New Question: Fraps Quitting

Users who are viewing this thread

Michadr

Grandmaster Knight
So recently my sound card blew (built in) so i added a new one. The problem is, this has caused nothing but trouble. It works, but everytime i use Google Chrome, for some odd reason (and i have no idea why) it mutes the browser sounds, so everytime i want to watch a video, say on you-tube, i have to go to my sound setting and unmute the chrome sound. Does anybody have a clue what is going on?
It only happens with this browser, everything else works fine.

Anyway, so i don't open a new thread, I have a different question.
i am using fraps to record, and when i try to record it records for about 2 minutes and just stops recording. What am i doing wrong? Are there setting that i have to have so this doesn't happen?
Modify message

Well I did put in a new sound card, and it seemed pretty tricky getting it too work. There were 6 sound drivers available, so i disabled the 5 that didn't work.
ancalimon said:
Did you completely disable the onboard sound from your bios?
My onboard sound is completely kaput, and yes i think i disabled it.

Maybe you are using a driver that is not 100% compatible with your sound card.  What's model of your sound card? We need the complete name.

Or maybe there is a specific setting that you need to change for your sound card?

ancalimon said:
Maybe you are using a driver that is not 100% compatible with your sound card.  What's model of your sound card? We need the complete name.

Or maybe there is a specific setting that you need to change for your sound card?
It's doesn't have a model :/ it's second hand and well... ****ty. I think i shall just leave it be because I simply can't find any drivers for it, and it must be obsolete or something.

I have tried all the settings...  :cry:

Anyway, so i don't open a new thread, I have a different question.
i am using fraps to record, and when i try to record it records for about 2 minutes and just stops recording. What am i doing wrong? Are there setting that i have to have so this doesn't happen?

Fraps makes a new file every 4gb unless you check the box to make just one file. Run as admin, that may allow it to write the other files. Other possibilities... I think the trial version has a max recording time(?)

Fehnor said:
Fraps makes a new file every 4gb unless you check the box to make just one file. Run as admin, that may allow it to write the other files. Other possibilities... I think the trial version has a max recording time(?)
Ahh Crap, you are right. I just tested it, and after 30 seconds it reached it's limit :/
So looked it up, and the trial has the 30 second limit... just great.

Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom