[Guide] Guide to Perisno.

Users who are viewing this thread

habeo123

Sergeant Knight
HI everyone, I'm habeo, in charged of Perisno game testing. That's why I'm confident that what I posted below will help you one way or another, but is not required to enjoy the game in your own way.

A BASIC LOOK AT THE CONCEPT OF THE MOD

Perisno is a hard mod for new players of Warband, but by no mean a hard mod at all. Perisno is very slow progress, and that's more realistic than having a kingdom after 100 days of being a good for nothing. However, there are certain shortcuts to it, but that's for you to figure out yourself. It is also intended that you will not be able to get high tier troops until later, because it's very hard to train them. All new companions, some of them with unique household troop when made vassal, some start with very good equipment but all need a very high price to hire.

As the new release of Perisno is coming out very soon at the end of Semtember, I figured it's good to make a simple guide to how you can start in the chaos of Perisno, and hopefully achieve something before getting frustrated by the sheer number of annoying things that can beat you on a regular basis. This guide is pointed toward new players but I believe it does not hurt to read if you're planning on playing hard mode with all hardest setting as well.

So without further nonsense TL;DR stuffs, here is my guide to Perisno which is also TL;DR but contains actual information.

GUIDE TO START AND PROGRESS IN PERISNO

• The first thing to do in Perisno is making a character. Perisno right now has the native options of creating new character, but bonus are more diverse.

For example, if you choose all the options to become a dedicated trader, you'll start with around 6 trading and 4 inventory management. Pretty hefty right? Furthermore you get some starting goods and about 1000 denars to start trading. But beware, for that means you have absolutely zero fighting prowess, and start with a quarterstaff for a melee weapon and may not be able to kill the guy in the beginning. But if you choose all the options to become a good fighter, you can get something like 6 power strike right from the start and a lance, plus a good armor. But your INT and CHA will suffer, and you get pretty much no party skill at all.

With that said, picking what you think is the best for you and just have fun role playing. As of the moment, we presented no other way to increase your stats other than already existed native books, so what you can achieve with a character is limited, and will hopefully stays that way in the future as well.
  • Now on to the playing part. You get options to start at the capital of each factions, all with distinct bandits to start killing. Start off with Robber, the equivalent of Looter in Native, these dude can kick some serious ass if you don't know what you are doing. Get a light crossbow, get on horse and start killing them is the best way to start. Invest in prisoner management to get some early income. Prisoner Management skill is reworked so there will be no more 5 prisoners/level anymore and 1 point in it will probably not be enough.
    The bandits in various starting places:
    Tolrania: Outlaw. These guys can pack a serious punch with crossbow, so be careful. They have decent armor so killing them early can give you some good money-gear. Good prisoner and sell for a lot.

Maccavia: Volheere Raider. These guys are pretty tough, with some throwing weapons and shield but is still fairly easy to kill. Regular party are easy but the larger one with lots of dudes will be quite hard.

Reich: Snowcrawler. These guy are easy, but be careful with party that have Snowwalker, Snowwalker has very good armor, can 1HKO most recruits and tier 2 with ease.

Drahara: Saccar Raider. These guys are just like steppe bandit, very hard to take on early in the game. Double sided lance, fast horse, bow, and the special Chieftain unit can cut down your guy in a flash.

Hakkon: Sandwalker. All of them, either have Jarids or bow, is hard to take on with recruits. The special unit Sandstalker throws daggers and can headshot you if not careful, but overall easier to take on.

Redwood: Runaway Prisoners. Probably the easiest bandit party to take on, the normal Slave prisoner is very weak, and the only thing to take notice is War Prisoner, but they don't spawn with many of them.
    It will be hard to take them on with purely recruits, but a few mercenary mixed in will help out a lot against them. Or do it the hard way, by grabbing a lance and start couching.
  • Milking the money out of Perisno. Be it a mercenary or a full pledged vassal, it's best to join a faction fast, as I will explain later.

The mod has this function called Coin flipping, where you coin flip with a tavern keeper on a bet, with 50/50 chance of winning or losing the bet. Once you've gotten a good amount of money, you can do coin flip and have some fun losing. Or do it like me and save scum before each flip to make sure you get the money. Money can be spent on hiring companions, hiring better merc, buying ultra super power gears and open enterprises.

Join a faction, you get the privilege of looting villages. Looting villages in Perisno brings you more fortune than anything else, and what's more, you can even move around while doing so! Seriously, once you've starting looting village, you'll not stop until your greedy belly is full of denars or all shops are out of denar. Stressing this again, LOOT. Don't play the honorable guy, war are not won by honorable guy!

With the release of 0.6 and the upcoming 0.7, many of the hostile spawns will be changed around, in term of power and variance. Because of that, it is crucial to make sure that your party is strong enough for each region, while you are venturing through the land of Perisno.
Below I summarize the danger level of each starting region in 0.6.

Tolrania: Moderately Dangerous, with various Outlaw parties, occasional Nibor Hood bandits, many Demon and Eagle party, and sometimes knights.

Redwood: Nightmare, with massive amount of Bluewoods, Amazons, Female Mercenary outlaw. All are highly trained in archery and can kill your army from distance.

Maccavia: Safe - Very dangerous. Maccavia only have Volhere Raiders but comes Day 100+, it will be swarming with Zann Vanguard, all high tier Zann troops with over 250 in number.

Hakkon: Dangerous. Occasional appearance of Third Legion, Preatorian small parties, Hakkon Inquisitor and sometimes stray Bluewood.

Drahara: Moderately Dangerous. Saccar Raider can be a nightmare to low level parties and the land near Uliastai is crowded with them.

Reich des Drachen: Moderately Dangerous. Although Snowcrawler is not dangerous, occasional Illica, Wolf Knight can be pesky.

I hope the above summary can support you in choosing your starting area or your adventure across Perisno.
So, that concluded the first part where you work your way toward making money and starting to build up your foundation.

Next part will be about troops, companions, equipment, and all the goodness of burn and butthurt you can find in Perisno.

Zonnows has written a guide on the wiki page of the mod. Please come check it out for yourself, you may find some of his personal information and opinions. Here is the link : Zonnows's Guide to Perisno

Here is the second part of the guide. In this part, I'll inform you about some basic rules when looking for items in the shop, what to fight and not to fight, how recruitment and making a good army is.

TROOPS AND MINOR SPAWN IN PERISNO
  • First of all, gearing up.

Assuming that you've succeeded making money, and carry around a fortune, it's time to think about using it. Generally you'd be looking for items with good modifier. Blunt damage is always optional and Perisno provided you with more than just a few maces. Many new maces, some are very good. Also, lots of morningstar for all the fan out there. But, item sold in shop with good modifier are often overpriced so it's essential to find the one that is not overpriced, be it with or without good modifier.

Perisno also has a new feature, called Mystic shop. You basically make a wild lottery and buy something with undefined modifier at normal price. If you're lucky, you can get some masterwork or lordly item, while if unlucky, get a crappy tattered or rusty one. This is a good way to get some good item at the lower price.
  • Building a real army.
    When you have a lot of money, a decent sized mercenary party that is confidently beating all bandit with few to no loss, it's time to think about building an actual army. Mercenaries are good, but not expendable and not suitable for fighting against lord's army. You'll cringe hard after losing some high tier merc.

Assuming you've had all the needed companions, gears and is heading toward fighting a faction head on, you need to think about the weakness of the faction you're fighting against. Perisno offers great distinction between factions, and all have their strengths and weaknesses.

For example, Redwood Nation is the only faction with every troop using bow. To fight them, you'll need massive load of cavalry to charge at them. But to fight a faction that relies heavily on cavalry like Reich des Drache, you need a good amount of spearmen to hold the charge. Or when you're dealing with the nasty infantry blob of Drahara infantry, a good archer line is a wise choice. Or maybe you can combine the strength of various factions to make a balanced army.

Like I said before, Perisno is not a place to rush things. You can't hope to achieve massive army of elite troops and steamroll everything. It's hard to get a top tier troop out so you will have to constantly making use of lower tier one, that will die eventually throughout the game. What army composition is entirely based on you, so this is just a heads up and information.
  • If you don't look out when travelling, expect to get butthurt and burn every now and then.

There are literally hundred of minor spawns lurking around Perisno, and some a VERY much of a nuisance. Parties like Demon Worshiper, various knights are all very fast. They consist of only a few to 10 at best, but is capable of wiping out 50 tier 3 troops if you do it wrong. Definitely keeping an eye out for where you're travelling, invest in travelling skills like spotting and pathfinding.

In all the past playthrough, I've been caught by those pesky knights for more than I can even remember, and often made their prisoner. So I advice you to refrain yourself from pressing ctrl+space while travelling, just to find yourself starting a new game 5 minutes after.

When you see something like a spawn of 80 Illica Hunter or 100 Foreign invader and you have a decent mercenary company, you'd expect to beat them. But hell no, those guy will massacre you if you take a wrong move. Don't underestimate anything.

The only good for beating spawn is the Desouk Slaver, those guys are weak, easy to kill and good for prisoner trading.

DO IT YOUR WAY

Just do it your way. You are not by any mean obliged to do what I've posted here in order to have fun playing the mod. But what I've posted is the generic outlines and tips so that you can have a more pleasant time playing it.

Well that's it for now. I will update this thread with more information, since I don't want to spoil it too much and let you guys figure things out.

#Note: The 2 quests may not have been put into 0.5 yet.
This little guide will be about the less noticeable features of Perisno (the current quests implemented, outposts, and all sorts of fun stuff). Read at your own risk. I strongly recommend you look for them yourself before you decide to read this but it's your choice.
Version: 0.5. (I will update this every time the quests are made and new versions released)  I will upload some screenshots too later. Essentially these are your guides for quests and reference for hard to find things (chests, etc). However, we'll leave the Easter Eggs to you :wink:
In the town of Voldeburg, you will meet an NPC troop called "Nodah" in the tavern. His entry point is a bit hard to find - he is upstairs, so look there and he will be standing there. Talk to him to get your first Illican quest: Raid the Voldeburg caravan. Nodah will tell you a little Illican history and his reasons for hating the Reich. Then, he will give you the quest -  raid the Voldeburg caravan. Note, the caravan is a part of the Reich faction, so they are hostile to everything the Reich is hostile to. It is not a good idea is start this quest when a siege army is outside the town or something like that because they will attack the Caravan and the quest will never be able be completed.

Nodah asks you to raid the Reich Caravan and take a the King's gold (don't try selling this, it is a quest item and therefore worth 0 aurums). Once you hand it to Nodah, the quest ends and you get a nice reward- yay! There is only one quest in version 0.5, but more will come :wink:
In the Redwood capital of Forniron, if you should visit the tavern, you will see someone who stands out. He is a Bluewood Elf, and he hates all Redwood Elves, as he should. Once you engage him to conversation he will tell you some Bluewood History and give you a quest. The quest will be to Conquer the capital of Forniron. If you are beginning, this quest will probably not be finished for a long time. Don't worry, there is no time limit. If you have the army and are already planning it, then well, what are you waiting for? Conquer Forniron and speak to the Bluewood Elf. He will give you a VERY nice bow for a reward and on top of that, a ton of experience and 100 relations with Bluewood Elves. He also gives you 50 Bluewood Nobles that join your party even if you do not have space (you can just deposit them in the garrison after all). The downside is that you get -1000 relations with Redwood Elves, but, that's not too bad, is it? :razz:
If you happen to wander near the outskirts of civilization, near the Maccavian lands, you might find a ton of Imperial Zann scouts. If you continue to venture deeper, you may even find 2 unique Zann spawns that lead fairly powerful armies. They are a force to be reckoned with, and do not engage without preparations. If you manage to defeat them or bypass them, you will be able to find the Zann Outpost. Inside the Zann Outpost you will see a bunch of NPCs standing around that look like they are having a conversation. Talk to them to see what they want. Another option is to talk to the Merchant from the menu. He will sell you a unique inventory, and you can choose what you want to buy - most are exotic Zann armor and weapons. You might find a horse merchant in the Fort as well who sells you regular horses. The main feature is talking to the Zann Fort Captain. He will let you recruit Zann Kamikaze Warriors for 1000 aurums (expensive, right?). They will be worth the money. However, there is only a limited amount of Kamikaze Warriors that can be hired. This is because not that many Zann soldiers want foreigners to hire them of course. After all, they are planning to invade Perisno! The Outpost has no custom scene yet and only uses the Fort scene from Lumos's OSP but we are planning to make them have custom scenes later.
If you wander near the coast of Tolrania you will find a Freelancer Outpost. The only thing you can do right now is talk to the leader, Augustus. He will tell you his story briefly and then you have a choice to hire Freelancer troops for 100 aurums each. They will be well worth it -especially the cavalry! They have 3 different troop trees and each can upgrade into strong units if you manage to train them to that high of a level.
To Be Continued ...

Are the 4 quests implemented yet?, do they only come into play on a certain time frame?, i may be missing something but i cant seem to find any of them.

The Illican Quest
Bluewood Quest
Zann Outpost i can find so no worries
And the Freelancer Outpost i can find, just the other two are eluding me.

Illican quest is implemented. You just have to find the guy that will give it.
Hint: he's a very unusual character in a tavern, near where Illican spawns.

habeo123 said:

TA!,

Im at work now playing in secret browser  :twisted: ill go check it out.

OMG i looked all day to find Nodah, still cant find him, looked in the Tavern in Voldeburg and not there, unless he is hiding somewhere lol.

Ill keep looking.

adalis said:
OMG i looked all day to find Nodah, still cant find him, looked in the Tavern in Voldeburg and not there, unless he is hiding somewhere lol.

Ill keep looking.

Hint:

Go upstairs.
If you can't find him there then maybe Mich forgot to include him in 0.5  :???:

adalis said:
Nope defernately not in the tavern anywhere, looked upstairs and tried to look out the windows as well, maybe the quest isnt in yet?

That's very strange... I'm 90% sure Mich put the quest in ... guess not. Well maybe you will have to wait until 0.6 then. It's not too bad, only 2 quests and in 0.6 there will be more.

habeo123 said:

I have found the guy, however when I talk to him he doesn't give me the quest, just some kind of silly dialogue opens up, with two options, in short; go someplace now or go someplace later, as if he already is in my party. No quest and he doesn't join my party, and the same thing happens with the Bluewood elf quest. Do these quests work for you? I run 0,52 version.

Back
Top Bottom