Víkingr Jomsborg Event ( 23th February 2017) 18:00 GMT

Users who are viewing this thread

Since Snorri is tired at the moment to organize events, I take the oppertunity to organize one, since we Jomsvikingar have a server again, hosted in Frankfurt.

It will have including some rounds of Siege and Raid mode.

OLD​

IMPORTANT NOTICE
The Event will never be in the same day as the Shieldwall Event!

So, since the mod is growing very much, I want to bring some fun in the community. :smile:  I will try for the next weeks, to make a Event-Day every Sunday (expect when there is the shieldwall-event) to make people more active. :grin:  It will be mixed events, like some rounds of Siege, raid, cav vs cav battles and "Slay the Giant".

What is "Slay the Giant" ?

In "Slay the Giant" the players team up to fight against one, or more giants that will be controlled by players. Giants are powerfull, so you need good teamwork and strategy. Also, because there won't be archers on there.

About Conquest

Conquest

Event Rules

The usual long established community and Server Víkingr Rules must be followed.

No teamkicking or teamkills.

Heavy racism will be punished.

Behave!

Where again?: Jomsborg (Server)
TeamSpeak IP?: Rccclan.com
Who are the admins?:  Ragnarr Jarl Jomsborg, Leifr Hersir Jomsborg, Björn Ellri Jomsborg
Time: 19:30 (1+GMT) (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Jomsborg+Public+Event&iso=20141130T1930&p1=37)

MAPS for Conquest

Ruins (Native, not sure of we will use it)
mb24.jpg

Mountain Hamlet (Small map)
mb22.jpg

Romenel (medium map)
mb25.jpg

Essetesford (big map)
mb21.jpg

Val-és-Dunes (huge map, I think we won't use it)
mb23.jpg

"Which Factions we will play?"

Engle vs Nordmenn
(Anglo-Saxons vs Vikings)

Here a video from the last event: (Cav)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7anghto0yc

Screenshots and Videos are welcome!

Slay the giant video:

Organised by:
jomsvikingbancopy.png

I really want to be delicate about this but it's not in my nature.
Being sensible, how populated do you really expect a Saturday evening event to be? Why not on Hildeleikr? (I was not aware that the Jomsborg now run their own server either).

You've been here long enough now Ragnarr. What community there is now is marginal; it's never been anything else in Víkingr despite a cult status as a module. Saturday Siege was an event that was supported by the Lewes Fyrd - it eventually became tiresome and the events halted. Thus the monthly limit on current shield wall events.

I am sorry for being negative. I am not sorry for speaking the truth though.
I wish you the greatest luck in this endeavour. One may have better success pulling out the roots of mountains and catching the breath of cats.

Now all that's missing is another   masochistic   questionable Jomsborgian rúnston chappter as backstory to this ordeal.

Ohøj, people wondering about the population of this Event, and to begin with, it might just be 'Jomsborg' populated, but I've recently contacted a fellow friend of mine, which name is RipperX, and he have made previous videos about Víkingr, which of what I remember made more people join, and maybe some would like to stay. So I would love all of you if you gave our own Event a try, it might not be your cup of tea, but hey, what could be the worst that could happen? Haha, but take care. And I hope to see all of you on the next Event. - I am sorry if I messed anything up, or made this long message unclear, but I apologize, It's nearly 2:30 in night, and I am half drunk on this friday. So please be nice, and stay healthy/wealthy.

- From your's truely drunk Lëifr Hærsir á Jómsvíkingar :wink:

So, huh, how does this work? Is it clan-based like the historical events, or individual like the shieldwall events? Do people have to sign up? What will the server settings be? Are there going to be commanders, or will it be more like casual play? What will the class restrictions be, and are all clases going to be available to all players?

It is not clan-based,it is individual like the shieldwall event. So,you just join the Teamspeak and we will give you the password when the event begins. It will be more like casual play,we admin will watch the people so nobody trolls. The thing with the classes is a good question,we will look that a Archer-Spam won't happen. :smile:

Uhm, sorry to be a ***** but I've just noticed you've pretty much copy and pasted things from my Shieldwall Event thread, including - but not just - the time zone link (which says Víkingr Shieldwall Event). Please don't be so lazy.

-.-!

Celtichugs said:
Uhm, sorry to be a ***** but I've just noticed you've pretty much copy and pasted things from my Shieldwall Event thread, including - but not just - the time zone link (which says Víkingr Shieldwall Event). Please don't be so lazy.

-.-!

I deleted the link.  :wink:

Well, there's always a trade-off between scale and performance. For Val-ès-Dunes we had 200 players and it was quite laggy on my computer, but the sheer numbers added something of their own while still being playable. I think the performance was a lot better at Brunanburh and Eoferwic, which were probably closer to that 120 figure (accidentally in the case of Brunanburh :razz:). I would put the upper cap higher than that myself, but it's not an exact science.

Wish you Jomsers luck with your first event-thingy. Activity in Vikingr is always good.

However, it might be even more effective/productive if you'd get together with some of these ominous "event guys" (say Eirikr, Hrotha, Thorkell, Ualraig) to try and plan some "whole of the community" event. Just thinking to myself though.

Back
Top Bottom