Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Shidan said:
Joshua Ryde said:
Thanks!
[edit] I have literally listened to every single song on that list and i can't find it lol :O
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52JnpJllzyw&list=UUhntGq8THlUokhc1tT-M2wA - at 0:36 the music starts to play.
If you recognize the song that it is from, you will have the eternal gratitude of a loyal Perisnoan Follower :smile:
Keep up the great work guys, can't wait for v. 0.8,0.9....4.1,4.2... :razz:
It's Two Steps From Hell - Strength of a Thousand Men (Extended Version)
Or as far as Perisno is concerned, fight_3. That list is incomplete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2RK6OGNMCY
You Sir; thank yee much. you have the eternal gratitude of a loyal Perisnoan Follower, as promised.
Use it well.

Question: For some reason I can't capture any enemy that was already previously unconscious when I first engage the enemy stack. Is that intentional?

Edit:
Furthermore, if I engage into any battle where the villagers help (enemy raiding my village or bandits occupying the village) I get absolutely no prisoners, even if every single one of my enemies were just knocked unconscious, at least if I lead my soldiers into battle. Auto resolve might let me have some. Is this working as intended?

gsanders said:
what's your character's prisoner management skill?  It sounds like its 0.

Mind you, I can capture prisoners that were knocked down in the battles or even the ones knocked out when I send my soldiers over. What I can't do is capture enemies that were already unconscious before the fight. That is, if I see a 1/400 enemy stack running around, it's financially better for me to wait until all the 399 troops get back up before attacking than simply beating down that last guy, otherwise they apparently simply vanish into ether.

oh
then its treating separate waves of the fight as the entire fight.  Or you broke off early (clearing the fight altogether) and then decided to jump back in and start a NEW fight with the ragged remains of the group.  If the AI thinks its a NEW fight certainly you only get prisoners according to the numbers that were standing at the time your fight began. 

Don't retreat from a fight, reassess your odds, and then decide to jump back in a second round -- that's 2 different fights to the game.
Sometimes I siege in waves like that, as a necessity, as too many of my men/women are wounded.  But that's a different story (and for that
I train up surgery, wound treatment, and first aid skills in 2-3 companions (in case one is wounded) and always put them at the end of my order of battle to have best chance to not be wounded themselves and thus unable to assist.  I look for them as a warning that I'm at my last few troops, and put something flashy just in front or behind to mark that I'm at the end to better decide to retreat or not in a siege.

Nice to see Perisno is still being worked on, it's a great mod. Keep up the good work! :grin:

Just a quick question, are there any plans to implement some form of morale-boosting in the next version? Perhaps an option in the Taverns, or whatever. Always found morale to be a pain without additional ways to increase it.

Still, looking forward to your next update regardless. :wink:

kevinflemming said:
Nice to see Perisno is still being worked on, it's a great mod. Keep up the good work! :grin:

Just a quick question, are there any plans to implement some form of morale-boosting in the next version? Perhaps an option in the Taverns, or whatever. Always found morale to be a pain without additional ways to increase it.

Still, looking forward to your next update regardless. :wink:

Something that has already been implemented is the Hunting Mod, which allows you to hunt various
types of animals throughout the map. The different meat types you get from it boost morale quite
significantly.
Also the morale-troop number value has been improved.
I'm not 100% sure but I think there is also an option in the tavern to get your party some drinks.
At least that has once been the plan. I'm not quite certain though if it has already been implemented.

I'm not 100% sure but I think there is also an option in the tavern to get your party some drinks.
At least that has once been the plan. I'm not quite certain though if it has already been implemented.
Yes, Entertainment Guildsmen. They traveling around the Perisnoan taverns (like ransom brokers and book merchants) and you can "buy" +20 party morale for 2000 coins from them.

Oh, very cool! that's excellent news. Morale was always the main issue for me, such a hassle.

Thank you for the swift replies! It's been some time since I've played Perisno, so can't wait to get back into it again and see the changes.

Was about to say that I couldn't find any of the new methods to increase morale, then I noticed which version I was running. I had downloaded the ModDB link, which was to 0.6 with the patch and hotfix, rather than 0.7. I later saw that there was another link to 0.7 at the very bottom of the page, but perhaps it could be changed to stop anybody else (oblivious to these things, like me) doing it again? :wink: The Nexus link is okay, but it's so slow even with 152Mb broadband.

Edit: Upon loading, I get an RGL error "Unable to find face mesh: elf_head_female" :???:

Okay, I sorted that out. Now I've started a new game, a male Elf Noble starting in Redwood. There were two people who attacked me, I killed them then nothing happens. Was one of them supposed to speak to me, like usual? I did wait before attacking both of them, just in case but neither stopped to talk. Now I'm stuck in some woods at the back of what looks like a settlement, with nowhere to go and Tab won't let me leave.

kevinflemming said:
Was about to say that I couldn't find any of the new methods to increase morale, then I noticed which version I was running. I had downloaded the ModDB link, which was to 0.6 with the patch and hotfix, rather than 0.7. I later saw that there was another link to 0.7 at the very bottom of the page, but perhaps it could be changed to stop anybody else (oblivious to these things, like me) doing it again? :wink: The Nexus link is okay, but it's so slow even with 152Mb broadband.

Edit: Upon loading, I get an RGL error "Unable to find face mesh: elf_head_female" :???:

Okay, I sorted that out. Now I've started a new game, a male Elf Noble starting in Redwood. There were two people who attacked me, I killed them then nothing happens. Was one of them supposed to speak to me, like usual? I did wait before attacking both of them, just in case but neither stopped to talk. Now I'm stuck in some woods at the back of what looks like a settlement, with nowhere to go and Tab won't let me leave.

You have to delete the previous version then install the newest one.

Is it somehow possible to have your castles recruit Perisno recruits, annoying to walk to the villages and manual recruit them (Especially because I'm extremly lazy.. but shh  :lol:)

Back
Top Bottom