Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

because it doesn't work for warband and he doesn't feel like porting it to warband, so

1: there is no download link for warband because there is no version for warband, so he can't post it anywhere
2: there won't be any version for warband because he doesn't want to, for various reasons

I think the only advantages of porting to warband is that the engine seems to be a little better and the melee combat improved a lot.

But I can understand why you're not to keen on doing it.

Might sound like a stupid suggestion but what one might try to do is raise enough funds for a project like this to be ported to warband as silly as this might sound bottom line still remains there is no equivalent mod like this for warband and although this mod still requires a lot of work just on what we have atm it's really good and made me go back to just playing mount and blade.

If you are interested send me a pm and maybe I can help you get something like this setup, I'm also very keen on getting aboard the development side so if you need help I could possible lend this project some of my time, but there's always option.

I've been developing a mod for another game for the past 2 years and I know it's a lot of work I've setup a premium to get some funds to keep developing the mod and it really took off and still going strong.

Interesting, but if I say it's hard to port to Warband, I mean: hard!

Let me explain. The Module System contains of files with scripts. Modding this is same as adding / removing / modifying pieces of scripts. E1805 has about 1000 (much more actually) different pieces of code which have to be put exactly at the right position in Warband.

Some scripts are made by Berthout, some are mine, some are OSP. Some of these scripts aren't marked with this: "##### - Quintillius - ##### (start) ##" for example. This makes porting this very hard.

Also porting everything to Warband does not outweight all costs. The only benefits are improved graphics, some features and improved AI. Things you can add to E1805. Don't forget that we have included the 'Improved Textures OSP'. Also M&B II has been released yet at the time we finish porting the mod.

To make things short: E1805 is never going to be ported to Warband.

Thanks for your ideas though!  :razz:

There's no need to be so blunt.

Here's a link to L'aigle. A mod with the same premise as Europe 1805 but shaping up to look much better.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/laigle

Back
Top Bottom