[WB][S]Bellum Imperii

Users who are viewing this thread

Why is there a troop called a "Germanic Warband"?

I mean, if it's Germanic tribes wouldn't it be Germanic tribesman?

Just nitpicking, otherwise the mod looks really good! :grin:

I'd like to see some more shields and missile weapons on the germanic warriors.

And maybe its an idea for romans to have two separate troop trees. One roman and one auxillary, where roman troops would be better infantry, aux better archers and cav.

Axillary and Roman should definitely have separate troop trees.
Also it shouldn't Go skirmisher > Archer >Skirmisher because then to have archers you can only get them if you don't upgrade

It should be something like

>Velites
>Leves 
            >Archer

However considering you're doing the mod around 170 AD, Leves and Velites were very much gone, so I'm guessing you're breaking historical accuracy for gameplay there. It might be better to shift your time period to around 100 BC, so you can have a mix of pre reform and post reform units. You could have Hastati and Principes and Triarii which eventually turn into standard legionaries, something like in Rome 2.

Hertog Jan said:
I'd like to see some more shields and missile weapons on the germanic warriors.

And maybe its an idea for romans to have two separate troop trees. One roman and one auxillary, where roman troops would be better infantry, aux better archers and cav.
Agreed, thanks for the suggestion.
Willhelm said:
Axillary and Roman should definitely have separate troop trees.
Also it shouldn't Go skirmisher > Archer >Skirmisher because then to have archers you can only get them if you don't upgrade

It should be something like

>Velites
>Leves 
            >Archer

However considering you're doing the mod around 170 AD, Leves and Velites were very much gone, so I'm guessing you're breaking historical accuracy for gameplay there. It might be better to shift your time period to around 100 BC, so you can have a mix of pre reform and post reform units. You could have Hastati and Principes and Triarii which eventually turn into standard legionaries, something like in Rome 2.
You're right about the velites and archers, I'll change it so they both have their own "upgrade-line". Thanks

About the time period. I won't change the time, I picked the current time more or less just as a background to base the mod of. (For the characters and the campaign maps shape). The campaign map is nearly done, so you could imagen how much time I would have wasted if I would have to re-do most of it just because some units aren't historical accurate (what would me have to go back like 200 years in which case I would have a tottaly different map. And aftherall. I'm sure people wouldn't mind to see these units. Nonetheless thanks for the suggestion!

I think the easiest way to incorporate the two different trooptrees,  is to make it so that troops recruited from towns are roman citizens and thus roman troops. While troops recruited from villages are auxiliary forces. You could see it like the cities representing the roman(ized) colonies.

Another way would be to have AOR troops, but that would mean a ****load of work i assume.  :cool:

I think I got it quite right atm. I will look if I can take a screenshot of it later. :smile: Thanks for the feedback!

17-11

Alright not a lot to show, been working a bit on a small town. Still WIP any suggestions are welcome.
0E33DCD7CC28860FB6B9E69B31ED92D4CCC3E934
Also, currently the Roman Troop tree looks like this.
- Roman Pleb - Roman Volunteer - Roman Legionaire - Roman Armored Legionaire
                                                                      - Roman Praetorian - Roman Preatorian Cavalry

- Roman Auxilery - Roman Leves  - Roman Velites
                                                                - Roman Archer
                                        - Roman Equites - Roman Auxilery Cavalry
Still having some doubts on both the unit names of Equites and volunteer. (infantry/cav) If anyone knows a better name to replace those please say so. :smile:

Kinda mixed up atm :smile:

Leves are camillian skirmishers. Velites are their polybian counterparts. Both are republican. You need imperial units. :smile:
You now have Roman auxiliary as a type of unit, but al those units should be auxiliaries. Roman equites used to be nobles, not foreigners. ^^

I had something like this in mind:

From towns: Roman troops
Roman Civilian - Roman Legionair - Roman Veteran legionair - Roman First Cohort - Roman Praetorian Guard
                                                                                                - Roman Cavalry - Roman Praetorian Cavalry

From villages: Auxiliary troops
Auxiliary Subject - Auxiliary Spearman - Auxiliary Light cavalry - Auxiliary Cavalry - Auxiliary cataphract cavalry
                                                            - Auxiliary Archer - Auxiliary veteran archer

I think now all classes are covered. Since every Roman Legionair has two pila, i see no need for sepperate skirmishers.

btw that village looks great  :razz:

Hertog has it right i think although i don't know if spearmen should turn into cavalry because then you can't keep Aux spearmen really.

If you want light infantry skirmishers you should go for Antesignani which were similar to Velites but post marian.

I'll look into it, once again thanks for the feedback.

FD158A60A732A6CB3CECB48A917782BECF0E21CD
Unfortunatly that I don't have any walls that fit more, so these will do for now. Also ignore the out_terrain, I haven't eddited it that yet.

I am sure it is minor, but a nice touch for the Germanics would be to have many (the majority really) have the Suebian knot either on the side or top of their head.  Since the prominent Germanic tribes Rome fought during this period were those engaged in the Marcomannic Wars (and in turn of Suebi origin, like the Marcomanni and the Quadi) it might be a nice touch.

Been doing some days nothing, started yesterday on a new Roman fort.

Still WIP as I am thinking of replacing the gate with another one.
DFC677B6B64DC63BBB56DE40D42B9464EFD0637A
Also I've re-textured with my poor texturing skills the preatorian equipment, I didn't like the red.
B4A110B5F469691FFEAC9BAFABAEC3341567B204
(I probably shouldn't even taken this screen in the shadow)  :lol:

Back
Top Bottom