3.0 Patch Plans! Important Question! page 5!

Users who are viewing this thread

Love the gladiator idea very much! ya all i can say is just add new units for the factions for the updates that would be great

if at some point themed bandits that fit the local landscape could be added then that would be awesome.

As for me I am back to hunting forest bandits :wink:

Rebel Slaves in Italy.(The Gladiators)
Numidian bedouins in the desert.

Also a suggestions for the greek troup tree the Hypaspist (light Inf) and Hetairos (Hv. Cav).

Hypaspist, weren't really light inf, they wore linothorax and a big shield, and as far as I can see were some high ranked soliders. and were actually pretty heavy or atleast medium infantry.

hetairoi (companion Cavalry) are already in the macedonian troop tree. :razz:

also, you said greek troop tree, but both units you suggested are Macedonian. :razz:

Guys, for the Gladiators for bandits, that is a no.
They fought in the arena, and not all gladiators are spartacus! and even he was cut down and his army was shown no mercy, and they wouldn't be bandits, (I geus) because they wanted to be free.... and live....

so as far as for gladiators, maybe in the arena.... but not as bandits.

bedouins, are more like tribes that live from fishing and hunting. and I do not see how that would be bandits.

My small list of ideas, you guys just give your Opinion.

Germanic Raiders (small to medium sized groups, near the broder with gaul and rome, weilding two handed axes, trowing axes and light armour.

Run away slaves (Much like looters in native wearing no armour, with knifes and rocks. large groups (30-60)

Ilyrian Pirates, (some what medium armoured men, with javelins and sicas/spears/axes walking along the Ilyrian coast, in groups of 20-50 men)

Gallic Raiders (gallic infantry not bound to a master, invading northen italy in large groups, 30-60 men)

Pictic Warband, (britton soldiers not bound to the local king, and roaming britton for small parties they can rob and kill, 5-30 men.)

See that is exactly what I was thinking of, awesome well placed "bandits"/raiders that make sense, I am so hoping for that.

BTW are you ever considering doing something with the Scotland area of England? just seems kinda lonely and empty at the moment :sad: I know it is probably very low priority , but it would be nice eventually for like version 5.0 :wink:

First I have to say thank you for this mod, I've been looking for such a mod. I really hope this mod will continue to be developed. First thing I think has to be added is more bandits. A lot more... Also, I'm really sorry, but Sarmizegetusa is placed completely wrong... It was in no way south of the Danube... It has to be right near the middle of the western part of the Meridional Carpathians, somewhere around here.
j0xzxs.jpg
Also Capidava and Sacidava (or Sucidava, can't remember) are put north of the Danube delta instead of south. But I can live with these and all others, just Sarmizegetusa should be placed relatively where it actually was.

One more thing, I have this bug where every day at midnight I get this message that Scythia (sp?) failed to respond to threat of Iberian tribes and it's king suffers w/e , something similar to this. A few weeks after it started a lot of scythian vassals joined Carthange and then I saw Carthage (already) took from Scythia 2-3 castles/cities (not villages) north east of Dacia... lol... Someday I got the same message about Germanic tribes on the same Iberian tribes, but it appeared just once or twice then it didn't appear anymore... It's a bug or is the Scythian king just stubborn? :lol:

#hertog: I like that idea too :razz:

Vipman said:
First I have to say thank you for this mod, I've been looking for such a mod. I really hope this mod will continue to be developed. First thing I think has to be added is more bandits. A lot more... Also, I'm really sorry, but Sarmizegetusa is placed completely wrong... It was in no way south of the Danube... It has to be right near the middle of the western part of the Meridional Carpathians, somewhere around here.
j0xzxs.jpg
Also Capidava and Sacidava (or Sucidava, can't remember) are put north of the Danube delta instead of south. But I can live with these and all others, just Sarmizegetusa should be placed relatively where it actually was.

One more thing, I have this bug where every day at midnight I get this message that Scythia (sp?) failed to respond to threat of Iberian tribes and it's king suffers w/e , something similar to this. A few weeks after it started a lot of scythian vassals joined Carthange and then I saw Carthage (already) took from Scythia 2-3 castles/cities (not villages) north east of Dacia... lol... Someday I got the same message about Germanic tribes on the same Iberian tribes, but it appeared just once or twice then it didn't appear anymore... It's a bug or is the Scythian king just stubborn? :lol:
I am not sure either, about this....

Hmmm, I was thinking about slings indeed.

Ok, I will update this thread with the things we have chosen, also I will mkae a list of what romae bellums final version should include.!

started working on the patch, added all new scenes. all britton castles/towns/villages are added, and some roman villages.

Ill work on the bandits and mercenaries tomorow and troops somewhere next week.

sorry I have some homework to do this weekend....  :???:

I would like armors from the Roman imperial period removed but I see that this mod is based on history and is not a complete recreation.

About slings. There are sling animations I believe in Brytenwalda. Maybe you could ask them about them.

Back
Top Bottom