Discussion + Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

According to the game, you've already had the ability to abandon bad fights or impossible to win fights simply by using the escape option in menu before engaging. Sure it has penalties but shouldn't you have the same kind of penalties if you go into a losing fight and get away with whatever remains anyway? The game is already forgiving enough to give you infinite time to think about whether to engage the battle, or to run away and you can also click "P" to check out your party or level up troops before engaging.

The Dark Robin said:
Perhaps when the player leaves a battle by going to the edge of the battle scene, he will be routed and get only the part of his party that was already routed back?

That would be better than the current system, and wouldn't be too easy for the player. (leaving at the beginning of a battle would result in a party size of 1)
That would create a serious hole for people to abuse. They would go into a fight, immediately order all troops to run away and run away him/herself before the enemy can even engage.

The reason I oppose to having a custom troop tree is also because there are enough overpowered troops that the players can get their hands on, noticeably Noble troops, freelancer troops, various minor faction troops.

Hi,

been playing Perisno for a while and have some remarks:

- game punishes player heavily for not immediately investing in strength and leadership for quite some time from start. IMO any character build should be viable as it improves role-playing aspects.

- faction relations are unrealistic and/or bugged. Examples: demons are pursued by redwoods. I`m a redwood merc, attack demons and pursuing redwoods don`t join. Lymbardians, Eagles, Legionnaires and whatnot seem to be left alone by all regular troops.
Amazons AFAIU the lore are friendly or at least neutral to redwoods. But they still hunt me, a redwood merc.
If the reason for this is to increase challenge, I say it`s a fake challenge. Player will with time become strong enough to deal with these problems anyway, but immersion is compromised from the start. Fantasy + realism = believable and immersive.
Why not have skill triggered options in dialogues? Like high charisma gives a chance to talk oneself out of a tight spot? Or buy oneself out. Gender giving bonuses or maluses to player in some situations?

- all troops having same proficiencies is a vanilla design flaw no one addresses. Archers being as skilled in polearms as archery are not very plausible. Diversifying this will force the player to give much more thought to troop composition and perhaps pursue different approaches to field army and garrison setup.

Have no doubt, I think Perisno is a great achievement already, but IMO some features need a thorough rethink.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Oldtimer said:
Hi,

been playing Perisno for a while and have some remarks:

- game punishes player heavily for not immediately investing in strength and leadership for quite some time from start. IMO any character build should be viable as it improves role-playing aspects.

- faction relations are unrealistic and/or bugged. Examples: demons are pursued by redwoods. I`m a redwood merc, attack demons and pursuing redwoods don`t join. Lymbardians, Eagles, Legionnaires and whatnot seem to be left alone by all regular troops.
Amazons AFAIU the lore are friendly or at least neutral to redwoods. But they still hunt me, a redwood merc.
If the reason for this is to increase challenge, I say it`s a fake challenge. Player will with time become strong enough to deal with these problems anyway, but immersion is compromised from the start. Fantasy + realism = believable and immersive.
Why not have skill triggered options in dialogues? Like high charisma gives a chance to talk oneself out of a tight spot? Or buy oneself out. Gender giving bonuses or maluses to player in some situations?

- all troops having same proficiencies is a vanilla design flaw no one addresses. Archers being as skilled in polearms as archery are not very plausible. Diversifying this will force the player to give much more thought to troop composition and perhaps pursue different approaches to field army and garrison setup.

Have no doubt, I think Perisno is a great achievement already, but IMO some features need a thorough rethink.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Michadr said it himself.

Some areas of Perisno are harder to start, the Redwood elves have one of the hardest areas to start a new game or play, I don't know why as I don't get involved with them much, might be the woods, forests, y'know, fairies tend to be crazy, too much time spent on the forest yourself might be getting a little hippie, peace.

Whilst the Maccavian lands are safe and easy, in my point of view, depends on player perspective on wether how he or she wants to play, for a start, myself I prefer to play safe rather than getting owned by OP units at start, building up my economy, getting an good income then building armies and relations, a wannable mastermind trying to conquer the whole world.

What you'd expect? dragons run loose, either you have an army of trained killers which are costly, or you play safe. Or alone, I myself find tempting to get a good horse and a two meters sword and rush everything like if I was some medieval rambo. Conan more likely, thinking too much hurts sometimes, or unless you choose to play more tactical, being a virtual Sun Tzu, Perisno seems to reward you well.

Of course, in this version the game lacks some ways to make aurums, but surely in the future you will have tons of ways to turn anything into gold (Aurum)

Assuming we're talking one of the earliest versions of Perisno, it's a sure mark that some stuff are underthought, it's early,  some features are appearing, whilst some are in the forge.

Patientia, Frater.

@Gryffindor

Hi,

in short I expect:

- logic,

- plausibility,

- consistence.

BTW, I do understand that our travel has just begun and that`s why the above mentioned are easier to address now rather than later.
And even more challenging for the devs, I think they should reward a virtual Sun Tzu as much, if not more than a 30 strength dumbass with a charming smile.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Hi, this is morever directed at Michadr + Darkrobin + other mods.
I will also post this in the New Version 0.7 section because i'm unsure of where to put it.
I have just heard a song which i think would fit perfectly into the atmosphere of Perisno.
You can decide where to put it - it is a very peaceful travelling song but also has a fast-pace, rhythmic middle section which i would love to hear as a battle music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4Pw3wPSF9Q&src_vid=IJiHDmyhE1A&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_104969 ...
Thanks
p.s. what do other people think of it?

habeo123 said:
That would create a serious hole for people to abuse. They would go into a fight, immediately order all troops to run away and run away him/herself before the enemy can even engage.

The reason I oppose to having a custom troop tree is also because there are enough overpowered troops that the players can get their hands on, noticeably Noble troops, freelancer troops, various minor faction troops.

I agree the custom troops would be OP, but giving the player that opportunity would simply be realistic.

Joshua: I don't know if we would have permission to use that song.

The Dark Robin said:
habeo123 said:

I agree the custom troops would be OP, but giving the player that opportunity would simply be realistic.

Joshua: I don't know if we would have permission to use that song.

Oh god, yeah. Sorry, i completely forgot about song rights etc...sorry.

Copyright's just a b*tch, even trying to be creative has it's negative parts, in my opinion, custom troops should be player created orders like in PoP, Michadr has showed interest for this sorta of thing and player created troops trees seems messy even if immersive, in PoP you created your own order bit by bit, not an "whole new faction" I'd say; leave the factions alone and add player made household troops, that ought be a good do-able alternative and somewhat neat.

Oldtimer, some things are hardly logical, and we're in testing stages of Perisno, mentally, you can project the "feel" that the world is hard and unrewarding, there is a lot to do yet, we've just compacted a lot of resources, and made it fit together in this flow we call World of Perisno, to follow the tide is a must, you can make several boats, but if it can't survive waterfalls, they're just useless.

Pragmatic, a prognostic that we must ignore the flaws of the gem until the gemcutter comes to shape it, we can design what form may it so take, but only the gemcutter can maketh it as we desire in his edge of skill.
metaphor: Having the gem, is more important than having a costly masterpiece. In time we might have both.

To have such "plausible consistence", we must have a ground, which we have currently, observing the path Perisno took in the past, from what it is now, that's a sure "feet-on-ground" for us, a playable version, of course, it has flaws, but that's humane feel about it, it is imperfect still, none of the devs are machines fabricating something, they're putting time in Perisno, harken to it, even if some stuff seems outta-place not-here o'there.

I tried playing a male character and found the whole marriage thing to feel pretty empty.  Other than hosting feasts, there is really no reason to ever talk to your wife, which is hardly proper for a Lord wanting heirs!

Maybe add a menu item when speaking to your wife, like:

Let's spend the night together.

Make it take some time ticks, possibly with a tasteful pic screen...

R2-1.jpg

And give a reward, like +1 relation with her, maybe with a % chance (equal to Charisma + relation) of gaining 1 renown or something.

Just for fun  :smile:

Gryffinder: INSPIRING words. loving the analogies :smile: really.

a) With the marriage, i agree that is is rather empty/it would be nice to have more to do.
b) Didn't that picture look like Oberyn Martell from Game of Thrones  :shock:
c) A funny little thing you can do when the marriage video starts is punch. By clicking the mouse (and therefore attacking), your character can "punch" your wife :grin: :grin:

Thanks

Thanks Joshua!

Well, aren't you people romantic? truly, more features about wives seems like a fair something-to-do, but remember, we're on a medieval paradigm, "rape", "consummation" were really the deal of our old brethren, being romantic and landlord were quite rare. Well, unless you're french, that is  :wink:

Tea, oh yeah more stuff to do with ladies, you don't have to just read poetry to them to "increase" the likeness of getting a wife to throw parties for lords you don't like much, having a wife comes to a paradigm known as "family", GoT explores that, "Duty" and "Family", both equally unique and in constant strife, you can serve your kingdom throughly and forget about family, Mount and Blade Warband puts such a void in it, you're obligated to serve the kingdom you're a vassal for, or the kingdom you rule, caring little for the cares of humble family life. Which is terribly odd as lords of old times, specially Leaders and Kings, they would care more about heirs to their house than duty to the kingdom.

Erm.. GoT, I read the books, and I don't recommend comparing them to the TV series, also don't search GoT Wikies.

MelanieWard said:
I tried playing a male character and found the whole marriage thing to feel pretty empty.  Other than hosting feasts, there is really no reason to ever talk to your wife, which is hardly proper for a Lord wanting heirs!

Maybe add a menu item when speaking to your wife, like:

Let's spend the night together.

Make it take some time ticks, possibly with a tasteful pic screen...

R2-1.jpg

And give a reward, like +1 relation with her, maybe with a % chance (equal to Charisma + relation) of gaining 1 renown or something.

Just for fun  :smile:
I like this idea, and I think some nice, if small things could be added in the future. We are not doing any more additions then we have planned for 0.7, and that list is nice and short right now. I'd like more discussion on this subject to see what players would like to see in a future version, as I agree, marriage is empty in some way.
But we are NOT going a GoT route, in the 'romantic' style, I just don't think something like that would fit in Perisno. But as I said, suggestions on feasible additions, like the one melanie posted could be added.

Murderer said:
Joshua Ryde said:
b) Didn't that picture look like Oberyn Martell from Game of Thrones  :shock:
Lol, just watched episode 3.  :grin:

There should be more stuff to do with women, not just wives.

Much more like what you can say to Morrigan in Dragon Age : Origins :
"Get in the tent, woman"

@Gryffindor

Hi,

you wrote: "Pragmatic, a prognostic that we must ignore the flaws of the gem until the gemcutter comes to shape it, we can design what form may it so take, but only the gemcutter can maketh it as we desire in his edge of skill."

In practice flaws ignored are flaws forgotten. Even if not forgotten, the later gemcutting begins, the harder it will be.
IMO realistic, lore correct faction relations should enhance immersion no end and be a top priority for the devs.

I also believe that the dev team is aware of this.

Rgds, Oldtimer

If i might interject on behalf of all viewers of this board.....
Gryffindor and Oldtimer. I feel as if this "verbal sparring" of yours might escalate.
I would be honour if i were to be the one to hold out the olive branch, so to speak.
I think that Gryffindors great analogies were more for comic effect than a sincere criticism of your opinions oldtimer.

Michadr - although i agree the GoT theme wouldn't be appropriate for a NUMBER (large large number if you watch the series  :mrgreen: :wink: ) , it would be nice if we were able to interact with women/wives in a way other than soppy poetry by which you travel to the nearest pub and hope you get +10 relation :razz:
Perhaps a more aggressive method ; defeating mighty armies, becoming a famed lord, your wealth, your honour..different women would like you for other traits than how well you can learn a song for 300 aurums. Ofc i am not criticizing Perisno, but i feel as if currently the mod is trying to add variety to the game...and this was would be new.
Thanks

Wow, I wasn't aware this conversation was escalating, I was just being sincere on the situation, not sparring or discussing in anyway, I'll admit I like to write random stuff, but it's entirely for the pleasure of reading and expressing my opinion, i didn't mean to undermine nothing in anyway.

Would be nice if you could learn these poems for free, like in Galwe library, gather as many books as possible, spend time there, more varieties of book would also be good, story telling stuff, chronicles of Perisno, story of factions, perhaps. But not freely, perhaps you'll need to join the scholar society in there, do some chores, whatnot, gain some benefits for befriending them, and few other perks beside having access to the library content, access to a repository of knowledge will surely be extremely beneficial, perhaps it could teach players a lot, better odds at gambling, having access to such library could allow players to read books faster, gain buffs, special perks, even some quests for legendary items, relics, written in old tomes, Knowledge is power, harken to this :mrgreen:

Oldtimer, I'm sorry if my commentary might have had some negative impact on you, I swear, wasn't my intention.

-Gryff.

i didn't mean that it was escalating to violence. i merely meant that it was going slightly off-topic to the thread. Nothing else implied or other meanings intended.

Gryff - really nice ideas for the Galwe library. Could turn out to be a really cool unique feature.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom