Crash ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasany

Recruit
Hello

First of all i want to thank you guys for making a aswome mod and using your time !
I really wanna play this game but it seems like i crash middle of the battle

I always start using cheats to explore the game and the content befor i play it without, just to be sure bugs are not there and its playable..

seems like i crash in every battles.. its just lag a bit, and then crash.. everything else smoothly..

The normal native is working fine ?
And i have tried other mods like anno 6 month ago and worked fine ( just downloaded warband again)

It gives me a C++ error where it says run time somthing somthing xD?

Hope some of you can help, thanks

I had the same issue yesterday. When i went into Dx7 it worked for me

Actually it has begun crashing again....

Settings?

Warband settings? can ou be more specifik mate, and i will give you the respond you need :smile:

I really did a big reseach on the forum  but just could not find the problem.. it works completely fine with native but this mod it wont work, going to try other mods if it works.

I can play but in middle of a battle it lag and crash... I almost cry... i wanna try this aswome mod xD

Corresponding shader of VGA and the game? RAM? Load texture on Demand? Force single threading? Vsync? I mean I don't know sometimes it's just warband itself being a *****. It's not the first time someone crashed in the middle of the battle. I did crashed alot playing PoP and even native warband before. But right now, I have been playing Perisno perfectly fine without a single crash.

@ op
The mod works fine without crashing, it just pushes the boundaries a bit with regards to textures, sound etc. , just like some other mods, but as python, the language used to write the mod, is a bit unforgiving (to be non technical), it can cease to function during the game, and present a RGL log to help identify the cause.
It happens a lot in some large expansive mods, and some work may need to be done to discover why your particular machine spits the game out. The fact that it will play native is because it does not push the boundaries as much as some of the big mods, like this one.
When you first start Warband, before selecting a mod, it allows you to "configure" Warband. There are not many options there, but you will see "force single threading" (i think that is the exact text). It is put there for a reason, that is because Pyhton is a bit old, and can have problems when running on multiple cores, so make sure this is ticked if you have multiple cores. Textures on demand is another one to help with lower spec machines.
So
1) What are those settings, i.e. which boxes are ticked
2) You say you like using cheats to check the game out. What cheats are you using? battle size etc.
3) What sort of machine are you running this on? Ram CPU graphics, will it run in Dx7 (selected in game when the mod is active).
4) Try disabiing sound, my machine does not like playing some large Warband mods with my Soundblaster XFI enabled, I have to play using the motherboard onboard sound, just an example of how finicky the game can be.

If you prefer not to enlighten us with such details, why not search for guides to help people with this problem, there are a number, usually at the start of the mod, (I think one was put at the start of 1776), if not still there, pick any big mod and a search, that should give you a guide.
Last, this is a great mod in the making, worth taking the trouble to explore why it will not run on your box, but that is up to you, there is not much more help I can give  :cool:

Yozzer said:
@ op
The mod works fine without crashing, it just pushes the boundaries a bit with regards to textures, sound etc. , just like some other mods, but as python, the language used to write the mod, is a bit unforgiving (to be non technical), it can cease to function during the game, and present a RGL log to help identify the cause.
It happens a lot in some large expansive mods, and some work may need to be done to discover why your particular machine spits the game out. The fact that it will play native is because it does not push the boundaries as much as some of the big mods, like this one.
When you first start Warband, before selecting a mod, it allows you to "configure" Warband. There are not many options there, but you will see "force single threading" (i think that is the exact text). It is put there for a reason, that is because Pyhton is a bit old, and has can have problems when running on multiple cores, so make sure this is ticked if you have multiple cores. Textures on demand is another one to help with lower spec machines.
So
1) What are those settings, i.e. which boxes are ticked
2) You say you like using cheats to check the game out. What cheats are you using? battle size etc.
3) What sort of machine are you running this on? Ram CPU graphics, will it run in Dx7 (selected in game when the mod is active).
4) Try disabiing sound, my machine does not like playing some large Warband mods with my Soundblaster XFI enabled, I have to play using the motherboard onboard sound, just an example of how finicky the game can be.

If you prefer not to enlighten us with such details, why not search for guides to help people with this problem, there are a number, usually at the start of the mod, (I think one was put at the start of 1776), if not still there, pick any big mod and a search, that should give you a guide.
Last, this is a great mod in the making, worth taking the trouble to explore why it will not run on your box, but that is up to you, there is not much more help I can give  :cool:
Yozzer, i thank for this. I may use this "guide" for future problems if you don't mind.

Well mine doesnt crash as much only rarely now, tweaked a few things. But when i do crash its because i just clicked on someone like a lord or party of some sort and about to go into talking screen, then crash but no error message now :grin:

_Cooper_ said:
Well mine doesnt crash as much only rarely now, tweaked a few things. But when i do crash its because i just clicked on someone like a lord or party of some sort and about to go into talking screen, then crash but no error message now :grin:
Yeah those crashes are common for me in any mod.

Hm, never happened in other mods for me. But the crashes are becoming less frequent i am just saving often so its happy fun times from now on

I play PoP, Brytenwalda and Floris occasionally and almost never get a crash like once every 24 hours of play.

I am happy to report I have never had a crash in Perisno with graphics settings maxed and a 540 Battle sizer, even when running Fraps in the background.  This mod is super stable.  All it wants is a strong computer  :twisted:

MelanieWard said:
I am happy to report I have never had a crash in Perisno with graphics settings maxed and a 540 Battle sizer, even when running Fraps in the background.  This mod is super stable.  All it wants is a strong computer  :twisted:
haha... if everyone had a pc like yours :wink:

Yozzer said:
@Michadr

That would be great, really glad if it helps  :grin:
thanks man :smile:

Yozzer said:
@ op

Do you mean to disable sound in the configuration (when you start warband)? I tried it and played about 2 hours without crashing. Have tried many things and still it crashed like after 15-45 minutes. So this seems to work, but now without sound! So how do you play using the motherboard onboard sound?

Asura said:
Yozzer said:
@ op

Do you mean to disable sound in the configuration (when you start warband)? I tried it and played about 2 hours without crashing. Have tried many things and still it crashed like after 15-45 minutes. So this seems to work, but now without sound! So how do you play using the motherboard onboard sound?
no no :smile: not the warband sound. I meant lower the sounds settings in control panel >> sound settings.
If you cannot figure out how I'll post a tutorial in the bug thread. Check out the bug thread's OP, there are a few things that you can try to eliminate the crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom