Discussion + Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Michadr said:
The idea of giving money came out when i saw vassals always lack of money to rise an army after suffering one defeat. Count Methenor is my character's father-in-law and owns a castle, but his wealth is always no more than the money collected from the fief (as the message shown in the corner). Some lords own 1-2 village, but still stay in town or castle for very long period (over 30 game days) after one defeat.
I never really thought lords have a hard time rebuilding their armies. IMO it's quite balanced based on how much renown the lord has, as they will eventually have a large force again, and if they rebuilt faster it would be much, much harder to take over towns or castles. Or am i missing something?

I understand, if this mod can add optional difficulty setting could be more satisfying for me.

I found the towns or castles once being taken by another faction, they never have many defenders as before. Redwood took Vinica in day 12, till day 165, the town's garrison only got 200 men. Drahara took Desouk in day 26, till day 165, it only got 205 men. As a vassal of Redwood, I took Weyyah castle in day 78,  90 days past since the castle was awarded to another lord it only got 73 men in the garrison.

In the siege of Weyyah castle, my troops never listen to my order, charge very time when I press F1F1.

Michadr said:
And i just think giving troops should has some effects.
Like...? :smile:

Like elite troops could increase the relationship.

Troop "gifts" to allied lords is a good feature. Also would be nice to see distribution of rescued prisoners among all participants of combat (f ex enemy had 100 prisoners, you took only 20, other 80 got by your allies).

T.L.S. said:
Troop "gifts" to allied lords is a good feature. Also would be nice to see distribution of rescued prisoners among all participants of combat (f ex enemy had 100 prisoners, you took only 20, other 80 got by your allies).
I though that allies automatically take the rest. :neutral:

Lord of Shadows said:
T.L.S. said:
I though that allies automatically take the rest. :neutral:
nope, they take fixed part, depending on size of their army relatively to all allied forces,  before you. Prisoners which you can't take simply lost.

What about an option to help looted villages after they have been looted? Like help them rebuild and recover? You could make it dependent on the engineering, number of soldiers in your party, and maybe wound treatment too. And it could give you a relation bonus, honor, and or help the village recover from " (looted) " status faster(so you could visit it like a normal village and stuff) but make it take time(or make an option to spend gold for them to hire help etc that does not take up time).

dantw said:
What about an option to help looted villages after they have been looted? Like help them rebuild and recover? You could make it dependent on the engineering, number of soldiers in your party, and maybe wound treatment too. And it could give you a relation bonus, honor, and or help the village recover from " (looted) " status faster(so you could visit it like a normal village and stuff) but make it take time(or make an option to spend gold for them to hire help etc that does not take up time).
Something new and really interesting

dantw said:

well this is a very good suggestion,  i vote for this (if possible to implement ofc)  :mrgreen:

dantw said:
MelanieWard said:
Oh, I like that idea!
+1  :smile:

Good natured and upstanding lords should have % chance to help their village too after it's raided and they're nearby.

There should be an option to build an upgrade at villages you own that allows you to keep cattle that you own there. Maybe something like a pasture?

Biodeath652 said:
There should be an option to build an upgrade at villages you own that allows you to keep cattle that you own there. Maybe something like a pasture?
Im guessing you mean if you loot a village and say you get like 80 cattle.. you just bring them to that village with the pasture and keep them there and it could like maybe raise the prosperity of that village and/or the surrounding town or castle?

Modder223 said:
Biodeath652 said:
Im guessing you mean if you loot a village and say you get like 80 cattle.. you just bring them to that village with the pasture and keep them there and it could like maybe raise the prosperity of that village and/or the surrounding town or castle?
Yes that's exactly what I mean. Great mod by the way it's the most fun that I've had playing M&B for a long time. :smile: 

Back
Top Bottom