Weapon Proficencies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Serann

Master Knight
Sooooo... because I am a huge nerd, I checked for the units' stats in the troop editor and got some confusing results.

Apparently, the Uruk-hai Berserker has 250 proficency with archery.

Wait, what?

The editor is pretty old, did something change or are the proficencies not balanced yet? Because I also noticed that nobody has any points in firearms.

(On a side note: if there are issues with balancing, I might be able to help out a bit, if help is wanted, doesn't take a genious to use the troop editor, but it does require quite some time, I figure)

I would like to call this topic back into to life to, once again, offer my help at balancing the proficencies.
Last time I was suddenly completely forgotten at the last stage it seems, but that won't keep me down.

The factions in the most dire need of balancing are the LOTR factions, because it seems that due to a faulty troop editor, the proficencies were swapped out and they are the most played faction in the mod (I already wrote about this in the suggestion topic)

Serann said:
- The proficencies have apparently been accidently swapped, so Legolas has bow prof 60, making him a slow and inaccurate archer, ironically, Gimli would kick his ass, with bow proficency 260
- The wizards have powerthrow 0, despite relying on throwing weapons and suffer from swapped proficencies as well

So, if you send me the most current troops file, I would love to quickly swap the stats out again, it's not going to take much time, I still have the log with everything I changed lying around somewhere.

Serann said:
I would like to call this topic back into to life to, once again, offer my help at balancing the proficencies.
Last time I was suddenly completely forgotten at the last stage it seems, but that won't keep me down.

The factions in the most dire need of balancing are the LOTR factions, because it seems that due to a faulty troop editor, the proficencies were swapped out and they are the most played faction in the mod (I already wrote about this in the suggestion topic)

Serann said:
- The proficencies have apparently been accidently swapped, so Legolas has bow prof 60, making him a slow and inaccurate archer, ironically, Gimli would kick his ass, with bow proficency 260
- The wizards have powerthrow 0, despite relying on throwing weapons and suffer from swapped proficencies as well

So, if you send me the most current troops file, I would love to quickly swap the stats out again, it's not going to take much time, I still have the log with everything I changed lying around somewhere.

Download v0117 troops text file here and see what you can do, I don't think a troop editor was used in the troop codes just regular coding.

Great, thanks! I will be done by tonight, just so that you can back get to work as soon as you want to.

Excuse the double post, but here it is: http://www.sendspace.com/file/zy1fn1

Changes:
- All swapped proficencies in the LOTR factions have been swapped back
- Wizards have powerthrow 3 now, though the low damage of fireballs and the low stacks of lightning keep them balanced, compared to other ranged characters (Just don't let a Lossarnach get a stack of fireballs)
- Speaking of Lossarnach, they are now very lethal with twohanded weapons, as well as throwing weapons, but I took their power draw and bow proficency away (since they are obviously not an archer class)
- Added Power Draw 3 to every archer who had none, like Gondor Archer and Rohan Archer
- Legolas and the rest of the elves are now as lethal with the bow as first intended, while remaining squishy in close combat.

Sidenote:
I made the gladiators from the Rome faction a little stronger, since they were just as strong as legioneers, but got much worse equipment, hope that's cool, but I didn't know who to ask, when put on the spot.

(Did I mention that I love balancing stuff?)

Serann said:
Excuse the double post, but here it is: http://www.sendspace.com/file/zy1fn1

Changes:
- All swapped proficencies in the LOTR factions have been swapped back
- Wizards have powerthrow 3 now, though the low damage of fireballs and the low stacks of lightning keep them balanced, compared to other ranged characters (Just don't let a Lossarnach get a stack of fireballs)
- Speaking of Lossarnach, they are now very lethal with twohanded weapons, as well as throwing weapons, but I took their power draw and bow proficency away (since they are obviously not an archer class)
- Added Power Draw 3 to every archer who had none, like Gondor Archer and Rohan Archer
- Legolas and the rest of the elves are now as lethal with the bow as first intended, while remaining squishy in close combat.

Sidenote:
I made the gladiators from the Rome faction a little stronger, since they were just as strong as legioneers, but got much worse equipment, hope that's cool, but I didn't know who to ask, when put on the spot.
excellent now to find a time to test it. The troop codes were a bit ahem rushed

It's understandable, there are over 4000 troop types in FI2.

Also, I would love to help more, if you ever don't feel like balancing stuff out yourself, in the future.

****, I almost forgot: I gave the "7 years war" guys and the "Zulu Brits" 100 Firearm proficency, so that they can reload faster and fire at least somewhat accurate.

Back
Top Bottom