Reviving Floris Expanded Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Edit: Going over the thread, Leifdin says it is much more difficult to implement merchants selling high quality items.
What? No I didn't :grin:
I was just expressing thought that there aren't no high quality merchant because it's not worth it because lot of work :grin:
make better camps, whenever I entrench my camp, it's pretty useless, the ai is too stupid to properly advance, make a proper map where you get a major advantage (Thus the point of the camp, there is a ditch running around the camp with water in it, the stakes in the ground block intruders so it might be smart to just cancel it altogether. you have options as to what you want to build in the minifort, the camp can be created over time into a solid fortress with options to build watch towers and assign archers insider them to watch over the fort as well as shoot down on subsequent attackers while they try to assault your hq.
New scene, this is something I could make. Further improvement sound interesting. As basic thing, I would suggest to force enemy AI to charge when they attack.

About daggers, I've been thinking. Perhaps great speed with animation to attack head.

Hey to you all!! I started to like this game again especially because of this mod.
The features are great and I think that the Diplomacy, Economy and Social features or upgrades will be the turn over for this game in a awesome way!!

I would like to contribute to this mod by giving some ideas that I think should be doable, like starting from Diplomacy which is little bugged wright now, for example you have 40+ relations with some faction and the other day they declare war on you haha which is not ideal...
That should be fixed. The trade agreement is great too but I do not see any result from it, in this part I would recommend to build trade post in which some factions can exchange goods based on agreement or relations, this trade post should be buildable on you command when you became a king.Or another option to is to create more stands in the city where you can see for example swadian traders or rhodok ones.
Another thing considering the Diplomacy part is alliances and some other pacts should be implemented.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Then the Economy, trade is enough but what about PRODUCTION? These town enterprises suck and you can only build one of them per city and you can't see the result for the town just for you gaining some income, this must be changed.
City improvements must be visible, I have never seen the prisoner tower LoL, barracks are good idea too, but there should be bakeries, repair shops, vineries, new plazas, wells, bridges and many, many similar to this things, like brewery or temples or warehouses all enterable.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

And some of the Social part, in which you should have better wifes/housbands, children, in law people and something like that, but better functions from them not just hosting a feast and the feast are boring too so there has bo some changes.Yes, yes and the kings should have children so you can marry them and get some privileges, the claimants should automnosly start rebels, not waiting for you to start them.
I liked the feature which deathnoise has written, it says that you will be able to build new towns, villages...thats great thing, the villages should be like towns upgradeable and you could conquer them not just towns individually.

Sorry if my grammar is so catastrophic, I would like that Floris sees this post and thinks about some of these suggestions and of course please make a new update on your current stage please!!:grin:D
Release some beta in one week ;DD

BTW what do you think about adding pretenders to the game? I was thinking about two pretenders for each throne, one male and one female.

Leifdin said:
BTW what do you think about adding pretenders to the game? I was thinking about two pretenders for each throne, one male and one female.

I'm not sure that would work. The setting has the treatment of women as much less of value than men, with no real inheritance to speak of, so having a woman have legitimate claim to the throne wouldn't fit so well.

Town festivals, just like how you get notifications for tournaments you get notifications for festivals, in festivals there are items that can't be bought but only won and stuff, gold and renown, there is also archery and throwing competitions and dueling, like for the archery competition you have to shoot three arrows, when you are done, a page shows you the other scorers and matches you to them, as the days go past or in specific countries where the region specializes in archery or throwing, it's harder to win top prize. Festivals also are for news and other mini game like things that are fun, there is also story time where you can talk to someone and they tell you the past of calradia (Very tricky as it requires fanon stuff cuz there isn't any canon, maybe you can ask the real creators)

to do with festivals, when you run a kingdom you can also host them and stuff but it requires stuff from feasts as well as bows etc, it increases morale and the country and surrounding villages like you.

Duels can be pretty cool too, you should add heroes to the roster so that after the fight, you might be able to hire them.

what else could be cool is a tournament siege instead of a all out slug, like a mini castle in the arena which is defended and attacked, the aim of the game is to either coordinate an attack or defense of the castle.

Better control of arena troops, those that wield bows may not be actual bowmen so they suck at shooting.

cooler arena grounds with activate able things to use. like doors and stuff.

what would be super cool too if you are able to add the canons from napoleanic wars to sieges, like only two-four shots but with a catapult skin instead, it would require and upgrade for castles and stuff and that would be awesome.(even if you can't make the animation work I still think it would be cool. Or the ability to have a ditch or moat around your castle forcing all attackers to only attack via gate instead of wall climbing.

torches as a second handed weapon, cool of asthetics but for second hand, blocking is still like normal or you can just make it like a shield, to make it easier it might be smart to make gloves that have a torch on them so the torch as a second hand can be placed in the glove item holder.

shield bashing doesn't work with all shields. also something for archers might be cool too, like a bow bash so they can keep using arrows(Like a legolas thing)

Leifdin said:
I can do that in a minute, so that's not a problem at all.. The only problem is to design these troops, properly so they wouldn't be so generic (face code, equipment, etc)

When it comes to the loot - I'm gonna tweak it today, so anyone could set the value limit for the items that are being displayed after the battle - to discard the ones with a specific value (or lower)

Same goes for the items that are being equipped by the troops. AFAIK, at the moment- they are not being included into after-battle loot.

I'm gonna also look into the loot that you should be able to obtain after siege. Currently, afaik - you get nothing
Also - I don't know how the after-battle loot for battles with several waves of opponents has been implemented.
AFAIR - you only get the loot from the last wave and that doesn't seems to be fair.

Plus small bonus - after completing the training, the three veterans are going to join your party as npcs.
So - there wille be an actual reason to complete the training each time, after you start the game

That's the stuff that I'm gonna work on, today

deathnoise said:
I'm gonna also look into the loot that you should be able to obtain after siege. Currently, afaik - you get nothing
Also - I don't know how the after-battle loot for battles with several waves of opponents has been implemented.
AFAIR - you only get the loot from the last wave and that doesn't seems to be fair.
I like this, I noticed that there's no loot for seiges, there also isn't any for things like attacking hideouts. I also noticed loot seems skewed towards giving the player stuff from the weaker units most of the time, which is a problem since the weaker units are usually spawned last.

I also noticed that there's a few battles where the minimap that shows the locations of units doesn't show up, like during prison breaks.

I noticed that almost all of the suggestions focus on making improvements for the player.  One of the crucial things that I believe would greatly improve the mod is making the game more challenging, especially after the player has established his own kingdom.  As of now, it's no challenge, the player can wipe the map with his huge army of C4, C5 Swadian Knights, A4 Vaeg Archers, I4 Rhod. Infantry or C4 Crossbowmen.  He can "buy" peace at anytime thanks to the diplomacy mod, which is a great idea, but unbalances the game in favor of the player.  Money is almost not a factor at all, it's very easy to make money thanks to the tons of features and improvements given to the player.  The player can recruit hundreds of troops at a time by hiring recruiters to go out...etc, etc, etc.

Much more is needed to help the AI.  The AI is never going to be as smart as the player or as good so it needs some buffs in order to be competitive.  AI lords should have many many more high tier troops, especially cavalry to counter the player.  At LEAST 1/3rd of every AI army should be cavalry with the exception of Nords which should have more troops in their army than other factions to compensate. 

All the new stuff that benefits the player is great, but the mod will be no fun to play if it's just a cakewalk all the time.  I understand some people want an "easy" game, perhaps some sort of difficulty level can be made.  Like releasing a "hard" difficulty with AI lords getting a lot more and better troops.  AI lords should have minimum 200 troops, Kings 400 and Towns an average of 700.  The player will still be able to conquer towns in the beginning by being opportunistic and smart, attacking weakened towns.  By mid-game, the 700 garrisons won't be too much of a challenge because he can always load up his own lords with troops and we all know they'll be all high tier.  But at least it will be somewhat of a challenge.

1 suggestion. If your personal tactics skill is above a certain amount the minimap during battle shows topography. I don't know how doable this is, but it's literally essential. I don't know about other people, but I'd like to see the general elevations of where I send my cavalry. If anything, Bannerlord should have this. I don't know how many times my C6 + C7 units died because of unknown terrain. Seriously, how do taiga bandits kill my elite cavs....

Wow, really cool! Hopefully this comes true soonish :smile:

Now.. Could you maybe remove the "feature": kingdom A with 2 castles and 2 villages left can field 2000 men..
Happens quite often and is imo very unrealistic.
At least the lords should start to leave such a weak kingdom - but apparently all 17-21 lords think it is a good idea to follow a king without a kingdom..

Lords with no fiefs and who are not honorable will start leaving, it just takes time.  Plus if a kingdom is not able to field a lot of men, then it's over, they'll never be able to "come back" meaning we'd see a lot of steamrolling once a faction captures a few towns and castles.  The player might find himself going against 1 or 2 mega factions once he's ready to start a faction of his own.

I have some idea, you should make scenes like Mines of Silver and Gold where you can work steal or even capture the mine.
IT should look like towns and villages on the map
And it could be protected with 200 soldiers, like forst cutting and fishing herding brewing more like that and you can earn like a player and conquer that economic structures.

Weapon prof training for tropps now is just 460 if you have lvl 10 weapon mastery it should be more or more weapon mastery skills should be added for train weapon prof on troops.

Weapon prof should be more categorys like one handed mace, two handed mace two handed sword on handed axe etc.. it would be more intresting fo choose your weapon for life not all maxed.

any news deathnoise ?
maybe smth we can help with? testing? repetitive easy tasks like copy paste hundreds of pics, resizing stuff, etc?

azxcvbnm321 said:
Lords with no fiefs and who are not honorable will start leaving, it just takes time.  Plus if a kingdom is not able to field a lot of men, then it's over, they'll never be able to "come back" meaning we'd see a lot of steamrolling once a faction captures a few towns and castles.  The player might find himself going against 1 or 2 mega factions once he's ready to start a faction of his own.
yeh but it takes quite a long time until lords leave and only few leave. quite unrealistic imo. actually a pain in the ars. if we play on harder difficulties.

Serres said:
any news deathnoise ?
maybe smth we can help with? testing? repetitive easy tasks like copy paste hundreds of pics, resizing stuff, etc?
Right now I'm waiting for the new version of Warband Script Extender, that will be compatible with Warband 1.158

Otherwise - It won't be possible to implement some crucial features.

Other than that - I'm working on some minor stuff, porting some content

It will take around 2-3 months for this mod to be completed with all main features, given that we will get WSE anytime soon.

WSE v3.1.5 was built for warband 1.153, but is completely compatible with 1.158 as long as you add a copy of 1.153's application into the WSE folder.  You can find details about this buried in the WSE thread.  Or use the WSE folder included with Silverstag's download.

I'd like to see something to make ranged weapons easier to aim. It's actually not that easy to tell how far it is you're actually shooting/throwing, the shot distance notification isn't really all that helpful when it's difficult to judge just how far say, 50 yards is. Maybe something to help see where the arrow/bolt/throwing weapon hits, like a puff of dust or something.

Back
Top Bottom