[BoP: Archives] Balance of Power Alt-1919:

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question. Why is it that I'm at the bottom of the list when I was the third or fourth person to sign up?

Can't wait to take control of Brazil once more.

Thane Delphi said:
I have a question. Why is it that I'm at the bottom of the list when I was the third or fourth person to sign up?
Alphabet order? I believe.

It really is only in the order of Great Powers at the top and then everyone else. The list doesn't even mean anything anyway.

.:The World Report:.
Highlight Summaries of the Year

5yBu2.jpg

The Third Way!
The new Doctrine of Fascism has become a major force in Italy. Benito Mussolini had founded a largely underground political party known as the 'Fasci d'Azione Rivoluzionaria' in late 1914, but it is only now gaining notoriety and attention as he leads an anti-communist movement in Italy, a country rapidly becoming enthralled with the government's steps towards communism. Demonstrations have already taken place in Rome, Venice, and Taranto, although none of these demonstrations have been violent.

Fascist_symbol.svg

The Russian Civil War!
The eyes of the world turn to Russia as the White Army, lead by former noble general Alekzander Kolchak, battles the Red Army lead by Leon Trotsky and Vladimir Lenin. The White army wish to restore in Russia a "golden monarchy" with fairness and justice for the people. The Red Army wants to impose a communist regime over the country lead by Vladimir Lenin and other members of the Communist Party.
The first 3 months of the war saw the White Army dig in defenses around cities and other strategic areas and were given orders to hold their ground. They were well-fed and well-provided for, and morale was high among men in the trenches. The Red Army and Whites dueled with artillery and air power during this time. No ground was seized by either side and casualties were mounting.
        March 16th of 1919 saw that change as the reds staged a massive offensive against the White positions. The Red Army sieged and captured the cities of Minsk and Kyiv, forcing the White Army to fall back.

DRC-M.png

uwrKq.jpg
        In the process, White Army troops in the North were faced with only light resistance, and the White Army generals staged a counter-offensive towards Petrograd. The offensive was successful and the city fell under White control in May of 1919.

P0Uj-.jpg
        The Red Army soon turned its attention east, as Red troops had managed to stage a successful coup in Vladivostok, but Ufa was still under White Control. The Red Army made an all-out assault against Ufa and the White army garrison, surrounded, undersupplied and isolated from the rest of Monarchist Russia surrendered after a relatively brief siege of two weeks. The Reds now control most of the East of Russia and the trans-siberian railroad. Failed attacks against the Crimea and the loss of Petrograd have hurt the Red forces, however, and the Whites now control the most industrialized part of Russia. Despite the Reds controlling more Russian territory, they are even more evenly matched than before, the whites gaining an important industrial base and logistic network.

Portuguese Civil and Colonial War!
Black militias and rebel groups have taken up arms against lawful Imperial Portuguese government in Angola and Mozambique, seemingly working in cohesion with the Monarchy of the North in Portugal, who have also risen up in mainland Portugal. Although the situation in Africa is, as the Portuguese minister of defense said, "easily negotiable provided no further unknown cirumstances" the war in mainland Portugal is looking bleak for the Portuguese government.
The Spanish army in neighboring Spain has taken precautions to move troops near the border, to ensure that the fighting stays in Portugal and does not spread into Spain inadvertently.
        In Africa, insurgents have fought in several minor skirmishes with the loyalist Portuguese army. The Portuguese superior air power, technology, and thus far, organization and numbers, has proven critical in Africa. In mainland Portugal, however, the situation is tense as the rebels have made progress towards Lisbon. In the event of a government overthrow the loyalist troops in Angola and Mozambique fighting in already poor conditions, jungle warfare and counter-insurgency, will face poor supply and funding.
        The government of Portugal is asking for help from its allies in preserving the Portuguese Empire.

Charles I & IV gives a ground-breaking speech!
Charles the Fourth of Austria has given a speech in Vienna, declaring a set of new acts and laws in the Austro-Hungarian empire with emphasis on the country's new respect for the rights of the worker, to education, and to giving equal rights for all cultures within the Empire, not just those of the German or Hungarian.

Battle in the Bosphorous!
        Turkish citizens in Istanbul today were awoken by the sound of heavy gunfire from naval guns and artillery. They could look out and see, with varying clarity, the battle between an Ethiopian convoy of heavily protected trade ships and a combined armada of Turkish, Canadian, and British ships.

Spain is now the United Kingdom of Spain after passing numerous laws and reforms regarding its colonies.

Chile is now the Incan Empire after Peru and Chile form a coalition government, and have declared war on Ecuador with the goal of taking land that is rightfully Incan.

The Mexican Empire starts construction of a new canal!

France and China have exchanged 99-year leases for ports, Zhanjiang and Granville, respectively. France has also acquired Taiwan.

Mongolia has been sold to the Soviet Union.

The 1920 Olympics will start this year, in Belgium.

The United States, Chile, and Argentina have formed a triangle alliance and trade agreement.

Benelux has formed, a charter signed by the governments of Belgium, Luxembourg, and the Netherlands declares their customs union, economic support of each other and a bunch of other conditions.

The United States has started construction of a wall along the entire border to Mexico, backed by an embargo. Wilson has declared that all Mexican ships will be searched without reason and any sign of hostility will be taken as such and the US will be the first to re-act.

Turkey has proclaimed the concept of a 'greater turkey' with the idea of uniting all peoples in the former Ottoman Empire under a greater Turkish republic.

The Death penalty has been abolished in Ethiopia.

Germany and Ethiopia have made a public military alliance.

Country cards will be distributed very soon.

Cards are out. If we ****ed up somewhere come to Pixel and ask him what happened.

Cool :grin:

One of your pictures is broke though.

And you mentioned the Granville Zhanjiahng twice

Thane Delphi said:
Cool :grin:

One of your pictures is broke though.

And you mentioned the Granville Zhanjiahng twice
He also mentioned Mongolia twice, but meh, whatever.

This attack on the Ethiopian convoy was unprovoked, unreasonable and clearly an intentional act of war. Germany is ready to stand by its ally, Ethiopia, and to fight alongside them if need be.

That turn report went perfectly for me! :grin: (my private turn report :wink:)

One question: Did my trade agreements go through? I think it was with China and Argentina. :smile:

Pimple_of_Pixels said:
Why, Germany of course! You made him pay so many tolls... :razz:

EDIT: The British tolls. Not yours.
:mad:

That being said, I may soon be enacting tolls myself. They may also be only applicable to a few nations...

Odyseuss said:
Pimple_of_Pixels said:
Why, Germany of course! You made him pay so many tolls... :razz:

EDIT: The British tolls. Not yours.
:mad:

That being said, I may soon be enacting tolls myself. They may also be only applicable to a few nations...
I however will not be charging a toll. In fact I wish to encourage in and around china.

Odyseuss said:

What do you mean "tolls"?

Tolls is on the highway when you need to stop and pay someone like 50 cents or something. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom