Rome at War - Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Q: I have trouble loading/playing the game with a 32 bits operating system, is there anything I can do ?
A:Here's a suggestion given by Falx for those suffering from using 32bit Operating System (OS) on RaW:
FALX said:
I also place a regular system crashes by 32 Win /
But when I did this operation on this site  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html  , then crashes been totally eliminated and everything is working fine.

if you are running as an Administrator go to Menu Start -> Run, type cmd and press ENTER
if not go to Menu Start -> Programs -> Accessories, press RMB on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator
in Command Prompt type "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2990" without quotes and press ENTER
reboot
Furthermore you could try using the Low resolution texture pack and avoid using the music pack as it is more demanding on your system.

Q: Which version of Warband do I need ?
A: 1.16x or more for Multiplayer since we are using operations introduced by the Viking Conquest patches, Singleplayer might work with slightly older versions.

Q: Will you add Corinthian helmets?
A: No, stop asking

Q: Will you add Imperial Rome
A: No, stop asking

Q: Will you add *faction*
A: We make no promises

Q: New patch/version when?
A: When it's done.

Q: Is the mod dead?
A: Almost.

Q: All the villages are empty and I can't recruit units, what can I do?
A: Every ~3 days villages produce new units and every ~10 days they send their troops to reinforce their associated town or castle emptying the recruitment pool until new units are produced, villages can also lose their troops if looted or being conquered. In a future update we'll try to improve this system so it's less likely to run into empty villages for all the factions at once. Celts have none currently due to an oversight.

Q: I can't seem to be able to upgrade troops, how does it work?
A: When you are part of a faction you can head up to a town or castle and select the barracks menu (if recruits are available) to re-train some of the lower tier units into the tier above them.

The list:
# Romani
Hastatus -> Loricatus Hastatus
Princeps -> Loricatus Princeps
Eques Equo Privato -> Eques Equo Publico

# Koinon Hellenon
Polítes Hoplítes -> Ékdromos
Hoplítes -> Epílektos Hoplítes
Hippakontistés -> Hippéus
Athenáios Éphēbos -> Athenáios Hoplítes
Boiōtós Polítes Hoplítes -> Boiōtós Hoplítes

# Makedonia
Sarisophóros -> Deuteros Phalangités
Deuteros Phalangités -> Pezhetairos Phalangités
Argyráspis Phalangités -> Agématos Argyráspis Phalangités
Hypaspistés -> Agématos Hypaspistés
Agématos Hypaspistés -> Basilikós Hypaspistés

# Safinim
Mistreis Hostatu -> Hostatu
Hostatu -> Supruis Hostatu
Pedú -> Pedú Ehtradeketsiúi
Ner -> Ner Valaemom
Verehia Mins -> Verehia Maimas

# Megale Hellas
Polítes Hoplítes -> Hoplítes
Hoplítes -> Epílektos Hoplítes

# Syrakousai
Polítes Hoplítes -> Hoplítes

# Epeiros
Sarisophóros -> Déuteros Phalangités
Déuteros Phalangités -> Pezhétairos Phalangités
Hippéus -> Xystophóros

# Rasna  
Veiane -> Venzile
Venzile -> Etera
Axunana -> Huzrna
Luvcatru -> Eprial Luvcatru
Athumic -> Ultna Athumic

Example:
VbVHV.jpg

This feature is still a work in progress and will likely be overhauled at some point.

Depends on what you are trying to achieve, appropriating yourself the mod's name and/or resources is not okay (like the one that made a dupe mod called RaW 3.0). You can do anything you want if it's for personal use though, if you wish to publish it, shoot a PM to one of the devs with the details about the submod.

is the recruitment system you have implemented in single player something your team made yourselves or is it an open source resource you got from somewhere else? also i loooove your overhead spear stab that finally makes bord'n'stick men useful in M&B

id kill to see both these things in so many mods that i play, if not in other open mods than at least for myself, if its not too much to ask :mrgreen:  annnd terribly sorry if this isn't the right place to ask such things, i'm about as new to this forum thing as can be  :oops:

The spear mechanics were based on Sahran's pack http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,233889.0.html with Cifre's overhead animation.
The recruitment code is not yet finished, I wouldn't release it as it is now, I left some bugs in 2.4 and I still want to expand the code, make it a bit more complex. I played Warrider (early M&B version) and I liked to go to the taverns and recruit troops through a menu from the tavern keeper, there were remnants of that code in Warband which I fixed and modified until it suited what I needed but I think there's still a long way to go.

oh?~ in that case i'll be waiting and watching patiently and with great interest to see what you do with the recruitment system.
never been a fan of the big troop tree system digivolving peasants into elite noblemen warriors and allowing them in mass way too easily

much obliged for the link as well, friend  :grin:

Yeah never been a fan of turning a peasant into a Sir Knight after a week because of basic training and making branched troops trees was out of question for a mod like this, having an army full of Centurions/Equites/Triarii out of peasants would make no sense due to the class separation of that time. Sure you can still do it now if you're really dedicated to that objective but that would take you a tremendous amount of time for little gain.

我是中国 said:
我很喜欢罗马,请问有汉化吗。={I like mone ,but my english is poor .so,have chinese?]

Unless a Chinese person translates it we won't be able to translate it ourselves. So no Chinese translation for now. 如果没有帮助,我们不能把它翻译 (Just hoping Google translate got that right)

Visual C++ Runtime error seem to happen when I load the mod. The memories required by this mod seem a little bit large for me, is there low resolution texture pack or other things to help with overcome the problem?

There is a link at the top of this thread and in our download thread, if you use our music pack and experience crashes due to memory, disable it.
Alternatively:
Try sending us the game log right after a crash with the mod (I insist on this particular bit, right after a crash).
The file is located in your main Warband folder, where the executable is (mb_warband.exe) and the file which content you should copy paste and send is called rgl_log.txt and contains information about your last play session and computer specs.

Will the left swing animation get removed or fixed? As the animation starts up and you already get hit before the model of the weapon you are using comes anywhere near the enemy opponent, it is too fast. It is not like native or anything similar, i can kill 4 people by just spamming left swing as they cannot counter it anything else but left swinging back?

Back
Top Bottom