Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

FAQ

Q. I updated to a new Version of the mod, but my save-games are gone or are corrupted. What happened?!
Unless noted in the patch notes, generally new version of the mod are NOT save game compatible with the previous version thanks to the nature of the Warband Engine. We are devs. can't really do much about that unfortunately.

Q. The Notifications on the bottom left corner have stopped appearing. Is this a glitch?
This is mod is made for Warband 1.172. So in order to have the least amount of issues, please upgrade your version of Warband to 1.165 or newer.

Q. I can't recruit from the Realm Of the Falcon anymore since installing version 0.8, whats the deal?
Falcons don't let simple villagers fight wars. If you look at their troop tree, you won't find regular recruits there.
All falconian soldiers undergo heavy military training in Falconian war academies, and only then are allowed to go to war.
... since 0.8.
And for now these academies are inaccessible by any stranger who isn't a true-born falcon.

Falcons are a peaceful faction, but they know how to protect themselves.

Q. What is Perisno about? It looks like an interesting concept ... but I don't get it?
You can look at the stickied topics to find out all about Perisno. It is basically a total conversion mod that aims to replace everything from native, giving the mod a new feeling to it. It has everything from a new map, unique factions, new lore, new quests, tons of new items, etc. Just take a look at the features list and the stickied topics.

Q. Will Perisno come to Bannerlord?
We shall see when the time comes. For now we are focusing on Warband, as Bannerlord hasn't even been released yet. There won't be port as that would be impossible.

Q. What is the current version of the mod?
The current version is 0.811

Q. Can I join a minor faction? They seem really cool, I would like to conquer the world with them!
No,  you will not be able to join a minor faction in the form of a vassal. However, you can do the minor-faction specific quests and be able to help them that way. There are currently only a few minor faction questlines, but they are being expanded. All the minor factions are also getting an overhaul in the future.

Q. I heard that there are legendary items in the mod. How do I obtain them?
You can obtain the legendary items through a variety of means. Completing quests, loot for defeating unique spawns, and other options all can help you obtain them. There are some legendary items that cannot be accessed as of 0.6, however, unless by cheating.

Q. I would like a certain feature to be in the mod. Can you put it in?
Post it in the suggestions thread

Q. I started playing the mod and it is very hard! All these demon/lymbard/eagle parties catch me and kill me :sad: What do I do?
Well, the mod lead developer Michadr has intended Perisno to provide a harder and different experience from Native. You should at least put 1 or 2 points in pathfinding in the beginning if you have 0 and also slow down when traveling on the world map. It can help a lot.

Q. I cannot finish a certain quest. Can you please help me?
Post in the Q&A thread or in a relevant thread, and spoiler your post if it contains any spoilers. Other players will be able to help you if you get completely stuck.

Q. What is the Zann Dynasty? I see it/hear about it a lot but it is not in game?
The Zann Dynasty is an invading faction in the mod. Development for the Zann is currently at an alpha stage so do not be disappointed if something goes wrong in the invasion. They should still provide a challenge, though.

Q. Is there some kind of guide for this mod? Where do I find it?
There is a wiki for the mod. It is heavily work in progress but covers some basic information. If you would like to contribute, please do so by editing/sharing your knowledge of Perisno on there - even one edit helps!

Q. I keep crashing. Why???
Read the Bug Report thread

Q. Is there any way I can change the text font in this mod?
A. Go to the mod's Data folder and remove font_data.xml, then go to the Textures folder and remove font.dds. If you are not sure what are you doing, rename them instead of removing them, so you won't lose the files.

Q. I would like to join the team. How do I do this?
Go read the recruitment thread

Q. I want to make a submod for this mod with text editors like Morgh's. Is this allowed?
Yes. Submods are completely fine and are encouraged. Feel free to make any troop changes or .txt changes you want. However, the source will not be released until the mod stops development. But if you really want to help, join the dev. team and work from the inside!

Q. I've been seeing some modders being listed as Apprentice developers. What does that mean? 
Some players who really enjoy the mod, and want to help but don't know anything about modding join the dev. team as "Apprentice Developers". The team will teach that person the basics of modding and from there the possibilities are endless.

Q. Is this mod in Russian?
Yes, thanks to HunterWolf , KonykSoldatyk (Половець) ,storm74 , and Lostian you can get the russian translated version of 0.611 here

Q. Is this mod in Spanish?
Yes, thanks to Jessvegi, mike56, and Rogday you can get the Spanish translated version of 0.7 here

Q. How do I obtain a dreaded wolf?
You need to become very good friends with Baron Gereon (90 relations). If he's your vassal, then he'll give you one as a gift. If he's not a vassal, he'll give you a quest to deliver one to the Kaiser, which you can then keep, but you'll lose a lot of relations with Gereon and maybe also Kaiser Otto

Any questions you ask will be answered here.

+1 @ previous post.

Will there be a player faction troops ?

Also, with possible equip customisation ?

Will player followers lords use player faction troops ?

robindelang2 said:
About own kingdom,

- Can you rename it?

- What are the troops like?

- How do these diplomacy options work? Are they enabled via your advisors?

You can rename your kingdom in the camp menu as well as when you first form it.

The troop tree for the kingdom hasn't been made yet

What do you mean by diplomacy options? when you make a kingdom, like in any mod with Diplomacy, you have advisers who you can talk to at your court to do kingdom-related stuff.

TehGanker said:
+1 @ previous post.

Will there be a player faction troops ?

There will

Don't know

Don't know

robindelang2 said:
About own kingdom,

- Can you rename it?

- What are the troops like?

- How do these diplomacy options work? Are they enabled via your advisors?

1) You can rename it
2) in 0.41, you will only be able to recruit regular faction troops, but in 0.5, you will have your own faction troop tree (a male and female line)
3) for Diplomacy, I suggest checking out their board
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,116424.0.html#post_features
TehGanker said:
Don't know about the equip customisation but in 0.5, you will be able to choose your culture and also most companions that you make lords have their own special troops

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Oh well :razz:

No, not in 0.5
We could add it, but at the moment I do know how to limit things with that feature. For instance, you shouldn't be able to give recruits armor and weapons that they shouldn't have or not make sense :smile:

Will player followers lords use player faction troops
We will work on this once we get to making the player faction, but as SU said, some NPCs will have special kingdom troops.

Ok another question

About the own kingdom troop tree

What are they like? Balanced, Infantry, Cavalry, Archers?
The Player kingdom should be the most balanced of all the factions.

i didn't checked every topic on this mod but i've just started the game and i realized that redwood nation are rodocks, same as two others faction that are still the native troops.

did i done something wrong or are they still in development? just to be sure..

btw you did quite a nice job on this, carry on :grin:

Nashor said:
i didn't checked every topic on this mod but i've just started the game and i realized that redwood nation are rodocks, same as two others faction that are still the native troops.

did i done something wrong or are they still in development? just to be sure..

btw you did quite a nice job on this, carry on :grin:
Only 3/6 troop trees are done in 0.41  :neutral:
But you don't have to wait long for V0.5, it's set to be released next month.
For now you can enjoy the OP Perisno troops owning the Native ones :smile:

Thanx for answers.
And one more question :
Michadr, you mean NPC-companions, which promoted to lords ?
Anyway, nice to hear that.
But firstly i mean
TehGanker said:
lords, which joined to my kingdom from other faction, for example - tolranian lord joined to my kingdom and what troops will spawn in their party ? my culture troops or still he get tolranian soldiers ?

TehGanker said:
Thanx for answers.
And one more question :
Michadr, you mean NPC-companions, which promoted to lords ?
Anyway, nice to hear that.
But firstly i mean
TehGanker said:
lords, which joined to my kingdom from other faction, for example - tolranian lord joined to my kingdom and what troops will spawn in their party ? my culture troops or still he get tolranian soldiers ?

Yes i mean NPC Companions. :smile:

We are still working on that part. For now they don't spawn with the cultures troops. 

The drahara elephant riders have them. I don't know for sure if they're in 0.41, but I think they are. :smile: They're exclusive to the Drahara king. (if they aren't in 0.41, ignore this, its just saying another feature that will be in 0.5)

masterborn12 said:
how do u get elephant

1) Find at a horse merchant in Drahara and you might be lucky :smile:

The Drahara Elephant Rider is a houshold troop that is introduced in 0.5
You will also have a better chance of finding them in the next version.

Back
Top Bottom