Perisno Factions, Lore, and Info

Users who are viewing this thread

I already saw and read those before I asked and I did a search. I was mainly curious about how they age(lifespan) compared to humans(human lifespan or hundreds or thousands of years) and those don't mention that unless that is one of the details you can learn in game or if you guys have not decided on it yet.

dantw said:
I already saw and read those before I asked and I did a search. I was mainly curious about how they age(lifespan) compared to humans(human lifespan or hundreds or thousands of years) and those don't mention that unless that is one of the details you can learn in game or if you guys have not decided on it yet.
Aging is pretty much the same with all the races. I have said this before, but we are not trying to base any of the races off others (like LotR), well except humans of course. The only major differences between each race is their height, appearance, strength, and some other things that slip my mind at the moment. Perisno races are based on Perisno lore and we try to distinguish from other known 'pre-defined' things.

Importing 90% of the weapons and armors of the elves from LotR doesn't seem to match your statement Michadr. Just saying.

Yber said:
Importing 90% of the weapons and armors of the elves from LotR doesn't seem to match your statement Michadr. Just saying.
**** off, just saying. If you feel like making those models for us then go right ahead, otherwise quit *****ing.

You don't need to go overboard to give your opinion, since I didn't intend to offend anyone. Saying that this mod isn't influenced by previously created universes is a mistake, and that's pretty much clear on several items. Even the elves are archery based, which you see in Warhammer, LotR or Warcraft 3.

I'm not saying it's the same thing OR that it is wrong in order to focus into other aspects of the game, but if you say you're looking to differenciate your thing from other things, you can't use things used into other things.

That's the thing.

Yber said:
You don't need to go overboard to give your opinion, since I didn't intend to offend anyone. Saying that this mod isn't influenced by previously created universes is a mistake, and that's pretty much clear on several items. Even the elves are archery based, which you see in Warhammer, LotR or Warcraft 3.

I'm not saying it's the same thing OR that it is wrong in order to focus into other aspects of the game, but if you say you're looking to differenciate your thing from other things, you can't use things used into other things.

That's the thing.

i`m pretty sure Michadr was reffering to the lore... and you should view your comment from the viewpoint of a dev thaat works for free to bring us this mod, and then you make that comment, you didn`t really  expect a "thank you very much" now did you?  :wink:\

and going by the last thing you said it also applies to humans, any sword/bow/armor/horse etc from all mods.

the LotR elves  don`t die of old age unless they chose so (if i recall corectly), they were good archers, good swordmen and also very good horseriders, but they also had magic, superior craftsmanship and superior knowledge of basically everything.

so my stance is towards Robin, but let us say in a more less rude way  :neutral:

Yber said:

That's the thing.
Ok, here's the thing.

Michadr said in the post directly before yours that he wasn't trying to base the lore off of LoTR. You have no clue what goes on inside his head, and he said this:
I have said this before, but we are not trying to base any of the races off others (like LotR), well except humans of course

So that is what we are trying to do. Like Jon Snow, you know nothing about that other than what Michadr said. Or if you have telepathy, then please use it for something more useful that correcting Michadr on what goes on inside of his and the lore writer's heads.

Being different in lore or not doesn't affect the fact that when I play I play with weapons and armors imported from LotR. This inmediatly leads players who don't go in depth in the lore aspects of the mod to think they're playing a middle earth pararel universe thing.

Again. I'm not trying to despise your work or the dev's team work, or the lore makers' work, or whatever. I'm saying that renaming elfs to elvarie, dwarfs to dwarfs (lol, still better than midgets), writting lore and scripting a chain of events and quests isn't as inmersive as it could be without the exact same models as more known and recognized fantasy universes that started a trend.

I'm justifying people asking for orcs, uruk hai and white mages, not trying to start an argument with you (the dev team), whose work is acknowledged, while also pointing my opinion, which I believe is perfectly justified.

Yber said:
Being different in lore or not doesn't affect the fact that when I play I play with weapons and armors imported from LotR. This inmediatly leads players who don't go in depth in the lore aspects of the mod to think they're playing a middle earth pararel universe thing.

Again. I'm not trying to despise your work or the dev's team work, or the lore makers' work, or whatever. I'm saying that renaming elfs to elvarie, dwarfs to dwarfs (lol, still better than midgets), writting lore and scripting a chain of events and quests isn't as inmersive as it could be without the exact same models as more known and recognized fantasy universes that started a trend.

I'm justifying people asking for orcs, uruk hai and white mages, not trying to start an argument with you (the dev team), whose work is acknowledged, while also pointing my opinion, which I believe is perfectly justified.

As far as i'm concerned they can do whatever they want with the mod. They are not gaining any profit from this so neither should we demand something from them.

Now, you really are not getting where this whole mess came from.

Yber said:

When i read that, i detect sarcasm and sinism, you gave neither a constructive opinion nor did you said it in a polite manner. You could say that i am exagerating by saying that i am reading it like you are a jerk, but seriously, look at what you wrote!

Also putting things like "Just Sayin'" or "No offense" won't really make a difference. At this point, just take it like a man and walk away, whatever you have to say, being justified or not, does not matter to anyone here.

You have chosen your words carelessly, your opinion is no longer welcome here.

Yber said:
I won't say much more then already has been said, other then you really didn't seem to fully grasp what I meant in my comment :smile:
Yes we do use things from the LoTr Mod. Why? Because some items fit into Perisno and we simply don't have the man power to make new armor and weapons for everything we need.

Michadr said:
I won't say much more then already has been said, other then you really didn't seem to fully grasp what I meant in my comment :smile:
Yes we do use things from the LoTr Mod. Why? Because some items fit into Perisno and we simply don't have the man power to make new armor and weapons for everything we need.

You make things sound so much more eloquent than me, michadr. :razz:

Yes, he does.

I'm sorry if you felt offended. I can only justify myself by saying that my english is pretty rigid and in some circumstances I don't know how to express myself any better. Please keep up the good work.

Yber said:
Yes, he does.

I'm sorry if you felt offended. I can only justify myself by saying that my english is pretty rigid and in some circumstances I don't know how to express myself any better. Please keep up the good work.
It's no problem. The comparison has been made many times before, I just wanted the players to know why we use the items and armor from other OSP mods. Have fun playing :smile:

Does anyone have time to lend me some creativity? I'm wanting to eventually come up with a story following my character Logan in my Let's Play just to keep things flowing well with the quests and such.

If you have the time to help me create a sort of story board off of my ideas for the direction of it all, please send me a message. :smile:

It isn't a big concern right off with the patches that you guys are working on coming down the chute soon as I want to know it will be a while before the next patch before actually starting the "story".

Colonel Rick said:
Yes, we are doing final edits and proofreading. We need to make sure it 100% fits in the other nations' lore as well.

I have already read in modbd the lore of the dwarves, great story ! :grin:

We may need to move the lore somewhere else (maybe the wiki), though I am not sure yet. There is a character limit which won't allow us to post all the major factions into one post.

Michadr said:
We may need to move the lore somewhere else (maybe the wiki), though I am not sure yet. There is a character limit which won't allow us to post all the major factions into one post.
Wiki + links everywhere is a best solution imho

Back
Top Bottom