Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord of Shadows said:
You have to wait until your faction is at peace and there is no military campaign in progress.
people constantly declare war on me for bull**** reasons and all diplomatic efforts to establish non-aggression treaties have failed even though my emissaries have 7+ persuasion

at this point I have just taken to completely vanquishing fractions which declare war on me because I'm tired of their bull****
which makes me end up with a huge number of fiefs that I need to give away

it's a vicious cycle

There is only 1 thing that helps in breaking this circle - recruiting only good-natured/upstanding lords and some matrial to use as marshals (1 matrial for 4-5 gn/ups), raise considerable amount of rtr BEFORE making your kingdom (or stupid diplomacy will make things quite bad) and do not capture fiefs from more than 1 faction (unless you have 2 or more very weak factions nearby).

what happens when they get really mad at me, do they defect, or instigate against me? and what happens if I accuse them of treason?

Another mod in original M&B had a pretty neat mechanism for raising relations with a limited number of Lords. As you became King, 5 medals would be in the big chest in your capitol. You could give a medal to any Lord you chose, and he would get a very, very good set of armour, with your faction's heraldry. Also a top tier warhorse. Your relation with him would go up 20 or 30 points, I forget exactly. I've never had too much problem keeping Lords satisfied, so I always gave the medal to one of those Lords that always liked to fight without being told instead of camping in his castle and feasting all the time. In several play-throughs I never gave out more than 3 of the medals in any one game, too many of the Lords liked being lazy and not very aggressive.

Milenna said:
well ****, I'm marrying the daughter of one of the Lords who hates me the most, I already paid the dowry and all that but he keeps me waiting, always telling me they will call me when they're ''ready'' sunova*****
welp, said lord has defected, taking his fiefs, and worse my betrothed, with him
now she keeps sending me quests to come visit her, but his people won't let me into the castle  :???:

Milenna said:
Milenna said:
well ****, I'm marrying the daughter of one of the Lords who hates me the most, I already paid the dowry and all that but he keeps me waiting, always telling me they will call me when they're ''ready'' sunova*****
welp, said lord has defected, taking his fiefs, and worse my betrothed, with him
now she keeps sending me quests to come visit her, but his people won't let me into the castle  :???:
Siege the castle and steal her away,
but seriously, you are in between a rock and a hard place it seems  :neutral: 
Is he with a enemy faction?

Michadr said:
Milenna said:
Milenna said:
Siege the castle and steal her away,
but seriously, you are in between a rock and a hard place it seems  :neutral: 
Is he with a enemy faction?

he's with the faction I really can't be arsed to wage war against, zzz

ttgg said:
Greetings Perisno people, after a long break from Perisno I'm trying to get used to the mod again in anticipation of 0.7.

Anyway, I have this strange issue when attacking in sieges, where enemy archer respawns will stay at their spawn. This leads to some.. painful experiences when I get across the wall. Is there any way to fix this? I've tried enabling and disabling Mod Formations and Diplomacy AI but to no avail.

Some screenshot to illustrate my problem.

http://imgur.com/xggYWAY,iNM9xJa#1
http://imgur.com/xggYWAY,iNM9xJa#0

Apologies if the answer to this problem has eluded me, I tried searching but was unable to find anything.

Quoting myself because I'm curious if other people experience the same archer behavior or if its just me, to rule out a bug.

Lord of Shadows said:
That happens in Native also, not just in Perisno. But I'm not sure if we can call it bug. :???:

I don't remember this being an issue in Native nor any other mod. I'm going to play a bit of Native to see if my memory fails me though.

It's especially frustrating against factions like Redwood, where every troop and their mother are archers, so you end up with 100 archers (depending on your settings) with unlimited ammo nuking your guys as they cross the wall.

Actually, you can kill vassals, but not kings, if your relationship with the person you want to kill is exactly -100.
However, it is not recommended, as there are very dire consequences to doing so (and it unbalances the game) ...

Lord of Shadows said:
1) Why would anyone want to kill a lord?

Ohhh I can think of a few reasons. In fact, there have been times where I've wanted to execute some of my own vassals for their impudence... It's probably not possible or very hard in the current game engine, but it would be cool if you, as a king, could appoint/elevate new vassals other than companions.

Back
Top Bottom