[OSP] MP COOP campaign "engine" V0.2 gamma (1.10.2013)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing job ! Please more update for sync

Swyter said:
Well, then is not that bad. Maybe by limiting the update radius things can be kept under control. For example, sync all the moving parties under 100 map units as soon as possible and everything else every 2-5-7 seconds. Or if you want something smarter, then do it event-based; when something happens, like somebody entering a city, recruiting troops, fire a broadcast event. That way you won't be sending bogus information, just send when and what needs it.

I know that this is talking in broad lines, and the details of an implementation aren't as easily done.
But hey, first let's theorize with something more of less workable and go down there with code.
I totally agree

Is there a summary of what is possible to do with this somewhere? I mean in its current state.
What happens if you go in a town and buy stuff, if you use cheats, if you get attacked by bandits, go on a scene... and what is planned to be done?

thank you guys for all the replies

coo_snake said:
Is there a summary of what is possible to do with this somewhere? I mean in its current state.
What happens if you go in a town and buy stuff, if you use cheats, if you get attacked by bandits, go on a scene... and what is planned to be done?
right now you can't do much (the current state is not an playable state). all those things (when you enter town, buying stuffs, selling, etc) needs to be written manually and synced up with the server. right now i am planning to sync the inventory, and allow buying / selling stuffs. after that i want to sync up the character level, attributes. and after after that, i will try to make a working battle system...

h8170C1C2

I found what I was looking for since my first 2 days playing M&B warband  :grin: by the way , does it really works ? is there any servers on ?

The_dragon said:
right now i am planning to sync the inventory, and allow buying / selling stuffs. after that i want to sync up the character level, attributes.
These things should be doable by manipulating the troop tableaus so as to send messages as soon as any player loads up the presentation. Note that this is tricky with merchants and merchandise - you can try tracking through the game sell/buy events, but again, changes made to the player's inventory while in the inventory screen will not update. Alternatively, if you managed to block the hardwired inventory presentation already you can make your own virtual inventory, and only need to sync up the 9 equipment slots. Same thing goes for the character sheet - however there are no operations to get the available points for allocation. Again, it might be possible to stop all experience gains, and do a web interface for stats instead. Whenever xp is added (via add_xp_to_troop/add_gold_as_xp/add_xp_as_reward or the party operations), block it and instead send a message. This can also apply for battles - the easiest way is to do a comparison of before/after the mission, the harder way is to track individual kills and send a message each time (although if you set up a proper message system for each kill, tracking other battle stats becomes easier as a whole). There actually should be a way to manually synchronize the player's stats without too much hassle - rename the statistics corner into "sync" and do the events from script_game_get_statistics_line.

Woah. This is amazing. Keep up the great work!

Looking forward to seeing this develop; a multiplayer campain is something I've always wanted in Warband!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom