MP Musket Era [NW] War For Liberty - American Revolutionary War Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

dessan95

Sergeant
WAR FOR LIBERTY
A M&B Napoleonic Wars Mod based on the American Revolution

wNZ8sIz.jpg

Introduction to the historical context

The year is 1774. After the assault on the supplies of tea in the ports of Boston by some revolutionary insurgents was clear that the situation would soon be worse. A year later, in 1775, the coalition of the Thirteen Colonies was opposed to British rulers that did not represent the colonies in parliament. The American revolutionaries took up arms and declared war against the British rulers. In a short time, through a series of bloody clashes such as the famous battles of Yorktown, Bunkerhill and Trenton, the Continental Army gained the victory and the British were forced to accept the independence of the colonies. With the subsequent Declaration of Independence of the American colonies obtain independence at last.

Factions
  • France: 2 Cavalry Units - 1 Artillery Unit - 4 Infantry Units (Including a unit of Natives)
  • Great Britain: 2 Cavalry Units - 1 Artillery Unit - 4 Infantry Units (Including a unit of Cherokee Guides)
  • Thirteen Colonies: 2 Cavalry Units - 1 Artillery Unit - 4 Infantry Units (Including two units of Volunteers/Militia)

Features

- Several historical units including American volunteers, natives and Hessian grenadiers;
- Some historical battles such as Bunker Hill, Yorktown and Trenton;
- Accurate military marches and flags;
- Some famous generals like George Washington, Thomas Gage and Jean-Baptiste Donatien;
- Accurate and faithful uniforms;
- (Next changelog) Naval Battles.

Screens and Tools (Alpha)

haGeqqb.jpg
Sorry if we don't have enough screens but
we started building objects a few days ago...

Development Team

Sharkmik - Mapping and historical advice;
Gravoid505 - 2D and art and Texturing;
dessan95 (JackAubrey) - Modelling.

Banners to show your support

REPhsZv.jpg

xb9DzvL.jpg

BmkLq7G.jpg

I am familiar with all Gabrilduro's mods and i've been played the 1776 American Revolution mod for a very long time... but we intend to develop the Multiplayer ... thanks, we'll see!

BmkLq7G.jpg

kbf5.png

Thanks for the advice! No, we decided to start from scratch with the mod: everything will be created by us since the beginning!

BmkLq7G.jpg

kbf5.png

Captured Joe said:
You could ask him for items and uniforms from his mod, just like Bravo[numberIforgot] and his project.

About Gabrilduro... instead i'm just wondering if he could be agree to give us some scripts! maybe we could need some good stuff and iteems like tricorns or muskets... however, if you are in close contact with Gabrilduro, talk to him about this oportunity please... thanks of course!

BmkLq7G.jpg

kbf5.png

Looks interesting. Will be glad to see it complete. Shame about the title though. Should of been called Path to Slavery - War ON Liberty. As lets be honest America for the next 100 years wasn't the nicest place to live....

Well unless you were a white, heterosexual, christian man and then only the right kind of christian.

dessan95 said:
Captured Joe said:
You could ask him for items and uniforms from his mod, just like Bravo[numberIforgot] and his project.

About Gabrilduro... instead i'm just wondering if he could be agree to give us some scripts! maybe we could need some good stuff and iteems like tricorns or muskets... however, if you are in close contact with Gabrilduro, talk to him about this oportunity please... thanks of course!

BmkLq7G.jpg

Believe me...you don't want his scripts...

AxiosXiphos said:
Looks interesting. Will be glad to see it complete. Shame about the title though. Should of been called Path to Slavery - War ON Liberty. As lets be honest America for the next 100 years wasn't the nicest place to live....

Well unless you were a white, heterosexual, christian man and then only the right kind of christian.

We decided the title according to what the patriots of the time could think about the war against England: they saw the conflict as a real liberation from English mercantilism and did not know minimally what would happen years later approximately in  1860 with the Civil War.

Austro said:
dessan95 said:
Captured Joe said:

BmkLq7G.jpg

Believe me...you don't want his scripts...

Why do you say that?

BmkLq7G.jpg

kbf5.png

You know GABRILURDO give his items and his scripts to poeple who support him and it's normal. Imagine , i think , there is 2-3 guys who ask him his items everyday  :mrgreen:

I believe some people may think that Gabrilduro's scritps are a bit sloppy, that may even be true. But I've had quite some fun playing his mods though :wink:

Ser Jaime Lannister said:
I believe some people may think that Gabrilduro's scritps are a bit sloppy, that may even be true. But I've had quite some fun playing his mods though :wink:

"Sloppy" would be giving him too much credit.

Austro said:
Ser Jaime Lannister said:

"Sloppy" would be giving him too much credit.

Austro Calm down, I did not open this topic to throw mud on the work of Gabrilduro! ...

However... maybe i'll need some good items from Gabrilduro's mod so how can i contact him? If anyone can tell him that i want to talk it could be great!

BmkLq7G.jpg

kbf5.png

I strongly suggest you make the mod singleplayer. Gabrilduro's 1776 american revolution always seemed a bit dated and didn't work a lot of the time. If you could make a great Singleplayer American Revolution mod, I'd certainly play it a lot. If you kept it Multiplayer I highly doubt you'd get anyone to play it.

It would also be good if you could change the title, like AxiosXiphos said, maybe point the facade and hypocrisy of the revolution.

I can also make you guys some GFX if you need, sigs, banners, etc

rofl50 said:
I strongly suggest you make the mod singleplayer. Gabrilduro's 1776 american revolution always seemed a bit dated and didn't work a lot of the time. If you could make a great Singleplayer American Revolution mod, I'd certainly play it a lot. If you kept it Multiplayer I highly doubt you'd get anyone to play it.

It would also be good if you could change the title, like AxiosXiphos said, maybe point the facade and hypocrisy of the revolution.

I can also make you guys some GFX if you need, sigs, banners, etc

Wait,... are you a coder or something else?
However maybe we'll decide to do the singleplayer too but for now we've decided to concentrate on the multy...
Regarding the, titles probably we're going to change it after your advices!  :smile:

BmkLq7G.jpg

kbf5.png

Back
Top Bottom