Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Abot said:
Milenna said:
I'm running M&B on a toaster so Perisno is giving me trouble
I already set graphics to tetris and I increased my virtual memory to the max but it's still hella choppy
is there anything I can do, or is it just too shiny for me ? :sad:
What kind of toaster? My Cuisinart runs Warband just fine. Try setting it to defrost for maximum FPS.

In all seriousness, my computer is also quite poor. I'm assuming you've set everything as low as it can go (DX7, 10 detail, no AA/shadows)? Even my 256mb integrated graphics can handle Perisno at those settings. If all else fails, then the setting that will give you the most performance but sacrifice the most looks is decreasing the resolution. If your computer can't run 640x480 at lowest settings then I suspect you may actually be using the toaster port of Warband.
thanks a lot, I completely forgot about resolution, I still had it set to desktop, now it runs smooth as butter
Lord of Shadows said:
Wtf is a toaster? :lol:
a toaster is a technical term for a low spec pc

sam elmo said:
In perisno 0.7 a question about the 3 new houses that are sortve like facticons can you join them and will they have there own troop tree and lords or do all three share 1 or is it the 2 nice ones share 1 and the bad one has its own
Since the dev who was working on the scripting for one of the house factions has gone inactive recently, I'm not quite sure what's going to happen to that third house. But yes, the other two houses have full unique troop trees and will be joinable by the player.

I know you probably get this alot but when will .7 be released assuming everything goes as planned because i know sometimes in modding random things can happen that screw up alot of stuff

Can I train my constable (or whatever the guy is called who is responsible for troops and patrols)? I've noticed that he trains a lot slower than me and only trains units up to tier 2-3

sam elmo said:
I know you probably get this alot but when will .7 be released assuming everything goes as planned because i know sometimes in modding random things can happen that screw up alot of stuff
Plans go to waste when new bugs appear...

Seipherwood said:
Looking through the forum, i found how to tweak the reticle, would it be okay to post some re-colors of them?
I don't see why not :smile:

Milenna said:
Can I train my constable (or whatever the guy is called who is responsible for troops and patrols)? I've noticed that he trains a lot slower than me and only trains units up to tier 2-3
No... don't think so. That's a diplomacy feature and we haven't changed it.

manekemaan said:
Minor question: Why are the player faction troops named after Darkforest?
Darkforest is basically the elite of Perisno. Meaning anything with Darkforest in it's name, and you'll know it's pretty awesome. Why Darkforest you ask? Because in Perisno the old races came from and thrived in the forests (as you can notice the map has a lot of trees). I just figured I'de use the Dark because it sounded good :wink:

Can you keep that Divine Aethling Culgrah(or however you spell it) in your party after taking him prisoner and recruiting him? I think you can recruit him because I tried(his prisoner dialogue is the same as normal non hero troops) and he accepted(but I did not have room in my party at the time) so I loaded my save that was just before talking to him, cleared a spot in my party, and offered him a chance to join me again and he spat at me and refused(I am guessing I could try again later like other prisoners). What I am specifically wanting to know is whether there are consequences to having him in your party(Will it cause bugs?) and if there is any reason not to recruit him? Can you recruit other unique leaders (Nibor, Zolona, etc) after taking them prisoner too?

I received a quest from Nodah to kill some Dragon Priests, but I never saw anything like I did with the previous ones... does anything actually spawn?  If so, where?

I have had the Aetheling Culgrah in my party for some time now and it hasn't caused any bugs yet to my knowledge. When I talk to him I have the same options as a hero follower except the options to send him to increase my right to rule and get information about a kingdom. Whether allowing him to be recruited from the prisoners is a bug or a feature I think it is pretty cool(if it is some bug then I think it should be made into a feature rather than being removed in some future update). Now I feel like capturing other unique spawn(or whatever you call them) leaders and recruiting them.  :grin:

LtGreeneyes said:
I received a quest from Nodah to kill some Dragon Priests, but I never saw anything like I did with the previous ones... does anything actually spawn?  If so, where?
Usually to the left from town near forest. And parties in whole this questline always spawning, but last two in the some distance from Voldeburg.

I ended up stumbling across them a week or two later after I conquered all the Reich lands.  A group of 94(I think) that were just kinda wandering around in circles in that little islandy area near Voldeburg, between that river and the mountains in the big clearing. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom