I like the old Helmet of Prometheus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Ah but I added the face for a symbolic reason - since the Prometheus myth concerns the indomitable human spirit, the helmet represents the human element of the mod; they who would fight the influence of evil on their own terms, or even with their own brand of evil. The Helm of Prometheus is the face of humanity, you see. Whereas there are... MANY inhuman faces to be had otherwise. :lol:

I might add that I forgot to change the antihero banner. I'll get to that next version.

N0ught said:
Ah but I added the face for a symbolic reason - since the Prometheus myth concerns the indomitable human spirit, the helmet represents the human element of the mod; they who would fight the influence of evil on their own terms, or even with their own brand of evil. The Helm of Prometheus is the face of humanity, you see. Whereas there are... MANY inhuman faces to be had otherwise. :lol:

I might add that I forgot to change the antihero banner. I'll get to that next version.
So I'm quite the hope of humanity in this crapsack world?  :lol:

Yup. Ye are...

Anyway, wouldn't it be better if the helmet was an ancient greek one, like this(but with the horns and the mask aswell):
corinthian.jpg

By the way lord Nought.
Please I beg you, change those kingdom's troops please. Maybe you make them look more unique.
True that you said that this mod is not going to be an overhaul but I'm bored of the same guy from Native.
Maybe the Swadian is like the Papal State or something like that. :razz:

ThaneWulfgharn said:
Yup. Ye are...

Anyway, wouldn't it be better if the helmet was an ancient greek one, like this(but with the horns and the mask aswell):
corinthian.jpg

Totally agree. I don't like the new helmet and the old one because they aren't Greek and that's illogical.
But I admit the old one looked very cool.

kabogh said:
ThaneWulfgharn said:
Yup. Ye are...

corinthian.jpg

Totally agree. I don't like the new helmet and the old one because they aren't Greek and that's illogical.

Ah, but keep in mind: these are objects of the Gods, not the Greeks. Hades' sword isn't exactly a gladius, and his robe isn't exactly a toga. :lol:

On that note, I have to say I like the helmet as it is now - especially when coupled with Poseidon's Trident... the Prometheus myth IS a parallel to the myth of Lucifer, after all. And once in a while I like to name my character "Morningstar" and start down that road... all in good fun.

The choices I make as to the aesthetic qualities of this mod, and the items therein, may not be pretty, and they may not be pleasing to all possible critics - but there is a diabolical purpose for them, rest assured. :wink:

N0ught said:
kabogh said:
ThaneWulfgharn said:
Yup. Ye are...

corinthian.jpg

Ah, but keep in mind: these are objects of the Gods, not the Greeks. Hades' sword isn't exactly a gladius, and his robe isn't exactly a toga. :lol:

On that note, I have to say I like the helmet as it is now - especially when coupled with Poseidon's Trident... the Prometheus myth IS a parallel to the myth of Lucifer, after all. And once in a while I like to name my character "Morningstar" and start down that road... all in good fun.

The choices I make as to the aesthetic qualities of this mod, and the items therein, may not be pretty, and they may not be pleasing to all possible critics - but there is a diabolical purpose for them, rest assured. :wink:
Where is the temple? I saw a screenshot showing a Greek temple. :3

You have to recruit Crossbones and ask him about it. Then if you put the shell and four horse corpses into the Cup of Hebe, it will give you Poseidon's Trident.

I spoil you guys, I really do. :lol:

Being an Anti Hero sucks then.
I mean, the helmet is ugly, can barely hit someone with Fire of the Gods even with power throw 10 and high throwing plus the fact it means we get to play original boring native **** for lots of days while we can just rob cemeteries and obtain the read death armour set in less time.

It also means you get an extra 12 stat points. :wink:

I also MAY add recipes for converting Fire of the Gods into ammo for firearms, bows and crossbows at some point.

kabogh said:
Being an Anti Hero sucks then.
I mean, the helmet is ugly, can barely hit someone with Fire of the Gods even with power throw 10 and high throwing plus the fact it means we get to play original boring native **** for lots of days while we can just rob cemeteries and obtain the read death armour set in less time.
N0ught said:
It also means you get an extra 12 stat points. :wink:

I also MAY add recipes for converting Fire of the Gods into ammo for firearms, bows and crossbows at some point.
No... I suggest, however, to convert the Artificer to a dual-sided class, both Necro-Hero and Anti-Hero. You see, my idea here:http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,132712.msg6782737.html#msg6782737
can be slightly polished, i.e. Artificer stands BETWEEN The Fountain and Da Vinci, and can join either faction!!!
I never thought the Artificer as a kind of Necromancer, actually, Artificers have nothing to do with death... Artificers are prodigies, and a prodigy is either born(Da Vinci/Anti-Hero side), either made(by demonic powers of the Bloodfountain)...

This would require to add two more option in character building:
Your father was an... Inventor
+2 intelligence, Artificer's Manual
You start your early life as... A Prodigy Child
+4 intelligence, +Possibility to use Artificer's Manual

Artificer's Manual can be bought at the Blood Fountain for 3 Blood, 3 Sludge and 3 Gold Golems or at a book merchant for a very big amount of gold, and it can be sold to Da Vinci for 1 Elixir Adamas.

An artificer is not as strong as a Necromancer but yet it provides some fun gameplay kabogh wants until you get in the right level to earn the Helm of Prometheus. Oh, and there is another difficulty in playing artificer:
Chapters I, II and III can be used by everyone who, either is a prodigy, either learned by the Blood Fountain to use the Artificer's Manual.
Chapters IV, V and VI require the Infinity Stone in inventory to be used.
Chapters VII, VIII and XI require Helm of Prometheus and Fire of the Gods in inventory to be used.

EDIT:
There is also a difference between Da Vinci and Fountain Artificers.
All artificers can have a simple golem tree: Clay->Iron->Silver->Gold
Fountain Artificers may acces the Engine tree, in which Clay-(Necronomicon)->Sludge Engine or Clay-(Necronomicon)->Blood Engine
Da Vinci Artificers have acces to another tree: Clockwork Man-(Manual)->Electric-Powered Man
Also, Da Vinci Artificers may use Firearms(2 pistols, 4 rifles) and Explosives(Currently Molotov, but maybe Shrapnel and some Anti-Undead explosive if you want, may even change amount from 1 to 4 ammo-per-item, always if you want)
and, by talking to Gold Golems, there is an option to use Elixir Adamas to make Diamond Golems.

I appreciate the enthusiasm and creativity ThaneWolfgharn. I do have some counterpoints in return:

1: First of all, the Great Artificer is not the enemy of the Bloodfountain. Neither is he the enemy of the world, and therefore he has kept the Infinity Stone hidden. It does not do to think of these two as nemesis.

2: Artificers ARE necromancers - they simply combine technology with dark magic. This is a convenient explanation for why the Artificer's Mancatcher still sounds like a horse - it is possessed with the spirit of a horse. Which brings up number...

3: Poltergeist (defined as normally inanimate objects, which are animated by a spirit), are not easily made. Lesser spirits like the horse spirit for animating the Mancatcher are about as good as it gets... except for The Great Artificer, of course. He knows how. Golems are a particular and ancient ritual, and exempt from this rule - and Blood/Sludge Engines are simply highly-modified zombies. there will also be no other Clockwork Men added - Dupin is unique. No robots (electric men) either. I like this mod to be steampunk at best, for technology. :cool:

4: I do like the idea of "An Inventor" as a starting choice at character creation. I might just tie this in as the only choice that will allow you to convert the Fire of the Gods into other types of weapons. :wink:

5: Cartridges and Flintlock Pistols can already be made, via the Old Cookbook. And likely no other firearms will be added - I like the concept that only sheer genius could invent anything beyond the flintlock in this mod.

6: Weapon/Armor/Item dismantling would be FAR too detailed and profitable, since most of these items are already worth less than the trade goods required to make them with the other manuals. Likely this will never be added.

6. There will be nothing added allowing the Artificer's Tools or Elixir Adamas to be more readily available. :razz: Also, I want to point out that there are only two matter-conversion abilities in the mod: Iron to Gold and Wood to Diamonds. Gold Golems cannot therefore be converted to Diamond Golems.

7: I don't foresee adding any Shakespearean references - I like my Edgar Allan Poe/Greek Mythology/Occult Folklore mash-up. And just no to Might and Magic references... I prefer to stay as original as possible beyond the three places I just mentioned.

8: I may or may not look into the possibilities of explosives and fire damage later on in the mod's development.

And that is what I have to say on that subject. :grin:

First of all, thanks for looking forward into the Inventor and explosives idea.

I like somehow the idea that artificers deal also with magic/necromancy; I was trying to think of a way how could a creative class like an Artificer would offer a wider gameplay... plus, you were thinking of using the Fire of the Gods as an item that allows us to create new items.
  As you may know the Fire of the Gods is used, amongst other meanings, also as a metaphor for scientific enlightment, and scientific enlightment, first, if gained, cannot be lost(by being converted into something else), and second, it brings technological (together with scientific) innovations. That is why, I thought, someone who wields the Fire of the Gods would be capable of producing even beings such as the clockwork men and the electric-powered men(robots).
  However, the Fire of the Gods, may also be interpreted as the Divine Powers that make gods superior to men, a gift of what is commonly known as "magic", or more specifically, phenomenons like Clairvoyance, Astral Projection and/or domination of Mind-Over-Matter, power to control nature, storms(zeus), seas(poseidon) etc. This interpretation however, is closer to the theme of this mod, and I am very interested to see where this is going in the future...

Good Luck!!!

It was many and many a year ago,
  In a kingdom by the sea,
That a maiden there lived whom you may know
  By the name of Annabel Lee;
And this maiden she lived with no other thought
  Than to love and be loved by me.

I was a child and she was a child,
  In this kingdom by the sea,
But we loved with a love that was more than love—
  I and my Annabel Lee—
With a love that the wingèd seraphs of Heaven