Post ideas of factions here

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michadr said:
Their homeland is not quite finished. I was thinking maybe they will live in a raised like mountain terrain (which would not be the dessert just beside it), or in the corner enclosed by mountains with 1 or 2 entries guarded by
Castles. The rest will be based on Katsuki's idea.

Okay, no problem, I will not work on the map again then. Could you tell me how many towns/castles would be implemented for the dwarves ?
I will try to do some screenshots of the units as well, but without model, it would be very hard.  :???:
But that is not a promblem, because I love challenge  :cool:

Katsuki said:
Michadr said:
Their homeland is not quite finished. I was thinking maybe they will live in a raised like mountain terrain (which would not be the dessert just beside it), or in the corner enclosed by mountains with 1 or 2 entries guarded by
Castles. The rest will be based on Katsuki's idea.

Okay, no problem, I will not work on the map again then. Could you tell me how many towns/castles would be implemented for the dwarves ?
I will try to do some screenshots of the units as well, but without model, it would be very hard.  :???:
But that is not a promblem, because I love challenge  :cool:
I think it will be the smallest faction, so maybe 1 town, 3-4 castles 6-7 villages or so. Unfortunately the models are not ready yet since this faction wasn't even planned for 0.7 originally :wink: but if figured since I am working on the races now I should get them all at once. Ill pm you with whatever you shall need as soon as we have it.

I need ideas for the criminal gangs and subsequent troop trees of every town in Perisno. Start posting now.

The Dark Robin said:
I need ideas for the criminal gangs and subsequent troop trees of every town in Perisno. Start posting now.
OOOOH, what is this you are talking about? Criminal gangs?!
Can you fill in the gaps or direct me to the appropriate page, i must have missed it.
Thanks

This is the appropriate page. Tell me about the troops of the criminal underworld of the town of ________. If you could make the module system codes for those troops as well that would be good too, so I can focus on more important coding.

The feature is in it's infancy, I do not want to share my wishlist for fear of your disappointment.

If you make a bandit faction, please make the troops of the faction as well. Here is a tutorial on creating troops: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,273734.0.html

Make sure they are balanced though. Just post the code here along with your idea.

Please read devs or mods. Sorry if its really long thanks for reading it though.

Faction Name : [size=14pt][size=12pt]Magna Turba Luporum[/size][/size] (The Great Pack of Wolves or A large number of wolves)

Joke Faction Leader: Robb Stark or Eddard Stark

Faction Leader: Canis Dirus (Dire Wolf), Note: If you choose this faction, please make the lords' names the different species of wolves. Example: Canis Lupus (Gray Wolf),etc.

Faction Troops:
The troops of this faction will mostly look try to look like wolves. Also, the units should be quick and have a lot of points in athletics.The early units would have leather armor with little fur then progressing into better leather armor with more fur progressing into studded leather armor with a lot of fur while only a few units will have metal armor with a wolf design on the chest and fur on the shoulders.
The infantry of this faction will use claws, The claws should be the fastest weapons and should be a little stronger than the average weapon but it is restricted because of its very low weapon reach (You have to be in fist fight range).
The Archers would be throwing wolf-head projectiles at their enemies while using a small but fast fang knife. The Noble Troops will be the only Cavalry, They will ride wolves or armored wolves into battle and will use fang or claw looking short swords.
The Mercenaries should be men who look like werewolves with slow but more powerful claws with a higher weapon reach

Troop Tree
Note: Change the names of most of of the troops they are terrible :smile: and add what you like

Peasant Troop tree
Wolf pups-->Wolflings-->Wolf footmen-->Wolf warriors-->Wolf Men-->Wolf Valiants

--> Wolf skirmisher-->Wolf Heavy Skirmisher-->Wolf Headhunters

Mercenary Troop
The WereBerserkers or something

Noble Troop Tree
Wolf Squires-->Wolf Lords
                    -->Beta Wolf

Special Npc only Troops
Wolf Guard(Some info in lore, Very good at defeating enemies and they can ride wolves, 5 of them can beat 50 of the most elite units of any faction, they are this good because there are only a few of them and they can only be 50 at a time because they are so strong)
Wolves(Please add some into the Wolf Guard Parties)

Faction Lore
In the ancient times of the old Perisnoan Empire and even before that, there lived a great species of wolves,The Rune Wolves, They were said to be as big as a horse and some even bigger. They had mystical runes on their bodies that complemented the color of their fur and gave them mysterious powers of stealth,invisibility,great speed and strength,making illusions, etc. They were said to be strong, stronger than a dozen healthy adults. Most men knew not to mess with these great wolves but a lord and his small band of 40 warriors did not heed the advice of the wise, they went on a trip to the nearby forest named The Wolfwoods because of the amount of wolves there. When they were deep inside the Wolfwoods, they were attacked by pack of Rune Wolves. They were able to repel to first attack of the wolves with only minor injuries but when they tried to escape the woods they found out that they could not get away from the forest, and then another attack came, and another attack everyday for 3 weeks. On the First day of the 4th week, they were all tired and exhausted and injured, but suddenly they felt reinvigorated and felt a strange power flow through their veins and they saw the pack of wolves that had attacked them and suddenly they heard a voice. "You have passed the Trials of The Great Wolves of these woods. We, the Rune Wolves bestow upon you great abilities and powers such as the the ability to talk to animals and also, you have been given great speed and more.You have also been allowed to ride some of us and our kin into battle. You and your bloodline will have these powers, all 41 one of you and also your children"
Those were the very first Alpha Wolf Lords, and Wolf Lords, and Beta Wolves. After that event, the 41 established the Magna Turba Luporum and their children became the Original Wolf Knights. Their kingdom was spread out in the land, with most of the towns and castles in the Wolfwoods and their kingdom flourished.

Many years have passed since the Dawn of The first Wolf Lords. Most of their towns and castles are gone or abandoned, many of the men are gone save some villagers, The great Rune Wolves extinct, and the Orginal Wolf Knights gone.
But, the Great Canis Dirus was able to gather the remaining strength of the Great Pack. He has found the Dire Wolves and they agreed to be their mounts and partners and are treated as equals. He has made the Wolf Guard, an elite group of men with armored wolves, metal armor, and quick long swords dedicated to defending the Great Forest and its interests as well as the interests of the Magna Turba Luporum. He has also revived the Wolf Knights to serve as patrols of the Great Pack's lands but some of the others that were to be recruited were already led astray by Lupus' Fake Wolf Knights. Canis Dirus learned that Remus survived the ordeal and is searching for him since they(Lupus,Remus, and Canis Dirus)are descended from the lord that led his army into the Wolfwoods. Also, Canis Dirus searches for Remus so that he can become leader of the Wolf Guard and Commander of the Wolf Knights.

Will Canis Dirus and Remus be able to stop Lupus and unite Perisno or will Lupus take all that is dear to them and destroy what his bloodline had made.

Notes: All of the men are descended from the original 41 even the peasants and are mostly treated as equals.
Lupus will be the claimant but under his rule everything will go to hell and he can take castles on his own.
The Magna Turba Luporum respects power so all castles and towns you conquer will be yours and it will be like you are controlling your own kingdom(all features) but it has more benefits like support when sieged and caravans. (Hopefully this could be implemented)
Thanks a lot for reading this and hopefully it could be added.

Perisno faction idea

-------------------------------- Nazhbûrg --------------------------------
Overview: They are orcs with really good hevy infantry, average archers and good cav. They have two cities

Lore: The orcs first came down the mountains and building settlements. As they were rapdily expanding they needed more land. So they sent patrols looking for appropriate land for expansion. As they explored they stumbled upon a dwarf fortress as soon as they soon saw the fort they wnet back to their capital (Nazhdul) and reported this to their warlord. So the warlord assembeled the orc army of orc berserkers, raiders, skirmishers, archers and so forth. As they approached the fort  the dwarves so the their ripped banners approaching. A dwarf guard said "halt" then he soon got shot by an orc arrow. So the dwarves crossbowmen went on the walls. the infantry to the gates and so the orcs and dwarves have been at war ever since.

Troop tree

--->Orc Raider--->Dark orc rider--->Mounted berserker
                                              |
Orc peasant--->Orc levy--->Orc Infantry---> Orc Hevy warrior---> Elite berserkers
                          |
                          --->Orc skirmishers--->Orc Hunter--->Orc Heavy archers

Location:A bit north of the dwarven area make the have a few castles and villages since they lost a lot in the war.

Feel free to leave your opinions and suggetions to this faction

Kingdom of Typeria
Race: Human
Ruler: King Edwin the great
Vassal: Earl
Western european style
Strength: Good heavy infantry, wonderful heavy cavalry, crossbow good at close combat, big shields for most troops good against archers
Weakness: crossbow bad at range, worst crossbowmen, no anti cav infantry, leaving them vulnerable to cav charge.
Lore: Typeria settlers settled on the shore of perisno after a famine started in their lands and lasted for decades, once a great nation became a kingdom wondering around fight for land. they have great cavalry, good infantry, their crossbowmen once were the best in all of the world but their best died from the famine,with only mediocre trainers they started to teach the crossbowmen more about melee and equiped  them with heavier armor, typeria has some of the best armored units, with their shining plate armor, their low tier troops are better armored than most and all troops are shielded,(except the heavy swordsmen, Zweilhander, and dopplesodner) their heavy infantry and crossbowmen have pavise shields.
Troop tree

typerian cavalry- typerian squire- typerian chevalier- typerian cheavalier banneret                                               
                                              |
                    Typerian militia--| typerian footman-| typerian swordman- typerian Shieldman- typerian sergeant
                      |                                                    |
Typerian Peasant---|                                              --typerian zweilander-  typerian swordmaster
                      |                                                                                      Typerian heavy swordmen
                      typerian militia crossbowmen- typerian crossbowmen- typerian marksman- typerian master crossbowmen

nobles: Typeria has a noble troop tree, the typerian guard, is a decent shielded infantrymen, which upgrades to the lancer, a cavalry, or a zweilhander, a infantry with a giant 2 handed zweilanders, which can deliever heavy damage but leaves them exposed to archers

Typerian guard- typerian lancer
                        typerian dupplesodner

Really nice idea if i'm honest.
Although it sounds similar to a Maccavian faction (which is in the game - strong infantry with shields and heavy crossbowmen) except ALSO with heavy knights.
The LORE is sersiously nice; well done on that :smile:
Personally, i feel as if it is too similar to the Maccavian faction and wouldn't have enough variation.
Also, it sounds as if they don't really have a weakspot(?) Do they have archers? Spearmen? Axemen?
But on the whole, a nice idea.

carlo626 said:
-------------------------------- Nazhbûrg --------------------------------

Feel free to leave your opinions and suggetions to this faction

I like it, but I'm not sure if we have the 3d models necessary to do scenes for Orcish cities, TLD doesn't have enough in my opinion. Can you make some scene props for this idea, and possibly one of the scenes? If so, it's quite possible for us to implement it in 0.8.

Same goes for you Alfredthegreat, if you can do some work toward making your faction a reality we might accept it, though it seems to me like there are too many Western European factions already.

To both of you, (and pretty much everyone submitting ideas) new factions should really only have one town and one or two castles, so keep that in mind.

Would be good.

In any case- can you make a scene for your faction's town? If so, it drastically improves the chances of us accepting your faction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom