Reviving Floris Expanded Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

20 to 25 times bigger? Wow.

I may start to become annoying (or continue to be), but I stopped playing that mod with the huge Europe map because, when on the world map, I was damn lagging with FPS drops down to 5...

I love you, mr. Deathnoise, please resurrect Floris. My only suggestion/request would be to add battle continuation that allows you to give orders to your troops via the backspace menu, after being knocked out, like some other mods have. If you add that, it will make me very happy.

madmaximillian said:
I love you, mr. Deathnoise, please resurrect Floris. My only suggestion/request would be to add battle continuation that allows you to give orders to your troops via the backspace menu, after being knocked out, like some other mods have. If you add that, it will make me very happy.
Battle continuation can be nice. However, a ordinary soldier giving orders can be awkward RPG-wise. Maybe, your soldiers can be ranked accordingly and when you are knocked out, you can play as one of your remaining companions. Then, higher tiered can be played, and so on.
So, you always fight and give orders as a higher ranking soldier.
You can also add the code that makes the cattle follow you instead of you drive them onward.
Lastly, you can make Persuasion skill related with Charisma which most definitely makes more sense.

coolchucky said:
madmaximillian said:
Battle continuation can be nice. However, a ordinary soldier giving orders can be awkward RPG-wise. Maybe, your soldiers can be ranked accordingly and when you are knocked out, you can play as one of your remaining companions. Then, higher tiered can be played, and so on.
You can also add the code that makes the cattle follow you instead of you drive them onward.
Lastly, you can make Persuasion skill related with Charisma which most definitely makes more sense.
Each level in Persuasion should also increase the amount of recruits you can get, by one like Brytenwalda.

Ramsay Bolton said:
coolchucky said:
madmaximillian said:
Each level in Persuasion should also increase the amount of recruits you can get, by one like Brytenwalda.

Yeah but deathnoise already said that he would implement Lieutenants and so.

deathnoise said:
In Brytenwalda, Renown has a greater effect on party size. This is logical since the more you are known, the more people would like to follow you. This can be implemented in Floris as well. If need be, it can be tweaked a little. Below is an example in which the values are totally arbitrary:
It's going to be handled a different way. The more renown and the higher Charisma and Leadership is - the more troops you can promote to the ranks of Lieutenants/Cornets&Ensigns/Sergeants. The amount of lieutenants/Cornets&Ensigns/Sergeants in your party is going to provide additional bonus to the limit of troops that you can hire. It's more logical, imho. You can't lead an army of million people, alone, effectively. Regardless - of how good people know you. You need to decentralize your command a little bit, on the field.

The medieval army ranks go like that:
                                                                                                                            /->Cornet (cavalry)\
regular troops->Lance Corporal -> Corporal-> Sergeant (which carries the flag)->Ensign (infantry)- - >Lieutenant ->Captain (vassal) -> King

So, I reckon, you will have a base party size, i.e the amount of people you can manage. As you develop your Charisma and Leadership, you can promote one of your man to Lieutenant, hence he will aid you in managing a larger group and so on..
Seems quite logical and interesting.

Lol, no, I meant can you get rid of the new head morphs and put the native ones back in? I like those better. Also, will you implement Chel's combat scripts? Or consider it at least?

Mach25 said:
Lol, no, I meant can you get rid of the new head morphs and put the native ones back in? I like those better.
Nope, but you are going to have a chance to customize it the way you want, since I'm gonna release the mod with source code

Also, will you implement Chel's combat scripts? Or consider it at least?
For now - I don't plan introducing any magic-like skills/abilities into the mod.

Leifdin said:
What about some more powerful bandit?

Yep I was thinking about something on this matter. What if, say, Vikings war parties oftenly raids the lands (leading to medium to huge groups of strong ennemies) on early to medium-level game, and then, when the player becomes really strong (stable income, lots of fiers, and so on) the war parties come with Lords trying to conquer Calradia?

deathnoise said:
Mach25 said:
Lol, no, I meant can you get rid of the new head morphs and put the native ones back in? I like those better.
Nope, but you are going to have a chance to customize it the way you want, since I'm gonna release the mod with source code

Also, will you implement Chel's combat scripts? Or consider it at least?
For now - I don't plan introducing any magic-like skills/abilities into the mod.

There is no silly magic crap in this combat system. Look at this thread here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,62230.0.html
If you can help me, I'm wailling to work on this myself, I just need help getting this M&B thing into Warband format.

Mach25 said:
If you can help me, I'm wailling to work on this myself, I just need help getting this M&B thing into Warband format.

Only Sprint & Healing makes sense, for now. It's going to be implemented different way (sprint is going to be based on recheargable stamina bar).

The rest of these skills looks like magic to me. No one gets twice stronger or three times as intelligent just because he has "focused" himself on the target, or because he has started to scream.

deathnoise said:
Mach25 said:

Only Sprint & Healing makes sense, for now. It's going to be implemented different way (sprint is going to be based on recheargable stamina bar).

The rest of these skills looks like magic to me. No one gets twice stronger or three times as intelligent just because he has "focused" himself on the target, or because he has started to scream.

I kinda agree, but I'd just like the sprint. Or maybe the first-aid if it takes a pretty long time... You can't patch a wound in 5 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom