[ NA / EU / HCRP ] Avalon Gaming [closed]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm banned from nexus forums but someone sent me a link saying they posted a logo on nexus forum with our name on it, and though  cannot see it to verify, I'm pissed about it and I do not think that is cool.  Please delete anything you see with our name on it on your forum, I apologize for their actions, I will make it clear to them it is not tolerated.  Nexus is different environment, it is not a competition.  I do not promote spamming.  Some people prefer the nexus way of doing things.  I propose we find some way to attract more players so we can have multiple environment.  Maybe script optimization?  Regardless I will have to figure it out myself apparently.  Anyway sorry for any trouble S0mebody, I would like to do another event if you guys would like, we have way better sceners now so we could make a very good hunger games map. 

I just don't have an east coast server. xD I hope your move to the US has been grand S0mebody, welcome aboard the ****hole of the country who likes to start **** with everyone. "and you wonder where I get it from". 

Anyway come back online sometime when your not busy. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UJzaT4wBd4​

Lol really bad freestyle I did about being a Serf on PW. o_O

in reguards to avenger *****ing at Friedrich over realm divided.  You gave us permission man.

Av3ng3r said:
Morbid said:
Someone emailed it to me, and I had a long discussion with them saying do you have the right to give me this map?  Am I going to get *****ed out for it? ect... 

Stealing maps is not something I do, last time I did that was when I was a noob and RCC flooded our server and spanked us.

You generally shouldn't use a map without asking the creator unless he specified it was for public use.

Morbid said:
If it is a problem, i'll take care of it, if you want to give us permission, we would appreciate it, if not it will be taken down due to the map creator being pissed about us using it. 

It's fine, but don't make any changes without informing myself.

And next time ask the person who made the map if you can use it.

The owner of a map can remove permission. It is well within his rights, however much he is being an arsehole (believe me, I have experienced plenty of Av3ng3r being difficult with maps), it is still bad practice to use it once permission is removed.

I just have never heard of permission being removed after granted for use of a map before.  And no one has talked to me personally about it anyway. 

but i won't argue, I will taker it down if he replies here or asks me, I just have to wait til the night is over, can't just boot everyone off. :/

Raging Womble said:
The owner of a map can remove permission. It is well within his rights, however much he is being an arsehole (believe me, I have experienced plenty of Av3ng3r being difficult with maps), it is still bad practice to use it once permission is removed.

Yes womble, the reason for it is kind of a jerk move, I was given permission, and not once has anyone been immture enough to try and take permission away.  Remember glovine?  He gave me permission for journey, at some point we stopped liking eachother, he never went back on his word about the map, eventually things cooled off between us.

All I can say is using realm divided is temporary for us since we are finishing a new map, it will not be up very long, so I hope you can just chill on the issue, we do not consider it as part of our rotation.  Though it is very balanced, we thought it might help get NA activity back up since activity has been low for all NA servers the last week. 

So we are trying to get that straightened out.  It's about the players man, and the mod, if we can bring in enough players by being chill and offering diverse environments I see no reason why both communities can't exist. 

Saturday April 12, 2014 @ 8:00pm EST
Hunger Games

Free-for-all

Description:
This week we are bringing back our popular series of Hunger Games events! With a brand new map created by myself, the objective of this event is to be the last man or woman standing! A simple fight for survival against the harsh elements as well as other people trying to hunt you down. We'll see you this Saturday!

http://www.avalon-gaming.com/index.php?/topic/1055-avalon-pw-weekly-saturday-night-war-event-thread/?p=9330​

Morbid said:
in reguards to avenger *****ing at Friedrich over realm divided.  You gave us permission man.

I wasn't actually *****ing, I gave Friedrich a message to convey to you.

As to me giving you permission the first time.
I probably should have made clear it was only "fine" until you changed maps, mainly because I didn't want to force you to switch maps without any preparation, even though you had just gone ahead and used the map without permission or informing me.

So now please kindly refrain from using my maps on your servers.

You should of clarified that the first time, and as for the first time, I thought we had permission in the first place after the 3 hour discussion it took to even get me to put it up in the first place, being assured I wasn't going to be harassed over it. 

Av3ng3r said:
Morbid said:

I wasn't actually *****ing, I gave Friedrich a message to convey to you.

As to me giving you permission the first time.
I probably should have made clear it was only "fine" until you changed maps, mainly because I didn't want to force you to switch maps without any preparation, even though you had just gone ahead and used the map without permission or informing me.

So now please kindly refrain from using my maps on your servers.

Says the guy that waste time from his life to make PW maps and not allowing a server to use it. Isn't that the whole point of making a map for PW? Or do you have nothing else to do? But oh well peasant can change the map without a problem.

So someone sent us normandy, and the players demanded we put it up.  I didn't know normandy was avenger's map, it was actually the very first map that got me into PW and RPing so I was very happy to see it again, I had no idea it was called normandy.  The person that gave it to me had it on their server when it was up and he said he had permission.  No I will not give his name but everyone knows him.  I don't want him to get *****ed at.

So yet again, sorry avenger, Sorry yet again I have one of your maps. 

We are in a real bind while we finish a new map or two.  I know you hate avalon and see us as a competition server but we aren't we are trying to create a new fun environment for PW, and I like nexus, and respect you guys. 

I know you are gonna demand we take the map down since someone already said something, but yet again, it was sent to me by someone who used it on their server without issue.

As I said, we are in a real bind map wise, and I had no idea you made normandy, yet again you made a fantastic map, I consider you the best mapper around at the moment. 

Please don't get pissed off at everyone admiring your work.  I know you are going to call me a map thief and be pissed.  I have to listen to the demand of the players this time and take full wrath and responsibility.  It is my duty to make the players happy, I can't make them suffer anymore, I have to give them what they want even if I get flamed and *****ed at.

You are a great scener, one of the greatest, you have full credit and respect from us.  As I said once again, I did not deliberately "steal" your map, it was given by someone you gave permission to.

As uncool it may seem to you, we are sorry if you get pissed.  I will pay you back for this, you can take what you please from me / I will make it up to you I promise. 

As I said I see nexus as a different environment, and if we work together, instead of bicker we can bring more players into the community which would mean both communities would have plenty of players, and an alternative place to play which is how PW should be.  I propose a way for us to work together instead of against each other, to make the mod even greater, friendlier for new players. 

We should help not only each other, but the mod in general, by being friends and forming a partnership so the PW community can grow entirely, and so everyone will be happy and have thriving communities. 

I will share everything I make with you guys open source, and help you every step of the way.  I'm a pretty fine scener myself.  I'm in it for PW, the community, and the Mod. 

Lets stop with the bickering and illusion of competition, and work together as a community, to better the mod, and show everyone in the warband community that Persistent World is the best mod, with the best community.  There is no reason why everyone cannot thrive and have fun!

p.s. I miss talking to S0mebody, I hope he is enjoying his stay in america, and I look forward to him being active again when he gets some free time. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom