Hunting question.

Users who are viewing this thread

xMrCrowx

Regular
I have taken a profession of hunter from the butcher and i have been for hours running around the map looking for animals to hunt and wasnt able to find any..Any help on how and where to start hunting would be appreciated.

xMrCrowx said:
I have taken a profession of hunter from the butcher and i have been for hours running around the map looking for animals to hunt and wasnt able to find any..Any help on how and where to start hunting would be appreciated.
To be a hunter is not child's play; you must roam the map for days, and even months, chasing small and fast herds. Pay's good, though.

I usually find 3-5 herds roaming around the North-West of France -Coasts of Nomandy, West of Caen-; the England Isle -North-West of London-, as well as Ireland.. if it's not infested by raiders already; and the Balkans -all around Constantinople-. That varies of course, and a lot, but I believe most herds are found there because those places are the edges of the map, and herds get stuck there when running from the player's party - even when not being chased by him.

Now, I'd suggest you to either improve your Tracking, Path-finding and Spotting Skills, or hiring a Companion with said skills; you must be fast to be able to chase the herds, and you'll need some room in your inventory to store the flesh you'll obtain. A good rifle and pistol come in handy (melee weapons won't do anything), as well as a fast horse (any horse will do, actually).

Remember that you must deliver the flesh you obtained to the butcher you got the job from; he is the only, and only, butcher that'll accept the items. That means you can't get too far from the city the butcher is in - though you can also sell the flesh at the marketplace, if I'm not mistaken.

Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom