Difficulty Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Krylo

Recruit
Hi - new user to this mod. I was just wondering if this is normal. I just created a character and he has high Power Draw and Archery Proficiency. Anyways, I am encountering a problem in the first quest. The one where you need to kill bandits, etc. There is a bandit leader who is like extremely overpowered. I do no damage except to when I shoot his legs, and even then I only do like 5-10 damage, but he one hits all my soldiers and me as well. I have my Combat AI, Campaign AI set to Good and Combat Speed is Fastest. Any problems here, or suggestions for this?

I mean is it only hard for this part or does it get somewhat easier?

oblgi.jpg

Krylo said:
Hi - new user to this mod. I was just wondering if this is normal. I just created a character and he has high Power Draw and Archery Proficiency. Anyways, I am encountering a problem in the first quest. The one where you need to kill bandits, etc. There is a bandit leader who is like extremely overpowered. I do no damage except to when I shoot his legs, and even then I only do like 5-10 damage, but he one hits all my soldiers and me as well. I have my Combat AI, Campaign AI set to Good and Combat Speed is Fastest. Any problems here, or suggestions for this?

I mean is it only hard for this part or does it get somewhat easier?
Where did you start?
And no, it never gets easier.

ZnasVecKo said:
I would argue that. I think that the game, with 25 HAs, and 50 Barclay Heavy Footmen makes it a lot easier. (I play as a mercenary until I set up my own kingdom, so that I don't have massive super nations all up in mah grill.)

fidoman1272 said:
ZnasVecKo said:
I would argue that. I think that the game, with 25 HAs, and 50 Barclay Heavy Footmen makes it a lot easier. (I play as a mercenary until I set up my own kingdom, so that I don't have massive super nations all up in mah grill.)
Still, if you screw up early game and hire non-mercenary troops, it's hard.

ZnasVecKo said:
fidoman1272 said:
ZnasVecKo said:
Still, if you screw up early game and hire non-mercenary troops, it's hard.
Can't argue with that  :mrgreen:

Never really had a problem with a non-merc run.

Hiring those nobles in taverns doesn't count since they are trained into non-merc rogue knights.

Alavaria said:
Never really had a problem with a non-merc run.

Hiring those nobles in taverns doesn't count since they are trained into non-merc rogue knights.
Yes it does; they are hired in taverns, therefore making them mercenaries, and they can also be trained into HAs.

habeo123 said:
Never trained HA. I always get Rogue Knights for that low wage. Liking Western one the most though, they use axes and is more reliable.
Never trained HA? Never trained HA?! You march yo' ass right back into Warband, and train train some HA!  :lol:

I've rescued lots of Rogue XXYY Knight, those aren't mercs. I hardly hire actually. And all my Rogue Knights are rescued since you can't hire them or Rogue Squires anywhere.

None of them have the 50% higher wages that you pay merc units of the same level.

I have not yet had to really make use of my 100 Rogue Knights. Somehow I seem to find enough knights in prisoner trains, I wonder why the enemy lords think bringing along tons of prisoners is a good idea when I'm roaming around my lands with tons of guys.
habeo123 said:
Never trained HA. I always get Rogue Knights for that low wage. Liking Western one the most though, they use axes and is more reliable.
Always go Rogue Knights myself. The southern ones are probably the worst.

Southern is definitely the worst. They can't even get properly armored warhorse while Western get the awesome Ironbreed Charger.

Explained by the crappy troop standard of the Empire.

Alavaria said:
I've rescued lots of Rogue XXYY Knight, those aren't mercs. I hardly hire actually. And all my Rogue Knights are rescued since you can't hire them or Rogue Squires anywhere.

None of them have the 50% higher wages that you pay merc units of the same level.

I have not yet had to really make use of my 100 Rogue Knights. Somehow I seem to find enough knights in prisoner trains, I wonder why the enemy lords think bringing along tons of prisoners is a good idea when I'm roaming around my lands with tons of guys.
habeo123 said:
Always go Rogue Knights myself. The southern ones are probably the worst.
100 rouge knights?
Simple use for them. 3, the F3 in any and all battles.
I can only imagine how it would go down:

*rumble* *rumble* *rumble*
Jatu: "What's that noise?"
Rouge Knights: "SURPRISE MOTHER&#^@#*S!"

fidoman1272 said:
Simple use for them. 3, the F3 in any and all battles.
I can only imagine how it would go down:

*rumble* *rumble* *rumble*
Jatu: "What's that noise?"
Rouge Knights: "SURPRISE MOTHER&#^@#*S!"

These forums need a "Like This Post" message just for posts like these, its not often I actually lol when I type lol :razz:

habeo123 said:
Rogue Knight is the new standard of Swadian Knight, but is more awesome in color.
There's so many types, Northern, Eastern, Western, Southern and just Rogue Knight. Collect them all!

(I think the Northern ones actually use bows, sometimes). Southern and Foreign might show up with crossbows which is just annoying.

habeo123 said:
Southern is definitely the worst. They can't even get properly armored warhorse while Western get the awesome Ironbreed Charger.

Explained by the crappy troop standard of the Empire.

Actually Southern knights are D'Shar, Foreign are Empire.

And yeah, rogue knights are the way to go early and mid game.

Nikomakkos said:
And yeah, rogue knights are the way to go early and mid game.
After a while, it gets boring steamrolling small parties with knights.

MyArmy.jpg

(All those lords will be in the upcoming battle)

MyForce.jpg

It's funny that you can supercharge your CKO and then get a ton of them at once by taking on a "challenge".

Back
Top Bottom