Post ideas of factions here

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also when posting ideas, make sure they are unique, and have a valid place on the map. Factions that are different and have very well thought out lore that actually fits the Perisno theme will get more attention. Making the faction templates like this> http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,287568.msg7006080.html#msg7006080
and this
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,287568.msg7028153.html#msg7028153

helps a lot too. But that should only be done if the idea is liked or accepted, to avoid unnecessary work :wink:

Alfredthegreat said:
though it seems to me like there are too many Western European factions already
maybe i should change the kingdom of typeria into a more russian/byzantine type faction

What would be the difference betweeen Russian or European?
To me, Russian just implies a more advanced stage as it wasn't "Russia" before the settings of M&B: Fire and Sword...
More cavalry? no infantry...?

Joshua Ryde said:
Alfredthegreat said:
though it seems to me like there are too many Western European factions already
maybe i should change the kingdom of typeria into a more russian/byzantine type faction

What would be the difference betweeen Russian or European?
To me, Russian just implies a more advanced stage as it wasn't "Russia" before the settings of M&B: Fire and Sword...
More cavalry? no infantry...?

pretty much most European cultures are somewhat similar in  the timeline when Russia was a crountry.

you should try Cossacks games (except Cossacks 2) and see about how the Kingdoms were (those games have one of the best Historycal Lore about everything from troops to historycal battles, i have ever seen)

also in those times the Rus people were kinda mixed with assians, like the Tatars (those basterds sure pillaged my country alot in those times  :lol:)

now just let put this here:
More middle eastern and north african factions.
Also more east asian cultures! There is a big lack for east asian cultures. I've seen like one mod with east asian cultures and that's only because that was what the mod was about.

Umar Al-Zaif said:
now just let put this here:
More middle eastern and north african factions.
Also more east asian cultures! There is a big lack for east asian cultures. I've seen like one mod with east asian cultures and that's only because that was what the mod was about.

2 factions with asian traits (one is already implemented, 2nd will most likely be in 0.7)

tip: the one implemented apears after 100+ days in game (If i recall)

Alex the Seeker said:

oh  :oops:

I was talking about east asian cultures here. But maybe I should talk less and sit down and read more. uh...

Umar Al-Zaif said:
Alex the Seeker said:

oh  :oops:

I was talking about east asian cultures here. But maybe I should talk less and sit down and read more. uh...

They are a non-playable faction called the Zann.
THey invade after ~100 days i believe and they are a pain in the ass.
Personally, i don't think they are a very "asian" race as they seem to have 1) samurai in black armor 2) archers on horses.
I personally would prefer an entirely different faction based on the chinese/mongolians based on a whole variety.
But then that is just me - i don't like the "we are all wearing total black armor" look and i don't think there is enough variety.
But they are still a cool addition to the game; if a NEW faction were to be made i would like it as described.
Thanks and keep it going.

can i ask what does "East Asian" means? o.o, the most eastern would be the Japanese o.o (i think, unless there is some isolated island with asians on it beyond japan)

mongolians were mainly horsemen, mostly archers.
then come the chinese  which were the most versatile i suppose.

i`m pretty sure asians are not divided into east and west  :???:

Alex the Seeker said:
can i ask what does "East Asian" means? o.o, the most eastern would be the Japanese o.o (i think, unless there is some isolated island with asians on it beyond japan)

mongolians were mainly horsemen, mostly archers.
then come the chinese  which were the most versatile i suppose.

i`m pretty sure asians are not divided into east and west  :???:
West Asia would be the middle east... Also there is central asia and those people aren't chinese or japanese at all.
Asia is a big continent and not everyone is the same. Even in one country can be many folks.
I... I don't know what you expected.

Alex the Seeker said:
yes but they are not that different like the differece between Native Americans and Europeans -.-

So you gonna tell me,that (for example) Arabs,Turkmens,Tamils,Uyghurs,Hans and Huis are all the same,as they life all on Asia?

Umar Al-Zaif said:
Alex the Seeker said:
yes but they are not that different like the differece between Native Americans and Europeans -.-

So you gonna tell me,that (for example) Arabs,Turkmens,Tamils,Uyghurs,Hans and Huis are all the same,as they life all on Asia?

Arabs,Turkmens i get those 2 ar Arabs and Turks

Uyghurs if this means Hungarians then i welcome ya to check the map, they are at Romanias borders = Europe

Tamils, Hans and Huis i have no ideea what those are.

plus when someone mentions Asia(Asian cultures), most if not all people will think of China, Japan, Mongols, Philipines, Korreans.

also you are going way too deep, you don`t expect in Perisno fantasy universe to fit all the Ancient Civilisations of our World o.o

also for middle-eastern faction i point you towards : Drahara.

Umar Al-Zaif said:
Alex the Seeker said:

I think Alex was referring to the depth and variety of what their factions would be like militarily, as oppose to the current world of different nationalities.
As in, 15th century Europe with heavy mail knights and swordsmen weren't exactly the same as the Aztec empire around that time (or whichever empire it was in South America), but to my knowledge, the armies and militaries of Asia were far more similar. THe middle east wasn't really many countries due to a lack of borders. Around the time of Saladin, it was all "one big country." As for Asia, i think he was slightly generalising to make the point that although countries are not the same, there is/was not enough seperate style/technique/armies to create seperate factions.
i.e. you couldn't have an "egyptian" base faction and a "saudi arabian" based faction in Perisno - they would be identical.
Similarly, you could not have a "Chinese" based faction and a "nepalese" or "mongolian" or "Korean" or whichever country.
I think what you have said is a very inaccurate and highly exaggerated interpretation of what he is saying as QUITE CLEARLY he is not saying that North Sri Lankan people are the same as Arabs from the Middle East. That is just a stupid idea.
This is not a political post, it is about Perisno. Screw your "perisno-thinking cap" on and think about what people are talking about and how it actually relates to the post itself as oppose to someone potentially being racist to 4 billion people.
Thanks if you read that long rant :smile:

p.s. good answer Alex.

Alex the Seeker said:
Umar Al-Zaif said:
Alex the Seeker said:

Arabs,Turkmens i get those 2 ar Arabs and Turks

Uyghurs if this means Hungarians then i welcome ya to check the map, they are at Romanias borders = Europe

Tamils, Hans and Huis i have no ideea what those are.

plus when someone mentions Asia(Asian cultures), most if not all people will think of China, Japan, Mongols, Philipines, Korreans.

also you are going way too deep, you don`t expect in Perisno fantasy universe to fit all the Ancient Civilisations of our World o.o

also for middle-eastern faction i point you towards : Drahara.
Uyghurs are a mostly muslim folk in China. Tamils live in Sri Lanka and in parts of India,as one of the many folks there. Hans and Huis are also two of many folks of china. I would "welcome ya to check the map",as you would word it.
Also I know,that this was going to deep. It was simply a exaggerated example,to show that Asian cultures are in fact different.
And as you could read in my post before,I said >more< factions. They could also be minor factions for example.
After all,it was just a idea and it is the job of the modder to implement it or not.

Also you are generalizing. But w/e.

Joshua Ryde said:
Umar Al-Zaif said:
Alex the Seeker said:

I think Alex was referring to the depth and variety of what their factions would be like militarily, as oppose to the current world of different nationalities.
As in, 15th century Europe with heavy mail knights and swordsmen weren't exactly the same as the Aztec empire around that time (or whichever empire it was in South America), but to my knowledge, the armies and militaries of Asia were far more similar. THe middle east wasn't really many countries due to a lack of borders. Around the time of Saladin, it was all "one big country." As for Asia, i think he was slightly generalising to make the point that although countries are not the same, there is/was not enough seperate style/technique/armies to create seperate factions.
i.e. you couldn't have an "egyptian" base faction and a "saudi arabian" based faction in Perisno - they would be identical.
Similarly, you could not have a "Chinese" based faction and a "nepalese" or "mongolian" or "Korean" or whichever country.
I think what you have said is a very inaccurate and highly exaggerated interpretation of what he is saying as QUITE CLEARLY he is not saying that North Sri Lankan people are the same as Arabs from the Middle East. That is just a stupid idea.
This is not a political post, it is about Perisno. Screw your "perisno-thinking cap" on and think about what people are talking about and how it actually relates to the post itself as oppose to someone potentially being racist to 4 billion people.
Thanks if you read that long rant :smile:

p.s. good answer Alex.

As you see I read your post and first of all I want to thank you for writing that all out.
I completely understand your point,that factions based on similar cultures would end up as quite the same ingame. But I still have to disagree with you in some points. For example were Mongolian and Chinese culture and military quite different. Same goes for Persian,Arabian and Maghrebi culture and military. Although the Arabs copied many military tactics from the Romans (/Byzantine Empire) and the Persians (ca. 630 - 680) they was still always different. It would sure be interesting to have a mod with such diversity!
But then again,this is Persino. I TOTALLY agree with you in that point,that all that wouldn't fit in there. But Persino is one of the mods that comes with a big offer of factions. Since we already have Darhara and Hakkon,two factions which are orientated at maghrebi - middle eastern - central Asian cultures it might be interesting to have some minor factions beneath them. Maybe one of the desert tribes that didn't want to get under Darharan banner and does their thing? It could be similar to the Red/Blue elves situation,if you get what I mean. But idk,this would be the job of the modders to work that out IF they wanted to use this idea.
I also would like to point out,how more asian-based factions would fit in,but I still haven't encountered the Zann and...yea. I don't want to talk about things,that might be already there.
Also,as I now mentioned,what I wrote before was a exaggerated example just to show,that there is actually a quite big variety.

And now I think it is my turn to thank you,if you read all that  :grin:

*Snip above * (too much to quote from)
I read all of your comment. In turn, thank YOU for writing such a detailed answer.
I will admit that i don't know about the intricate details or subtleties of the Middle Eastern-Asian armies, whichever period they may be from. It is clear that you have a far more impressive knowledge in that area.
As for the minor factions, it could be quite a nice idea to have more - i personally love the minor factions addition from Perisno and PoP - once again, only if people and the developers were able to come up with a different enough faction for it to be viable.
"Also,as I now mentioned,what I wrote before was a exaggerated example just to show,that there is actually a quite big variety. " - okay. I think i misunderstood the message and did not grasp that is was a deliberate exaggeration for emphasis. My apologies.

I would thank you for reading this far, but i feel as if the joke may get a bit out of control. :razz:
Thanks

I honestly should have worked on the Kreigstein Duchy so much more, but I didn't have the time....  I'm a bit sad to be frank, but hell if you guys are willing to salvage it, you lads can have at it with my faction idea.  Change it up, make new troops, whatever you guys developing the mod want, go ahead.  Been to busy to really build on it and as you can tell, I haven't been active in a LONG while...  Just felt like lettin you lads know before I forget to say what I needed to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom