Kinda wishing for Floris Exp.Mod v2.55 (with Bkspace Fix )

Users who are viewing this thread

Subitai

Knight at Arms
I've always wanted to try Floris Expanded Pack MOD...been a lurker for a long time.

I just read it's no longer under development, Very Sad to hear that  :sad: !!

If nothing else, could one of the smart people at least combine the last version 2.54 with the Backspace Bug Fix to have one final all inclusive version 2.55?  I'm still playing with WB version 1.153 btw.

I'd gladly pay via (pay pal) to any of the guys:  " Duh, monnikje or Windyplains " (or whomever is appropriate)...if they wanted to send me a link privately to download a playable version?  Pending Verification it works to a playable degree...I know nothing is Bug free. :smile:

Or perhaps you could create an account exclusively for Floris development.

I don't wish to undermine the public nature or to dis-honor the great work that all the contributors have added to this mod.  I just feel that if I were willing to buy ($30 or $40 USD?) a game at "Best Buy" for example...then i'd also be willing to pay for a chance to play an awesome WB mod. 

My feelings are that WB and all it's cool mods have given me multiple YRS of enjoyment and I feel it's worth it.

I'm a Fan of all the MOD makers and I appreciate all their hard work..."O"

Wait..

Having noticed "Windyplains" Signature for "SilverStag"... has everyone just switched over to that?

Yeah...the vacation joke about the WSE loader... yeah...kinda scares me.

Subitai said:
Having noticed "Windyplains" Signature for "SilverStag"... has everyone just switched over to that?
I don't think most have, though I hope most have at least given it a try as most of the projected Floris 2.6 features were instead created in Silverstag.

25+k downloads and no one's fallen victim to me yet.  You're probably safe.

All of that said I'll look into releasing an updated Floris 2.55 that includes the backspace fix.  I've never been happy with leaving the project in its current state, but I simply couldn't maintain both and Silverstag held more interest in pursuing when development came to an end.  No, it won't cost a thing, but it also won't have a fancy installer.  I'll simply build a version for each and put them up as downloads.  I can't promise that's going to happen right away though as I only just returned to Silverstag's development, but I will get it done.  Instead of rushing something out I'd rather toss in a few more bug fixes and minor adjustments.

Edit: If there is any other glaring issues that you feel need to be fixed now would be the time to add them in this thread.

I'm waiting for Silverstag to develop a bit more. But I do intend to do submods for Silverstag just as I have for Floris. :grin: I just don't have the free time to do both, which I guess is a common thing amongst modders. I already invested too much time into my submods for Floris, and even if there's some unfinished things in Floris, it's definitely playable and still quite fun, so I don't see the need to abandon playing Floris just like that.

I'm waiting for CD key in classic Warband format so I can actually run a game with WSE :grin: But I'll definitely give it a try...one day :grin:
(currently I'm bit busy for such things; I just don't want to let it interrupt my studies)

Leifdin said:
I'm waiting for CD key in classic Warband format so I can actually run a game with WSE :grin: But I'll definitely give it a try...one day :grin:
(currently I'm bit busy for such things; I just don't want to let it interrupt my studies)
From the Silverstag FAQ:

2.  My CD key from steam isn't working on a non-steam copy!
Problem - I installed a fresh copy of the game from taleworlds.com, but when I start it up I get asked for a serial number and my 5x5 number isn't accepted.  Where can I get a 4x4 one?

Solution - Visit the taleworlds site to obtain a new 4x4 key using your old 5x5 one.  Read about this hereGet a new key here.

This is assuming you have a 5x5 key vs. 4x4 one.

Windyplains said:
Subitai said:
I don't think most have, though I hope most have at least given it a try as most of the projected Floris 2.6 features were instead created in Silverstag.

25+k downloads and no one's fallen victim to me yet.  You're probably safe.

All of that said I'll look into releasing an updated Floris 2.55 that includes the backspace fix.  I've never been happy with leaving the project in its current state, but I simply couldn't maintain both and Silverstag held more interest in pursuing when development came to an end.  No, it won't cost a thing, but it also won't have a fancy installer.  I'll simply build a version for each and put them up as downloads.  I can't promise that's going to happen right away though as I only just returned to Silverstag's development, but I will get it done.  Instead of rushing something out I'd rather toss in a few more bug fixes and minor adjustments.

Edit: If there is any other glaring issues that you feel need to be fixed now would be the time to add them in this thread.

Greatest Gratitude to you Windyplains

There will be much rejoicing!  Also know that my offer was sincere in consideration of all your hard work.

P.S.  I say this jokingly...so does that mean that you could get into peoples Banking Passwords and such...but that you don't because your just a NICE GUY?  :grin:

Never mind, best not to answer that...unless you want to.  :razz:

Subitai said:
P.S.  I say this jokingly...so does that mean that you could get into peoples Banking Passwords and such...but that you don't because your just a NICE GUY?  :grin:
No.  WSE doesn't grant access to that kind of thing in any way.  It was entirely intended as humor.

Windyplains said:
Leifdin said:
From the Silverstag FAQ:

2.  My CD key from steam isn't working on a non-steam copy!
Problem - I installed a fresh copy of the game from taleworlds.com, but when I start it up I get asked for a serial number and my 5x5 number isn't accepted.  Where can I get a 4x4 one?

Solution - Visit the taleworlds site to obtain a new 4x4 key using your old 5x5 one.  Read about this hereGet a new key here.

This is assuming you have a 5x5 key vs. 4x4 one.

Thanks! I missed this one!(probably).

Anyway, I've lost my password for Talewords(and already sent mail to support). But don't you happen to know how to recover it?

Never fear about the bksp patch issue!

[quote author=Windyplains ]

[/quote]

BUMP to remind all the guys about your last sentence.... :oops:

bows :wink:

Windyplains said:
I take it you need an account password?  I'm not sure how to recover it from their site.  Oh and the link has changed it seems.  I updated it in the original post as well.

Just in case that someone is lost as me and finds this, it really is forum account. I didn't realize this because of server error-as soon as I entered correct account data I got an error. Now it's OK.

Subitai said:
Never fear about the bksp patch issue!

[quote author=Windyplains ]

BUMP to remind all the guys about your last sentence.... :oops:

bows :wink:
[/quote]

:lol: Windy and me just talked about nobody giving any further feedback. Cheers.

Other ideas we discussed (not promising these) are
- fixing some errors on the report presentations (afaik all are non-consequential)
- adding bandit heroes (on/off) or possibly even (det. strength) to the mod options

Edith: The amount of typos in this post was near critical mass.

I have only been playing Floris for 2-3 weeks now, I am in the middle of my campaign, and I am thrilled with it.

One thing I noticed that may or may not be a bug, is that Nord I6 Skutilsveinr and I7 Aetheling are not using their spears when ordered to brace polearms. I don't know if you guys designed them for that purpose, but I4 and I5 tier troops in that particular branch do brace their spears as polearms, so I think it might be a... "bug" ? Or is it that they were never designed to serve the pikemen role in the first place ?

I hope you guys get the time to polish out (although the mod is extremely polished already) some of the issues, even if just for closure purposes :smile:

Duh said:
:lol: Windy and me just talked about nobody giving any further feedback. Cheers.

Other ideas we discussed (not promising these) are
- fixing some errors on the report presentations (afaik all are non-consequential)
- adding bandit heroes (on/off) or possibly even (det. strength) to the mod options

Edith: The amount of typos in this post was near critical mass.

An on/off option would be a bit drastic, since we do want them, but even if they are low strength, the problem stems from the fact that they are followed by thousands of normal bandits creating super-blobs. And we also want bandits to spawn, just not in superblobs. It is tedious business to say the least, trying to break up their blobs and reduce them before taking out the bandit hero every time - very costly as well when it comes to desert bandits with their damned black khergit knights. The main problem though is that they decimate AI lords or if they are lucky, they get to become superlords after defeating a stray bandit party of 50 that carries 500 prisoners with them.

I think the best way would be to just make bandit heroes capturable like normal AI lords. This way the player can throw them in a dungeon thus gaining some time without them and once they eventually escape, the player can make a mental note and go looking for them after a month or so before they become overpowered again.

Subitai said:
Bump... :oops:  even if for closure :oops: :oops:
Never fear.  This is still on my worklist and I've been collecting the things I want to see get repaired over at Silverstag's development site.  With illnesses passing through the family and work I just haven't had much time and inclination for modding of late (even for Silverstag).  I would expect a release time around New Years though.

2.55 Progress (it ate 2.54a)

Floris%20Mod%20Options%201.jpg

Floris%20Mod%20Options%202.jpg

Edit:
So I've run into a bit of trouble in determining if this next update will be save compatible or not.  I used a copy of 2.54 from our download and then updated it with the 2.54a updates as well as 2.55's.  So theoretically it should be save compatible.  Yet the version we had in the dropbox from over a year ago definitely has a number of non-save compatible changes.  If someone wants to host a save game for me using 2.54a to download it'd be appreciated.  Otherwise I'll upload 2.55 this evening as a "possibly not save compatible" update until feedback tells me otherwise.  I have not personally been using Floris for long enough that my own save files are long since gone.

Back
Top Bottom