Main Thread - 3.0 released!

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm eagerly awaiting new version of the mod :smile:. I've always wanted to see something fantasy-ish set within the era of gunpowder and now Jacob made my dream come true :p.

Thank you, keep up the good work!

Does this mod take place in the same universe of Native? That would be cool you know if there is a reference to the land of Calradia.
Or maybe a Swadian mercenary knight, a Nord guard or Rhodok gunners. Just a suggestion.  :mrgreen:

Sir William the Brave said:
Does this mod take place in the same universe of Native? That would be cool you know if there is a reference to the land of Calradia.
Or maybe a Swadian mercenary knight, a Nord guard or Rhodok gunners. Just a suggestion.  :mrgreen:
No, if you read the description of the mod it most certainly isn't. Here is a mod that fits your description better.

A mod full of potential yeah! I tried the beta, but dude.. the sizes of the map are.. 861000?? And the forest is pretty thick.. Which blows my low spec laptop lol

KhivalrousBear said:
A mod full of potential yeah! I tried the beta, but dude.. the sizes of the map are.. 861000?? And the forest is pretty thick.. Which blows my low spec laptop lol

I'll probably release it with a separate scenes.txt file with smaller battle maps for lower end machines. same for particle effects. it'd be save compatible, of course.

Quick update, I've finished all that's required scripting-wise, including a revolution that happens mid-game, and a bunch of buildings that are actually worth the money. i'll be over a mountain of essays by friday, so I'll be able to start modding properly again. incidentally, the drawing competiton mentioned earlier is going to be decided by the 21st, so I'll be able to post it here.

what's taking far longer than usual is the NPC and claimant dialouge. it takes me almost 3 hours just to do one. when you play please read what the people say, not just because of the effort, but you can also get a good idea of what the characters are going to be like as lords, and what their views are. plus there's a lot of world backstory involved.

jacobhinds said:
I'll probably release it with a separate scenes.txt file with smaller battle maps for lower end machines. same for particle effects. it'd be save compatible, of course.

Quick update, I've finished all that's required scripting-wise, including a revolution that happens mid-game, and a bunch of buildings that are actually worth the money. i'll be over a mountain of essays by friday, so I'll be able to start modding properly again. incidentally, the drawing competiton mentioned earlier is going to be decided by the 21st, so I'll be able to post it here.

what's taking far longer than usual is the NPC and claimant dialouge. it takes me almost 3 hours just to do one. when you play please read what the people say, not just because of the effort, but you can also get a good idea of what the characters are going to be like as lords, and what their views are. plus there's a lot of world backstory involved.
Good to hear that! It'll help me.. Alot  :lol:
I have a something by the way.. Is it possible for you to make a script to buy an enterprises from villages? But instead, it'll probably be farmland, animal herd and that??

Have you implemented the PBOD mod? I think it would help emphasize the tactical rock paper scissors nature of the warfare. Good luck with the mod btw, I love pike & shot stuff.

jacobhinds said:
Here's the comic I was talking about:

http://axiaterraartunion.deviantart.com/gallery/48658288

I didn't win, but I hope you enjoy it.

Oh, just these 8 pages? It looks like the story doesn't ends in that page  :???:
Anyway incredible drawing stile, I love it  :smile:

jacobhinds said:
Here's the comic I was talking about:

http://axiaterraartunion.deviantart.com/gallery/48658288

I didn't win, but I hope you enjoy it.

Very nice indeed! I'd like to see more of it! Anyway, are there news about the mod?

Any chance of seeing the pickelhaube in this mod? not sure, but it may fit in :smile:

This looks really interesting actually. The first mod I've been excited about in a while. Those screenshots look amazing!

Keep up the good work!  :grin:

sneak peek at things to come:

airship battles.
08567115D64D86BAE9ADF007D4BA62ABC011E7D6

D64A2785DEC3621254EB8AE87646D65488FD7917

improved smoke effects.
25491303101CB42D2F7ADC9C80F716600D49D3C4

handmade battlefields.
FEAD043449808FE93A082B96D4C4BDFFD20BEC62

falling leaves.
7160E3B277D3325776253CF83B9F03BDE6D3CB61

even more battlefields.
C649CB33C7736932757139823C369B905B732B5C

Dear Jacob,

For me, your mod is one of the most anticipated mods for warband. You keep coming with awesome ideas and the world created by you sounds really interesting. I keep my fingers crossed so you can complete it as quickly as possible :smile:.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

The Dark Robin said:
:eek: Airship battles? Sounds awesome. :smile: When will those occur?

alongside naval battles when you're on sea tiles. I was hoping of doing a script involving airship travel, but it'd be too much for too little effort since not many battles actually take place there.

robertidaniel said:
Dear Jacob,

For me, your mod is one of the most anticipated mods for warband. You keep coming with awesome ideas and the world created by you sounds really interesting. I keep my fingers crossed so you can complete it as quickly as possible :smile:.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Thanks a lot. it's comments like this that keep me working through the more frustrating parts of modding :shock:

MINI OSP because there's no point creating a new topic for something so small and niche:

I've discovered a way to get soldiers to use a variety of animations when walking. I tried this right at the beginning of development, but agents kept cycling through the animations and it looked disgusting. but i found that adding the tag "amf_use_cycle_period" keeps agents using the same animation until the cycle ends.
CF4A12B2BF7A8E7774167209F203ED61B212D4B3

cavalry do the same, making it look a bit like a Napoleonic painting:

9F35E1B4EDFF117FE98025DD0EB5070262C5B460

this is sort of in reaction to a russian(or spanish, i can't remember) forum where somebody said that my previous horseback animations looked like somebody carrying the Olympic torch. I couldn't unsee it and decided to change it.
It's simple code and a tiny .brf, but due to certain restrictions would look silly on any mod that features long non-couchable polearms on horseback.
If you want these, shoot me a PM and I'll help you install them.

actually scratch that, I've done enough in the past few hours to justify a release :razz:

Back
Top Bottom