Post ideas of factions here

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umar Al-Zaif said:

The Syrin Nomads
The Syrin nomads are migrating from their homeland, called the Aelston Desert. After living in their home for hundreds of years, the desert became uninhabitable. Some say the Gods themselves were the cause of this. The entire nation had to migrate, and so they did. After traveling through vast and cruel deserts, the situation was becoming hopeless, until one day, they chanced upon a settlement. The people there said they were ruled by the "Draharans." The Syrins, lead by Queen Zolona, decided that it would become the perfect home for them. So began the war between the Draharan nation and the Syrin nomads, in the year 365. The war goes on still, and now Zolona ravages the Draharan countryside, angry for her failures attacking the Draharan castle. It is up to the player to eliminate this threat.
Syrin Troops
-Zolona Honor Guard
-Syrin Nomad

here the Zann description (hopefully you will understand why i said we got asian faction):

ZANN DYNASTY Circa 360 Perisno Time...
The Emperor Zann is a bastard child of the god emperor Shang Jin, who had been the uniter and conqueror
of the wild steppes of Khergia, the massive tribes of Sine and the reclusive but powerful island people of Shun-Ha.
The bastard launched a campaign against his father approximately half way into the new era.
Five cycles later has him fighting a losing war against a father he underestimated.
Hearing of the constant infighting of the land over the sea, he decides his last and only option is to retreat into
Perisno, conquering as he goes.
In order to prevent this, Shang Jin sends one of his Black Warriors (his nephew Shi Jin) to warn the Perisnoan
Kingdoms of the threat.
Zann stays behind with a core group of generals to loot what he can from Nadire before departing. He will appear
one month after the rest of the Imperial Army, for surely that is all the time it will take to conquer Perisno, he thinks.
The Jin Empire followed Zann after they invaded Perisno, deciding they needed to rid their enemy once and for all.
This means two invasions, although the Jin Empire is concentrated only on destroying the Zann. They will bring their
war from Khergia, Sine, and Shun-Ha to a new front in Perisno while the other factions, powerless and weak as they
are, can only watch. The player is the only one that can help the Jin stop the Zann, or, if he chooses to, stop both.
The Zann Empire's armies are a hybrid of Mongolian/Japanese/Chinese style troops. They have formidable archers,
strong horse archers and intimidating infantry. They lack very heavy cavalry but that is their only flaw - they are
balanced on all other points. The player will find their style of fighting very different from the average Perisno army
and this may be either a good or a bad thing.

+ in the furture it will also be the Jin Empire faction - also asian based...

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,285057.0.html (i think not all is up to date atm might be wrong - we shall see after 0.7 is released)

ps: looking forward to the Realm of the Falcon

and as Joshua said, i`m reffering from the Perisno mod point of view, and not political/ethnical point of view , the later in which i have not the slightest interest since no mater what race/religion/ethny u are, money & power are the universal truth

No, that is not completely up to date, and it will take a while. But the troops trees won't take to long to update once we get near the release.
The lore might change some, but I have started writing a book but it's still in the very early stages, so there will be a lot of in depth lore and stories before the year 365.

makmix said:
I honestly should have worked on the Kreigstein Duchy so much more, but I didn't have the time....  I'm a bit sad to be frank, but hell if you guys are willing to salvage it, you lads can have at it with my faction idea.  Change it up, make new troops, whatever you guys developing the mod want, go ahead.  Been to busy to really build on it and as you can tell, I haven't been active in a LONG while...  Just felt like lettin you lads know before I forget to say what I needed to say.
That is totally alright. We just want to give the fans a chance in creating something along the way, and if you don't finish it well, it might not go to waste.

Hello! We may not need any more ideas for Perisno factions any more, (although you can feel free to suggest some) but I am in need of a faction idea for a different project of mine!

This faction inhabits a crater with a texture that looks somewhat like the surface of Mars. It has one town and 3 villages. The rest is up to you. Also, it can't be dwarven. That's already been suggested and denied.

The Dark Robin said:
Hello! We may not need any more ideas for Perisno factions any more, (although you can feel free to suggest some) but I am in need of a faction idea for a different project of mine!

This faction inhabits a crater with a texture that looks somewhat like the surface of Mars. It has one town and 3 villages. The rest is up to you. Also, it can't be dwarven. That's already been suggested and denied.

What about...Martian? :razz:
(sorry, i know that wasn't any help, i just couldn't resist)

I would like there to be some offshoot of the Valahir that are giants. In the ACOK mod, Gregor Clegane is much larger than the average npc. I think a culture of people in Perisno that are large like this would be really cool. These are just some ideas that I have for the faction.

Name: The Jotun Clan

Faction leader: Ragnarok Bearsblood

I don't have any ideas for troop tree names but I would like to see them as users of spears(both one and two handed varieties, axes, and mauls. A ranged troop tree using longbows would also be good. I think it would be important for them to have more primitive looking weapons as the culture wouldn't be very developed. They would be an outcasted group from the Valahir after they came to Perisno or maybe they could be an outcast sect of the volheere. They would mainly wear fur but some of their high tier troops could wear some type of battered chainmail. I believe the armor worn by the sea raiders in floris would be suitable. This would not provide much protection for the Jotun, but if they had very high strength, this would add to their health enough to compensate for it. After all, giants should be able to take a lot of hits.

Joshua Ryde said:

I'm open to the idea of Aliens, but you'll need to get it a bit more fleshed out than that. I would also prefer the faction wasn't actually from Mars, because the mod is set in a different universe than ours.

The Dark Robin said:
Joshua Ryde said:

I'm open to the idea of Aliens, but you'll need to get it a bit more fleshed out than that. I would also prefer the faction wasn't actually from Mars, because the mod is set in a different universe than ours.

how about something like the Harmony faction from Endless Space, ofc diff name, but they seem to fit your area...

they are basically, space rock beings that were "touched" by "Dust"( - nano machine thingys that had random effects on all things they came in contact with), and that fragmented the Rock Beings (being) from 1 huge conglomerate into individual parts, all self aware, own mind etc etc, and due to that fact they lost their link with the Center of the Universe, and they will forever be doomed to a life of endless silence.
and for that fact the Harmony wage a cleansing war against the "Dust" and all it "Touched", meaning in that game universe they attack anything that has Dust,  because they see Planets and other Factions as Touched or Clean, hense the "Great Clensing War".

hope this helped a bit.

oh, btw in thaat game the Harmony are shaped somewhat like Humanoids, quite Thin, but no face/eyes/mouth more like rocky texture everywhere  :smile:

So after the arguments cool down, I will go ahead and give my point of view about the topic.

In Perisno, as Michadr initially intended, all factions are based on the lore. Perisno originally is a very empty continent, with the only native to speak of as the Drahara living off the desert and steppe. Because of that, it's safe to say that the Drahara is a crossroad of the Nomad and desert Arabian.
The Hakkon however, is an advanced empire faction that has been forced to build castles out in the desert.It's like a byzantine culture however.
Tolrania is what you can see, a typical medieval Europe kingdom.
Redwood is well, Redwood.
Drachen is the unique faction, based on a medieval Europe culture heavily influenced by its religion, a unique one where ACTUAL beings are worshiped. (Dragons)
Maccavia is a more modern society, where you can see the first tier of troop is already called Maccavian Freeman, suggesting that its emphasize on human's right, but then create an internal conflict between the two religious factions.
Volhere is the typical barbaric Sea travelling, Scandinavian faction.

Zann is a lesser faction, of the bastard of the Jin faction. Both resembles each other in the sense that it's from a continent of complete domination of 1 single entity, the Jin Dynasty. It's also suggested that even though there are differences in culture, religion, tradition, however Jin Dynasty managed to control all the continent, uniting it. So, you can see the best of East Asian in them.

In summary, factions in Perisno are not based on actual cultures, but on different intake on: Origins, Religion, Region.

Abot said:
Cretas Commonwealth

Faction Leader: King Aolas

Faction Troops: A very heavily defensive faction, with high-quality shields and spear infantry

Infantry: Most or all spears/one handed polearms, with very high-quality shields to help balance the powerful Redwoods and the Reis de Drache.

Cavalry: A fairly poor selection of low quality cav (this will be a foot-based faction). Any cavalry they would have should probably not be shock/lancer cav and instead armed with swords to help support their infantry fight sword infantry.

Archers: Average/good quality archers to make up for the lack of mobility. Better than average archery skills while somewhat lacking in melee and self-defense.

Faction Lore: The Cretas Commonwealth is a monarchy lead by King Aolas. After two long and arduous wars against the Redwoods and the Reis de Drache, a set of military changes called the Sciathan Reforms were put into place. These reforms emphasized the role of spearmen and heavy armor and shields for protection against the Redwood Rangers and the Dragoners.

This will be used, albeit with heavy lore changes by me.

Ptolemaic Empire (Provisional name)

Faction Leader: Ptolomeus IV

Faction Troops: Medium infantry, A good Heavy cavalry and a good support of archers and some auxiliary troops (Like elephants or some light cavalry)

Infantry: The infantry will have short swords and javelins, other infantry will have short spears, and other will have long spears[/list]

Archers: Very good archers, with a buckler and a short sword for defense

Cavalry: A excelent Heavy cavalry

Lore: The Ptolemaic Empire have a long and prestigius history, they have fight a long time ago with the drahara nation, but they enter in a truce. They start to expand to to east and conquer some minor kingdoms

Sorry for the english and the short lore :/

I think Umar Al-zaif was talking about Uyghur Khanate

The Uyghur Khaganate, or, Uyghur Empire or Uighur Khaganate or Toquz Oghuz Country was a Turkic empire[3] that existed for about a century between the mid 8th and 9th centuries. They were a tribal confederation under the Orkhon Uyghur, a calque of the name Toquz Oghuz.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uyghur_Khaganate

I suggest a minor  fraction tribe of Pferdedieb (Horsethief). They live in the desert Drahara. They move only on foot. They are equipped with light armor, throwing stones and long sticks. They hurl dexterously  stones. They have a high skill athletics. They attack the caravans Drahary, to steal horses as food. They support the Emir Qalavun.

Minor

The Ali'kari, a system of tribes who live along a system of oasis and the great Ali'kari river in the southern desert, they believe that once long ago they were united by a great foreigner who held great inspiration and power by the tribes but was cut down by Assassins before the promised golden age of the came to them. The Ali'kari swore revenge on the dwarves who they thought cut down their leader.

The tribes all remain independent, only uniting once the re-incarnation of the great uniter makes him or herself known to the tribes by once again uniting. They are bitter enemies of the sand walkers and the Dwarves.

The general idea is for this faction is to feature a questline where you re-unite the tribes, find the lost city of the Ali'kari and burial site of the great uniter and lead the Ali'kari to victory against their sworn rivals.

A faction that would invade late-game or already exists and would try to "cleanse" the lands of Perisno. They could be a faction that wears all-white gear. Something that looks like Bleach's Sternritters. Though I'm not sure if that kind of coat would fit in Perisno's time period. Maybe this faction could be something from the future or something "holy". If you guys like the idea and decide to use them as very late-game invaders, maybe you could make them extremely op since by that time most factions would have already been wiped out and its mostly just you and a number of leftover factions. None of them is mounted but they are extremely agile.

A minor, barbarian faction in the North would be fun. They could be based around Sami/Native American culture, ride wolves (Or perhaps Elk?) and revere nature. They would be constantly feuding with the advanced Maccavians, and any other "Civilized" folk that come through their territory. Maybe even a character that lets you recruit their troops if you prove yourself a friend of the People?

A sort of all-reaching spy/assassin guild would be neat. More for fluff than anything else, they wouldn't have roaming parties, but a shady character could take up residence in various courts and taverns around the continent, selling the player maps and spy troops/assassins.

I would love to see a faction focused on mages. Perhaps similar to the Aes Sedai in the Wheel of Time series, it could be a faction dominated by magically-inclined women, who are protected by highly skilled, heavily armored Wardens, who wield enchanted two-handed swords. They wouldn't have an actual town, but perhaps an "Outpost" like the Zann has (Call it the "School" or something) where you can interact with them, as well as having small roaming parties with a witch or two, and their wardens. The magic would need to be heavily limited, though. It could be treated like grenades in other mods, and be very accurate and long ranged, but with very low ammo, only one or two.  Powerful, but unless you can use it decisively at the right moment, useless.

The Dwarves need a good, racial enemy. Perhaps some sort of one-eyed, pale, amphibious cave dwellers who use stone weapons, but are bigger than humans. They could throw large, head-sized rocks and wield big clubs and spears, and would roam around in Dwarven territory.

Well so far as mages, you probably should check out Phantasy Calradia mod, but it's not OSP so it's not something easily spliced in (or for that matter available for love or money to us).
I'd say we're all pretty busy atm so we don't really have bandwidth to re-create the wheel.  I did play pen and paper AD&D back in college,
which would be hmmm '79-80-ish, but it isn't Perisno as it stands today.  We don't even have firearms, let alone magic.  Yet.

Ask again next year; when all the flaming bugs are quiet and .80 is more or less finished.  I'd reckon that'd be after semester finals for much of the team
and really I don't know their schedules or how many things they have cooking.  I just know my time looks busy the next week to two...

Faction Name: Zimeyske Pzymierze
Faction Leader : Zagvin Kleovsky
Titles : Tsar [King] Pan [Lord]
Pretender : Anton Kenavid
Faction Troops:
                                                                                                Zimeyski Berserker -> Tsarovski Zimeyski Berserker
                                                                                              /
                              Zimeyski Wojskovy -> Zimeyski Druzynnik -> Zimeyski Vazhkyy Druzynnik -> Tsarovski Druzynnik
                            /
                          /                                                                          / Zimeyski Lancjer ->  Tsarovski Lancjer
Zimeyski Sluzbita                                  Zimeyski Zwiadowca Kinny 
                          \                              /                                          \ Zimeyski Luchnyk Kinny -> Tsarovski Luchnyk Kinny
                            Zimeyski Zwiadowca
                                                          \
                                                            Zimeyski Luchnyk -> Zimeyski Dosvicheny Luchnyk -> Tsarowzka Straz Luchnykova
General Info & Lore: WIP

Basically siberian nomads

I'll tell you what, if you make the troops, (the actual troop code) I will add it as a minor faction.

["cretas_recruit", "Cretasan Rabble", "Cretasan Rabble", tf_guarantee_armor|tf_guarantee_helmet, 0, 0, fac_kingdom_12, [itm_club,itm_spiked_club,itm_tab_shield_round_a,itm_cleaver,itm_wrapping_boots,itm_rus_shoes,itm_pelt_coat,itm_red_tunic,itm_ao_linh2_n,itm_leather_warrior_cap,itm_padded_coif,itm_leather_gloves],  str_8|agi_8|int_6|cha_4|level(4), wpex(75,75,50,75,50,50), knows_athletics_1|knows_power_strike_2|knows_shield_2|knows_riding_1, swadian_face_younger_1, swadian_face_middle_2],

There's some troop code for you, see if you can translate that to making new troops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom