B Tutorial 3D Modelling & Texturing & Implementing

Users who are viewing this thread

(edit-Not even sure if this thread is still active)
Hey, I followed your tutorial, and did everything right.  I think. But then when I got into the game, I could see my item at the store (the name and stuff) but the mesh was missing, so it just spammed with "cant find mesh Outsider"

Sense it said this, I looked to see if I had imported my mesh, and I did. But on OpenBrf, It says "not in module.ini"

0FYnCPV.png

F1moJOA.png
and my script in items.py is this: 
Code:
["Outsider", "Criganian's Sword", [("Outsider",0),("bastard_sword_a_scabbard", ixmesh_carry)], itp_type_one_handed_wpn|itp_merchandise| itp_primary, itc_bastardsword|itcf_carry_sword_left_hip|itcf_show_holster_when_drawn,
 294 , weight(2.0)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(120) | weapon_length(101)|swing_damage(100 , cut) | thrust_damage(100 ,  pierce),imodbits_sword_high ],

And I also have my .dds file in the right place, I presume.
UnWkIDy.png

edit- Also, I imported everything with the build_module and got no errors

I probably missed something very obvious, and if so, I would greatly appreciate an answer.

I am extremely new to modding (been doing it for 3 days) so that is why I have such a newbie question. 
This script, and this sword was only for testing purposes, so don't judge.

One thing I can suggest is avoiding uppercase characters. Generally, that creates some errors. Also, as far as items go, I prefer to have the same name in the "Name" fields. Like so:

Code:
["Outsider", "Outsider", [("outsider",0),("bastard_sword_a_scabbard", ixmesh_carry)], itp_type_one_handed_wpn|itp_merchandise| itp_primary, itc_bastardsword|itcf_carry_sword_left_hip|itcf_show_holster_when_drawn,
 294 , weight(2.0)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(120) | weapon_length(101)|swing_damage(100 , cut) | thrust_damage(100 ,  pierce),imodbits_sword_high ],

Of course, change the mesh and material name in OpenBRF, too.  :smile:

Thanks for the fast reply. Your advice about keeping everything lower case helped out for future reference, but surprisingly it wasn't the solution. This was the solution:
For anyone who had this problem, read below
You know how in my OpenBrf it said "not in Module.ini"? (look at the picture on my last post)  because of this,  I opened my Module.ini and added this:
Code:
load_mod_resource = outsider
so now my game will actually look inside my .brf and doing this fixed the problem.

Sources: http://mbmodwiki.ollclan.eu/Custom_Items_into_your_mod_using_Open_Brf

Hi there, sweet tutorial but I am having an issue with my helmet. In the OpenBRF it shows up with transparent frontal faces despite the whole thing being saved as obj in Wings. During modelling it sometimes looked like that but by the time I exported it, it did not occur. If anyone knows what causes the frontal transparancy and how to fix it, that would be great.

There is a picture in the dropbox link.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vm6u01rhr9dhdmp/openwings.png?dl=0

If you've got "view backfaces" ticked in the "view" menu then it's most likely that all the faces are reversed but you can't tell. Select the whole object and right click > invert to flip the faces.

Of course if you do this, the inner faces will be invisible rather than the outer ones.

jacobhinds said:
If you've got "view backfaces" ticked in the "view" menu then it's most likely that all the faces are reversed but you can't tell. Select the whole object and right click > invert to flip the faces.

Of course if you do this, the inner faces will be invisible rather than the outer ones.
Thanks Jacob, I would not have figured it out on my own.  :smile:

Hey, I am trying to make a texturemod, so I implent some OSP files to tho the file, I just replace some native armor and test it. But when I try it ingame, I have the "ghost" of the armor, that means i can see it, but the texture is just shining white. In open BRF/structure is written: Texture: <not found>.

So, now my question: How can I assin textures to this structure? I have already added the Mate and Texture in BRF and it have the same name.

That means that in the brf file you made, the texture is absent. So, find the material of the mesh you made(the native armour you want to change). See in the upper right, the box that says the material's name. Click on it and it will send you to the material that armor uses. There, look at the right, where it says DiffuseA. That is where the texture you wish to make the armour show must be written. If your texture has another name than the one written there, just copy your texture's name. Then, hit Import-> Texture and find your texture .dds file and import it in the Textures section of the brf file in question. And that's about it.

ähhm. when i tested it in native, i saw that it don't really work...
A screen how it looks like in open BRF:
And a screen how it looks in native: .

Yes, I saved everything and open it in BRF again.

Well, if it shows good in open brf, then it's really strange it shows weird in game. Did you use a rigged model or did you rigged it yourself? Also, did you use a heraldic item as template?

From the photos alone, I cannot figure out what's wrong. Can you quote here the item's entry from the file?

I maybe have an idea what could be causing the problem.
There are different "lods" (versions) of the armor. I replaced the final version, it looks very nice in openBRF. But when i change to lod1, lod2 and lod3, it looks exacly as it looks like in mount and blade. Could it be possible that native use a lod (unfinished) version?

edit:
Quintillius said:
Select another outfit and choose Edit -> Copy. Then select yours and once again click Edit, but choose for Paste Rigging now.

I have tried it, (copy something, then click on mine and paste rigging) but nothing happend. not ingame, and not in openBRF.
But i noticed that the mesh/ghost howeveryoucallit ingame is the same as in the lods and in the old version, but in BRF is the new mesh/ghost. This is the reason why the texture is so strange. In BRF, the texture is fine.

edit 2: I have copied, pasted in and renamed it, so that the lods looks exactly like the final version, I have changed the name too so I have now a lod1, lod2 and lod3 who are fine, but ingame it still won't work. Maybe, M&B warband native is just taking my new skins, not my BRF file (But i saved it in resource with the old name, so it should work)

Ok, the lods are the level of details, how an armor will look from a distance. Of course, they need to use the same material and texture that the 'main' mesh is using. Now, an idea. Did you replace the native item with another that had the same name? That's very important, because, if in your module.ini you have enabled both the native brf that contains the vanilla item AND your brf, then the game reads both files. Your brf IS perfect, but the game puts in the item all meshes with the same name. Try naming your mesh(and texture and material) something else, like test_armor2 or something and then replace the mesh of the item with it.  :wink:

Yes, but if you change the model, as well as the texture, the game reads and shows ALL the meshes of the same name. You understand how this is a problem.

[quote author=module.ini]
#You can also use load_mod_resource instead of load_resource to make sure you are reading files from module directory.
[/quote]
So, if i change the load_resource in the module.ini folder to load_mod_resource, it should work, right?

Back
Top Bottom