Reviving Floris Expanded Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Concerning tougher bandits, just add rogue knights Pendor style. If they get their own bandit lord(which I hope they do), you could get epic battles vs 300 lvl 40 knights.

Varelse said:
Concerning tougher bandits, just add rogue knights Pendor style. If they get their own bandit lord(which I hope they do), you could get epic battles vs 300 lvl 40 knights.
I like the idea but i'd prefer some very small but extremely powerful parties that can't get prisoner. that way the player and noone else can build an army with these powerful enemies. benefit would only be xp and renown. maybe some nice items.

Thx for the feedback, deathnoise.
just one more stupid suggestion: :smile:
do you happen to know (tried out) the Rigale mod? If not, you could have a look.. it's fantastic imo. just somehow unfinished and the modder(s) doesn't work on it anymore. a mixture of that one with floris and the right balancing (good stuff would have to be very very rare) could indeed rawk :smile:
+ the remade Hundred Years Mod has some smaller very unique and cool features: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,261985.0.html

(sry bad english - native not it)

Windyplains said:
WSE v3.1.5 was built for warband 1.153, but is completely compatible with 1.158 as long as you add a copy of 1.153's application into the WSE folder.  You can find details about this buried in the WSE thread.  Or use the WSE folder included with Silverstag's download.

Thanks, I've been able to overcome some limitations with tricks, the modding of this game is a real pain in the ass.
There are a lot of redundant functions, on the other hand - some functions that would've been helpful - do not exist (like setting face_mesh code during runtime, manipulation with the amount of current skill points/attribute points, etc)

Varelse said:
I'm gonna handle this in my own way - using spawn events

immortalfrieza said:
I'd like to see something to make ranged weapons easier to aim. It's actually not that easy to tell how far it is you're actually shooting/throwing, the shot distance notification isn't really all that helpful when it's difficult to judge just how far say, 50 yards is. Maybe something to help see where the arrow/bolt/throwing weapon hits, like a puff of dust or something.
Magnification slider should help a bit

Great new features, love the work you are doing on this.  Thank you  :mrgreen:

One thing that happens to me a lot in 2.54:  The bandits tend to get out of control.  In my current playthrough there is a bandit lord running around with a 450 man army (he has 180, about 7 other groups travel with him) and no one can handle it.  Happens in the Suno area.  Any plans to tone down the bandits or are we able to do it through customization?

Great. When this releases it should be fairly easy to integrate my troop tree thing. I'd love to see the updated Diplomacy, PBOD and all the Native fixes up to 1.158 in Floris. :grin:

Hanakoganei said:
Great. When this releases it should be fairly easy to integrate my troop tree thing. I'd love to see the updated Diplomacy, PBOD and all the Native fixes up to 1.158 in Floris. :grin:
Diplomacy has been already updated, native fixes have been incorporated. I'm gonna take care of PBOD once we will get the new version of WSE.

Diamaht said:

One thing that happens to me a lot in 2.54:  The bandits tend to get out of control.  In my current playthrough there is a bandit lord running around with a 450 man army (he has 180, about 7 other groups travel with him) and no one can handle it.  Happens in the Suno area.  Any plans to tone down the bandits or are we able to do it through customization?

Depends on the bandits, unless they have 150 Black Khergit, you should be able to take them down with 70+ Heavy Cav. If anything else, you just need 70-80 lvl 4 or greater troops.

Actually you can tone it down with Morgh's. It won't affect your current playthrough until a few weeks later, and that existing bandit leader won't disappear nor will his party shrink down. You just need to reduce the size of bandit parties.

If the faction controlling the Suno area has a big enough war party they'll probably try to fight them.

Otherwise it's not really a "bug" that needs to be fixed with Floris. It's quite possible for the player or even the AI to get rid of those bandits. It's hard but it's possible.

Varelse said:
Diamaht said:

Depends on the bandits, unless they have 150 Black Khergit, you should be able to take them down with 70+ Heavy Cav. If anything else, you just need 70-80 lvl 4 or greater troops.

Problem is I don't really have 70 heavy cavalry atm, it's pretty early in the game.  Forest bandits can be murder for early units because they are all ranged.    Plus it's a real issue for Swadia, they can't really get organized to defend their territory.  They keep running away from the bandits and the khergit are running around on the other side unchecked.  If the player doesn't help with the issue, the AI can't handle it and they lose tons of feifs.  Might be part of the issue with Swadia, why they are always getting wiped. 

I can see how I would be able to get through them at some point but I don't think Swadia will be able to handle it at any point.  When the npcs replenish units its mostly with tier 1-3 units.  It wipes out trade to that area too.

Seems to happen every playthrough. 

Edit:  I'll try the editor, should solve the issue for me.  Thanks  :grin:

deathnoise said:
Hanakoganei said:
Diplomacy has been already updated, native fixes have been incorporated. I'm gonna take care of PBOD once we will get the new version of WSE.

it seems WSE has being abandoned, hope they update it

immortalfrieza said:
So... is this still going?
^This, and also wondering about a feature you said you implemented, specifically: regeneration.

While I'll be the first to admit that I am a massive whore for health regeneration in rpgs, it just doesn't seem to fit here.
Now I'll grant that you attributed it to "medic" units, but it still seems odd that it would function as regeneration instead of them using some "medkit" weapon or somesuch to heal people. I.E. it just seems like it should be an active healing effect instead of a passive one.

Sub-question: Does this also apply to characters/heroes who invested in first aid?

Really wish I could help mod this, but I have found this game to be utterly impossible to do anything with, I downloaded the "swyter" thing that apparently packages all of the normal M&B mod stuff into a single place (as I was totally unable to get the official mod utility to work despite all the guides and a full understanding of what said guides were talking about.) and even WITH that I couldn't figure anything out. Just wanted to make an actual troop tree for the "player faction" thing and I couldn't even FIND any floris stuff.

Also really hope you deliver on this, it sounds utterly awesome!

I know that feel. It's tough to make a set schedule for mods and stuff when you can't mod full time. Obviously real life stuff takes priority.

Anyway still looking forward to this.

I was wondering, would it be possible to make it so that Floris works for most modules, instead of just the one? I've seen a lot of modules that would be improved with the Floris mod's features but can't use them because it's tied to a specific module.

Back
Top Bottom