us not to be at a disadvantage by not knowing some of the maps.

We're working on getting a server provider for the NA tournament at the moment. We'll let you know when its available for testing. In the mean time, you may ask Erminas of servers that have the maps that are in question.

First of all i would like to welcome William(aka Nord Champion) to admin team of NA WWC.

And like he posted we are in process of getting server.More about it tomorrow:smile:

About maps(btw suggest what maps we could add to NA version of WWC)
Current list is:
Open Plain
Field by the River
Reveran Village
Frosty Battle
Ruins
Dry Valley

All these maps are rather known in NA.

Nord Town
Sandi'boush
Desert Town
Verloren
Vendetta
Dreicksdorf - this one is maybe the only which is still unknown to some.Was tested a lot in NA pickups and events though

The Farm - Open/Mixed map
New Port Assault - Closed map
Quagmire - Open/Mixed
Fort of Honour - Closed map
The Abbey - Open/Mixed map
Shariz Village - Closed map
Solace - Open/Mixed map
Rhodok Town - Closed map

Some are known some not so much.

Anyhow,all maps here can be found on WWC servers(Holland 1/2 and France) SimRai provided.Default pw is wwcmatch

Edit:
2nd post now has rosters and contacts for Season I.

Zt0XfAJ.jpg

SimRai
[size=14pt]continues to amaze us with it's generous support for our WWC.
[/size]

They have donated two Chicago hosted servers to us!!!

Default password on both WWC Chicago servers is same as on others: wwcmatch

WWC Chicago 1

servermonitor.php

WWC Chicago 2

servermonitor.php

Be sure to visit our sponsor's topic here(click for link) for more info about:

logo2.png

SimRai
Main sponsor of whole WWC

-Poll is up.
Its about Verloren map.

Also i would like to hear what maps should we add to Special Category maps.I am looking for 2 maps at the moment.One closed and one Open/Mixed.

• Special Category maps.This category includes potential competitive maps that could be used in next big tournaments(like WNL 3,UNAC 2...).I think custom maps really should be tested in competitive(but also not so serious) scrims before used in bigger tournaments so WWC is perfect testing ground.
    Rule is that you can play either 1 Open/Mixed map then 1 Closed map.Or you can pick Special Category map and combine it with either Open/Mixed or Closed.Special Category has both closed and open/mixed types of maps

Whole list of current maps:
  • Open/Mixed maps are:
    Open Plain
    Field by the River
    Reveran Village
    Frosty Battle
    Ruins
    Dry Valley
  • Closed maps are:
    Nord Town
    Sandi'boush
    Desert Town
    Verloren
    Vendetta
    Dreicksdorf
  • Special Category maps are:
    The Farm - Open/Mixed map
    New Port Assault - Closed map
    Quagmire - Open/Mixed
    Fort of Honour - Closed map
    The Abbey - Open/Mixed map
    Shariz Village - Closed map
    Solace - Open/Mixed map
    Rhodok Town - Closed map

NA version of Verloren map will be used in NA WWC.

One rule updated:
Semi-final matches must be played on Saturday and its up to the teams involved to agree on time.Winners of the Semis will fight in Final that must be on Sunday or Monday(Monday is only available if both teams agree to it).Defeated semi finalists will fight for Third place on Sunday or Monday(Monday is only available if both teams agree to it)

Also i would like to start a little discussion about which maps should be added to maps list in future.
First one that comes to my mind is Incursion.
Is it good?What are it's strong points?Is it Open/Mixed or Closed?

If accepted it would start in Special Categories of maps.

Balion Zero said:
Add : The Last Pomeranian

-Zero
Done.
Btw i forgot to tell you guys.When you want to add new players to the rosters you can either post in this topic or in topics of WWCs you are playing in.

Ahead of tonight's NA WWC stream,Viglaf and me have decided to install ENL admin mod to both Chicago servers.
All maps that we use in WWC are there so captains feel free to test them(i think i gave all of you admin password).

Back
Top Bottom