Reviving Floris Expanded Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Only Sprint & Healing makes sense, for now. It's going to be implemented different way (sprint is going to be based on recheargable stamina bar).

Yeah, I was really thinking of the sprint and rage - and nothing else, actually. Great idea about the sprint being based on rechargeable stamina. I really, really like that, makes perfect sense to me.

First off: Great! I love seeing someone revive this mod, since its one of the few I consistently play.
Now, I see you´re working on a new map. Does that mean new factions, or just the old ones, relocated around the world? Or may I suggest a mix: keeping the old ones, locating them in logical places, and adding new ones. (Just asking because I love my nords and my nords only)

DeZako said:
First off: Great! I love seeing someone revive this mod, since its one of the few I consistently play.
Now, I see you´re working on a new map. Does that mean new factions, or just the old ones, relocated around the world? Or may I suggest a mix: keeping the old ones, locating them in logical places, and adding new ones. (Just asking because I love my nords and my nords only)

I think what you'd like to see (relocation of existing factions) is already what's planned. Particularly for Swadians...

Or you could check this topic :razz:

Depending on how this progresses, we may request Moderatorship for deathnoise, so that he is able to restructure the board to better serve his purposes. That is if he doesnt want to create an entirely different mod with Floris as a base, which is just as legitimate (see ACOK).

Leifdin said:
What about some more powerful bandit?
Well, hmm. I'm not sure about that, since last time I've played the "vanilla" Floris mod game (I mean - before I've started changing things) - I've met bandit lords with 2000-3000+ troops. I'm gonna look into it, it should be very easy to tweak.

DeZako said:
In short - yes. Swadians will be relocated, for sure. At least - a little bit, since they are located between the "hammer & anvil" and they get smashed very early in the game, almost every time. The map is going to be reworked/modified/changed several times, propably. It shouldn't affect future versions of the mod, afaik.

It's based on Magnus Mundi OSP map (low poly version)

I actually meant stronger bandit units rather than bigger numbers which would appear later in the game. Something upgradeable from normal bandits.(Which would make them actually useful if player recruited them). For example Sea Raider->Viking->Berserker (with berserker being t5).
(I could design some if you'd like to do this)

Leifdin said:
I actually meant stronger bandit units rather than bigger numbers which would appear later in the game. Something upgradeable from normal bandits.(Which would make them actually useful if player recruited them). For example Sea Raider->Viking->Berserker (with berserker being t5).

Yep, because in the late game, when you have an elite army composed of 150/200 T5+ units you can easily beat more than a thousand bandits in one battle without any loss (as long as there's no f*cking Black Khergit in it). I never fought more than a thousand bandits in one battle but I don't think 2000 or even 5000 would be dangerous.

Leifdin said:

If you could - that would be great.Of course - I'm gonna use it.

AWESOME MAN, when is it going to be released?
Are features are the best I've ever seen!
It all depends on how much time I'm going to have. I'm spending a couple (2-4) hours every day on this mod. So, I'd say that it will take 2 months max to finish it. The modding itself isn't hard, it's just time consuming (especially-since there are no debug options)

I would recommend to limit the number of items at around 2000 at most. They are the main cause of memory related stutter and crashes in the mod as is. There are quite a few items, which could be replaced with higher quality ones though.

Leifdin said:
OK. Would you like to see some new items as well?
If you can - that would be great.

Same thing applies for other people.If you have made some sub-mods/own custom units/npcs/quests/etc - I invite you to join the work on this project.

I'm able to do all the coding, but I don't have any experience working with 3d modelling/scenes/etc.
I'd like to add more factions, modelled after European factions, especially - the Slavic, Balkan ones (Poland, Lithuania, Hungary Croatia, etc) and, on the other hand - Saxon/England/Scotts/Ireland, and also - Venetia.

I've got some models from other mods which I've obtained with permission to use in my mod, but their quality differs and thus - they need, propably - some more work. Same thing applies for Mercenary tree which can be expanded further.

I'm trying to model some late 15th century German stuff. BTW I've already done some Viking style helmets and some scene repairing. Everything is in my Dropbox If you are interested in those troop tree reworking stuff and piercing damage on axes I'll send you newest version in .py files.

I have a suggestion which may simplify the work needed. Although, I am not sure this simplifies it, maybe it will.. :smile:

I have discussed this in another thread with a poll. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,278408.0.html
It is 18 pros to 5 cons now but it can be thought over.

So.. This is not a purely RPG game, I assume very few people walks in the town to go shopping, etc. I think it is frustrating to see really low quality items in the shops. Let them sell high quality items which you really consider buying. Why, on earth, a merchant sells tattered farmer's tunic? It's OK, RPG-wise but nobody thinks buying it. I mean, nearly every (maybe all) character starts with a better armor than tattered farmer' tunic.

Edit: Going over the thread, Leifdin says it is much more difficult to implement merchants selling high quality items.

Another thing is the court outfits.. Again, RPG-wise you can buy a noble outfit and wear it on feast but that's it. Maybe, court outfit requirement can be added in the game so that noble outfits really mean something. Feasts can be spiced up a bit.. :smile: I know this will not simplify the work, for sure. :smile:

There is a script that governs merchant inventory, script_refresh_merchant_inventory i think. That means it can be entirely set up to somebodies liking. As of now, i believe, it takes into account prosperity for items and their modifiers. I know it does for their money, because i adjusted it that way :razz:

Glad to know that this mod is being revived, I really loved it. I really like the idea of having lieutenants in the army, I was wondering if this feature could be combined with enlisting in a lord's army whereby you start as a lowly recruit but as you rise in ranks you also gain a small squad of 3, 5, 7, etc. To command in battle and once you reach T7 (or whichever is highest for the troop branch you're on) you may be offered to be a lord, and maybe make reknown attainable by killing enemy lieutenants and lords. Just some features that have always been on my mind and I thought would be cool to have if it is possible at all =x All the best, and I hope to play your revival of the mod someday =)

ohhhh ohhhh ohhhh you are a beautiful soul

I know many of my ideas are farfetched and probably undoable, but you know I am just putting it out there just in case

Do you know the mod silver stag? Yeah perhaps some mods and stuff from there like the whole idea of the quartermaster gaoler etc

what I think would be really cool would be a second in command soldier that you assign, he can be a hero you build from the ground up, or an expensive hero that you can get, either way from time to time he gives you advise and tips, (The tips are corresponding as to what their job was before you hired them, soldiers will give you battle tips, merchants and priests can give you trade and some other tips, hunters food morale tips etc, you can assign only special heroes and those that stand beside the guild masters etc when you hire them and you have to venture into town.

make better camps, whenever I entrench my camp, it's pretty useless, the ai is too stupid to properly advance, make a proper map where you get a major advantage (Thus the point of the camp, there is a ditch running around the camp with water in it, the stakes in the ground block intruders so it might be smart to just cancel it altogether. you have options as to what you want to build in the minifort, the camp can be created over time into a solid fortress with options to build watch towers and assign archers insider them to watch over the fort as well as shoot down on subsequent attackers while they try to assault your hq.

So the entrenched camp is on a slightly elavated hill, there is a simply wall around it and a ditch running around the whole thing, the wall can be broken, perhaps to make it simpler just make the wall unbreakable but rather there is only one entrance to attack from, from that entrance they have to face the ditch, the watchtower which is basically a building filled with archers, some simple traps or basically stakes but they aren't really hindered. The point of this battlefield is to turn the tables when you are sieging a castle, basically sieging a castle goes hand in hand with this mini hq. Let's say you are sieging and a large campaign army comes back, you now have a better advantage, oh oh and if you create this fort you heal faster, thus in the heat of the battle you can create this fort and other parties can join you in it, so heavy campaigns won't be so bad. If possible even make this camp more permanent where you can assign a hero carpenter/engie to look over it and take care of it for a high price, the pro is that it can be upgraded and made into a real fort overseas, the con is that it's costly and takes a long time to upgrade. adding like a small farm area so you have constant food and a well so your troop morale is up, basically a lot of options like having a village. it however takes upkeep to keep.

Any battle taking place in the forest or specific parts of the mountain should start in the favour of the bandits, this forces the player to walk around the forests lest they get ambushed and slaughterd, basically in the forest there are many high chances that you can get hit by a larger previously unseen force. if possible even add roadways through forests that speed up travel but also act as a flag area, so basically when you travel on pathways, you go faster in exchange that bandits also like to wait on popular roads and when attacked near roads you go on a special map where you are on a road and is surrounded by a forest on both left and right, in the forests are bandits that throw stuff and come running down as the fight progresses and the remaining horde gets spawned in the front and charges you, there is no retreat, only surrender, thus players have to be very wary not to get attacked on these roads unless they know what they are doing. this map idea can apply to other areas too that will be advised to you via your men, setting up camp there or waiting there can mean a clear advantage when attacked as the map is shaped to your side, even better yet can be that certain areas will trigger new maps that help and hurt both sides (Like some maps help infantry but hurt archers.

fire flipping arrows, of course they can only work when there is no snow or rain. greek fire would also be lovely.

A better use for daggers and throwing knives, my advice is that they are given a small chance to break through blocks and shields thus making their sneakiness cooler, the exchange is that you can't block with them as well as low dmg and unable to block attacks, if possible, speed up the speed of drawing them out so as well as the speed of attacks and throws to a one very high. ( of course wielding these things with shields make them slower in usage so it's much better to use a sword in that sense.

make towns more go inable, this applies for castles and small villages, the main villages have plenty to do in the area so I'm cool with that, perhaps give some events that happen in every village at certain times of the week, an archery competition would be cool or even a throwing competition.

On the road or in town, you can get challenged by someone to a duel, in that said duel there is only you and him/her but they are very strong, doing it in a town can lower likeness or rise it, the you can turn it down and lose or gain relations but it drops morale for their captain being a coward.

blacksmith that can turn cracked and broken weapons into stronger finer ones, it however takes time and costs only slightly cheaper than simply buying the built up one.

something that the native expansion did called the black knight invasion, at some point in the future (For the native expansion you could set it) A small group of near unkillable knights under a lady ravages the land, there is only like 7 of them but they can take down the whole of calradia given time.

make special tournaments that take place in special maps, the tournament acts out like a small scale castle siege or ditch warfare etc. more gold but higher chance of death. also under tournaments are special quests that make you enter tournaments so you can go to feasts and poison or talk to certain characters, more sneakyness would be cool, like during the feast if you are given the quest, you have to go up to up to someone and if you have a sabotage quest, an option comes up to poison him, poisoning him makes in incapp for a few days, however you can be found out causing guards to attack you (Which you can pay off in advance to fight for you or disappear) You can even bribe servants to help you before hand etc. (They only carry knives) if you are found out (This can be based on your persuasion as it makes them warmer to you etc) Then you have to kill the guards and escape, you can't kill the lords or ladies, (It's like fighting drunkards in the bar they run away) However you have guards to deal with. getting caught can mean almost getting banned and completely hated by that faction, which is why the chances of failure is low due to the main character having need to invest a lot of time and money into doing it (If possible there are ways to fix the arena fight to your favour by making all all other contestants die after one hit, like you poison them for a price etc.)

a duck key, or a way for troops to drop down a pavise.

a way to escape any battle, when I join a lord in battle, I'm always the last standing if they lose, I can't quit or escape but only get caught.

A way to keep your army even if you are joined with a lord, like you pay for them but leave them somewhere etc.

more ways to storm a fort, attacking at night can be beneficial for you, like senarios where you attack through the front, also the defenders can attack you while you are building a siege tool and meet you outside the battlefield. Or even a senario where you sneak into the castle with only 5 men, the opposing force would be only like 10-20 men depending on army ratio. You could severely damage the troops inside by sneaking in at the cost of you getting caught and losing everything.

the ability to have a raid option, when attacking larger parties, you can have the option to do a hit and run, depending on the level of your tactics, you may win and get less deaths for more kills but you can't control the actual battle, after the hit and run it's impossible to do it again and sometimes the party chases you, better to do it at night. you cannot pick who you want to raid.

Well, there's a few things I like to see.

For one, I'd like to see some more ranged weapons (or maybe just the ammo if that's possible) that cause blunt damage for capturing. So far all the game has for ranged weapons outside of tournament and practice weapons which you can't use in a real fight that can consistently knock out targets are rocks and snowballs, which don't do enough damage to be effective and they're only throwing weapons anyway.

For another, while the tournaments themselves have been heavily modified, the melee fights have not. I'd like to see some options when it comes to that. In particular, I'd like to see some new arenas for them, and maybe some options to control what everybody wields.

Last, you know those "outlaw" heroes that appear on the map in large numbers? I'd like to see more done with them. For instance, if the player manages to beat them they could for free recruit the hero unit as a companion/lord. Anything else anyone can think of to make these outlaws more complete would help.

Back
Top Bottom