Well, that went badly.

Users who are viewing this thread

13 Spider Bloody Chain

Grandmaster Knight
http://stcharlesjournal.stltoday.com/news/sj2tn20071110-1111stc_pokin_1.ii1.txt

In a nutshell: Girl finds a "hot boy" on myspace, turns out "hot boy" was a group of adult pranksters (including one teenage daughter of theirs). Said group of pranksters ****ed with the girl's head and emotions, and eventually, the girl self-terminates.

After a bit of investigating, it turns out that the pranksters were neighbors who lived pretty much across the street...

So now, the girl's dead, the father's a mess, and the mother is trying to get a divorce. The pranksters never had charges held against them.

Any thoughts? Is this injustice? Or utter stupidity on the parents' fault?

I think her parents should taken behind the chemical shed and shot. 5 1/2 inches tall and 175 POUNDS! :?:

If your kids will to live is dependent on her Myspace account you have done ****ed up parenting.

They are lucky the parents dont want to ruin them. A civil lawsuit would financially break those crazy people.  Few adult jurors would condone this kind of nonsense from a fellow adult.

Sounds like it was everybodys fualt in that situation, not just one person really.

Of course a bunch of adults pranking a 13 year old girl, how idiotic, but her parents obviously didn't know how to raise her, and she was stupid enough to ditch a buddy of her and make her life revolve around myspace of all places.

it was the girl's fault. its not the site's fault. i could make a site that says: "you are a worthless fat dumb loser go slit your throat and then jump out of the third story window"\if you do it, there is something wrong with you. you can't rely on someone to look after you, you need to take responsibility

Myspace has disclaimers:

"If you are a female, and hot, prepare to get harassed."

She wasn't hot though, so the harassing was fake...

Wasn't exactly over MySpace though, it was over being bullied by everyone on it. Suicide over bullying is common, it's not like she just shot herself over a bad picture comment.

Redcoat, if she can't handle being bullied on the internet, what makes you think she can handle the real world?

She's the person that would cause more problems than good, and really, as bad as it is for someone to die, it's not exactly a loss for humanity, it's just another sub-human being cleansed.

Voutare said:
Redcoat, if she can't handle being bullied on the internet, what makes you think she can handle the real world?

She's the person that would cause more problems than good, and really, as bad as it is for someone to die, it's not exactly a loss for humanity, it's just another sub-human being cleansed.
+1

Voutare said:

What on earth? Jesus christ, Godwin's law but hey Hitler...
No one is ever, EVER, sub-human. Just because you see someone as inferior to you does not mean they are, we're all humans but with slight differences in thinking. What's to stop me saying your emotional capacity is sub-human? Get out the soap because you're about to get cleansed.
There's no difference between being bullied in real life and on the internet. Chances are most of her friends would have seen the bulletins and so the humiliation is there. She was obviously unstable to begin with.
Who are you to judge what's good for humanity? How do you know she wouldn't have made something of her life later on?

Also, the prank wasn't even ****ing funny, "LOL UR FAT N GAY!!!".
*Bu dum dosh*

As much as I can't help but pity her, someone who would kill themselves over some text they read over the internet doesn't strike me as the sort who would last long anyway. She simply did for herself what the world would have done for her anyway.

Well I can see by this I'll end up arguing against the entire forum but oh well *charge!*

Just a bit of text is the same as just a bit of sounds. There's no difference between words read and words spoken. Ok you lose the intimation factor but that's not the case here. As I've said, suicide over bullying is common, so I don't see how the girl is to be put at fault.

Redcoat - Mic said:
Well I can see by this I'll end up arguing against the entire forum but oh well *charge!*

Just a bit of text is the same as just a bit of sounds. There's no difference between words read and words spoken. Ok you lose the intimation factor but that's not the case here. As I've said, suicide over bullying is common, so I don't see how the girl is to be put at fault.

Text is way different than in the flesh *Pushes Redcoat into a wall*.

Redcoat - Mic said:
Also, the prank wasn't even ****ing funny, "LOL UR FAT N GAY!!!".

LOL pwnd that girl. man, she was so totally owned she went out and pwnd herself.

anyway

its a bit odd that the people who did it now go and sue that guy for damages, if i were them i'd be happy their was no attempt to pwn me back and be happy that only my table was damaged and not me

Tarrantmw said:
Redcoat - Mic said:

Text is way different than in the flesh *Pushes Redcoat into a wall*.

Not particularly, we're not talking about force in this case (which I assume the push was for, bastard), just humiliation and name calling which is very easy to do with text, especially where everyone can see it.

Back
Top Bottom