SP Native [WB] Tale of a Slave - New Screenshots pg 1

Users who are viewing this thread

DocSocrates

Recruit
Tale of a Slave
cq7krqw9m2q3y4rfg.jpg
Story
Tale of a Slave is a quest heavy mod where the player plays as a run away slave from the Sarranid Empire. The player first chooses where the character came from, either a natural born Sarranid, or a Swadian. This comes important later on when the player interacts with NPCs. Other choices such as what your profession was before you were in-slaved, and other questions will be given to you.

You will then read about how your character worked hard to build and serve the people that enslaved you. Finally, you learn that your character had found a way to escape, and so, the character gathered up a large company other slaves and managed to escape. For weeks your character and several other people hiked through the desert in search of new life. By the time you reach civilization again, several of the party members have perished, but before they celebrated their triumph, they are attacked by 3 slavers. At this point I shall end the story, so that you can enjoy the rest later on. They were the last of the slave hunters sent after them after they ran away. The party of slaves now need to kill these slavers, or else they would go back to the life that they once had. I'll end the story here, so that I won't ruin any more.

Summary/Planned Features
As I said in the Story portion, Tale of a Slave is a quest driven mod that will send the player through the levels with quests. Starting from a slave and then working up all the way up to fame and fortune, using the people of the land.

- New Map (Egypt, or a map similar to the Egypt map in Napoleon TW)
- Two Cultures (Sarranidish and Swadian) With Sarranid being the major culture and Swadians being a small crusader state
- Several side-quests that give substantial rewards per quest
- Quests that, if completed, help you take castles
- Good stories with vivid characters
- Middle-eastern stylized armor and weapons
- An invading faction
The faction you were a slave for
- Several factions (Most being of the same culture will still have different armor/weapon/troop variation)
- Varied Caravans (Basic caravans, Rich Caravans, and Slave Trade Caravans) Each with guards ect.
- Possibly Physical effects such as dieing variations
- Several custom maps
- Other features will be added later in development

Screenshots
Crusader Armor
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,284084.msg6759075.html#msg6759075

Current Developers
- Socrates (Coding, Grand Map, Story, Map-Making)
- NightHawk (Head Mapper, Physics and Modeling)

Beta Testers will be added later

Thanks for reading, if you have a comment or any suggestions please comment below!

Want to show support? Check out this sig!

Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,284084.0.html][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/fG7uiws.png[/IMG][/url]

Disclaimer
We will not be having any images or mentions of Muhammad

Reserved...

P.S, if you want to Post pics of Middle-eastern armor/Weapons, that would be great?

Know more? Want to be a historian? PM me or add me on steam [3eVolt]Socrates

Swadian States' Armor Screenshots

The Swadian states are the Mod's "Crusader states" and will represent a faction that  the player can interact with. Though the Swadian states will have new armor, they will still have some roots in Swadian equipment.

These armors though were made by another team of two, whom we will ask if we may use in the mod. Their names will be added to the credits.
Screenshots
98169754.png

armor34render.png

botharmors.png

69211324.jpg
Credits
-Kovas, main item developer
-MADTAO, teutonic and lithuanian symbols texture's creator.
-Brego, some items were made by him.

Sorry for delay, but I've been having problems with Thorgrim's Map Editor and haven't been able to make the grand map just yet.

If anyone knows a fix for the editor (Not being able to see any buttons on Import and Options) please let me know.

Thanks

Brego said:
Remember to add Kovas to the credits list as he made the majority of the items in that pack :wink:

I will add him. As you can see I copied and pasted what was in the pack's credit list and I forgot to add him, but I just fixed the credits.

Good luck with the mod Socrates. Hit me up if you need anything, here are some pics
Ottoman_Soldier_by_Ischler.jpg
Mameluke-in-Full-Armour.jpg
circ1je7.jpg
janissaryheavyinfantryld0.jpg
Tours.bmp
ottoman_army_by_byzantinum.jpg
saracen_warriors_by_byzantinum.jpg
images
image003.jpg
16450401555324_fatimidfaris.jpg
saracensandreykarashchu.jpg
images