Pest Lords

Users who are viewing this thread

IVocturnal

Recruit
Something weird happening with the lords of defeated factions in my game. For some reason they keep swarming around what ever town I control instead of joining another factions or leaving the realm like they normally do. Though funny thing that happened is I left my faction and took over a town and then as soon as that happened they left the town I previously owned and started swarming around the new one. There's about 10-15 of them and they aren't joining any factions so all the factions have pretty much the same amount of lords they started with. Don't know why it's happening.

Problem is they wont try to join my faction either so the only way to get them to join my faction is to persuade them as if they were still part of another faction even though their faction is destroyed, which has proven futile so far.

IVocturnal said:
Problem is they wont try to join my faction either so the only way to get them to join my faction is to persuade them as if they were still part of another faction even though their faction is destroyed, which has proven futile so far.

Same thing has been happening in all my games with the recent patch. It's difficult to persuade them when the faction the lord is in also has 1 - 3 lords around him in the same faction. Some have even entered my castle and I tried recruiting them there, even with high relations they would not join. In one game a lot of the small kingdoms and a few medium ones were destroyed fairly quickly by some of the more larger, powerful kingdoms. There were many lords just roaming, pillaging if they had enough troops or just sitting there with no troops doing nothing.

The same thing has happened since I patched to 1.41.  The pest lords all seem to believe that my castle is their home. When the Mumain turned up in force to besiege Din Tagel, the pest lords all moved into the castle saying they needed to defend it, so I had over 1000 extra men there! It meant I didn't lose the castle but it's effectively changing the whole game dynamic. Presumably there is a line of code somewhere that makes defeated faction lords believe the player's castle is their home base.

There are also other factions that haven't been defeated even though they have lost every settlement months ago so there constant raids by piddling war parties from factions that should have been wiped out.

I've never had this problem with native. I've started a new game of brytenwalda 1.41 and the same thing is happening: defeated faction lords wander around my castle and don't join other factions. Also factions don't get defeated until all their lords are captured because they don't seem to want to join another faction even when they have no territory. These defeated faction lords are able to recruit troops from somewhere too, normally a lord without a fife has a tiny warband but these pest lords can often field 150 men.

Hey there,

i noticed at this bug that the Seaxe-Realms are still remaining without any properties while Ceregion is "defeated" but still has Lords wich thinks they belong to it.

It doesn't make sense to me :grin:

and there are a lot of Seaxe and Brycheniog Lords wich are assembling at Hyrne Ceaster (allways belonged to Lindisware, never to them o_O)

These pest lords are really annoying me. I'm thinking of going back to 1.4 but now I've patched warband to 1.158, I'm not sure if it will be compatible and I can't see any downloads for 1.153 on Taleworlds, only the latest version. So I'm stuck. It throws out the whole game.

Aghhhh!! I'm hopelessly addicted to Brytenwalda.

Osric the Cattle Raider said:
These pest lords are really annoying me. I'm thinking of going back to 1.4 but now I've patched warband to 1.158, I'm not sure if it will be compatible and I can't see any downloads for 1.153 on Taleworlds, only the latest version. So I'm stuck. It throws out the whole game.

Aghhhh!! I'm hopelessly addicted to Brytenwalda.

same here :grin:

It works again, I have a little error with Berneccia and Alt Cult but the others faction that was deafeated now their vassals join a new kingdom. Mierce has three more vassals and is a kind of funny xD
Thanks man! It works now :grin:

How long have you waited sir joselito?
because i'm trying it to at the moment and nothing happens.
South Seaxe for example still has all of his lords and no fiefs, i've tried it now an "ingame week" 7 brytenwalda days and well, still south seaxe isn't defeated and has still all of his lords o_O

are you sure that you have seen defeated lords joining? because the "king banned xy, xy fleed to upperlowerworthingtonblabla" have i seen before, not so often as usual but i've seen it.

oh well... i don't have such a savegame. my pc was on his way to heaven and I've reanimated him 2 weeks ago and have installed Warband and Brytenwalda new, without the old savegames.
so i couldn't play the mod any longer? :sad:

Lerfrid said:
oh well... i don't have such a savegame. my pc was on his way to heaven and I've reanimated him 2 weeks ago and have installed Warband and Brytenwalda new, without the old savegames.
so i couldn't play the mod any longer? :sad:

Firstly, we need see if that patch fixed issue.
While, you can play normally, defeated lords wont attack u  :grin:

This is bizarre. I went back to v.1.4 Brytenwalda with 1.158 Warband and started a new game. Everything worked perfectly, factions were destroyed and lords defected. I took a castle: no problem - no pest lords, then I took a town - still no pest lords. Then, a while after I'd taken the town, a load of lords who had been Mercian and Rheged (but had since joined other factions when Mercia and Rheged were defeated) suddenly rejoined their old factions which didn't exist and then came over to my town with their 'patrolling round the areas near my home' nonsense - the return of the accursed pest lords!!

Anyway, now I have put 1.41 back on then put the pest lords fix on and I'm waiting to see what happens with an old 1.4 save game. The game I was playing which was also 1.4 still has the pest lords after the fix. The older 1.4 game where i was only on day 23 so its too early to say but Dal riada are now defeated and a month in game time later there have been no lords defecting.

I'm going to start another new game with the patched 1.41 version and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom