Jómsvíkingar [Recruiting]

Users who are viewing this thread

OK, everyone, enough with the insults and the lofty oaths of revenge. Inasmuch as there are real issues here, they won't be solved with petty catfights. Either keep things civilized, or don't bother.

[Deleted a couple of posts]

This thread is pretty hilarious, thanks for the laughs.

hrotha said:
OK, everyone, enough with the insults and the lofty oaths of revenge. Inasmuch as there are real issues here, they won't be solved with petty catfights. Either keep things civilized, or don't bother.

[Deleted a couple of posts]

Warn/Mute/Ban, it keeps the forums in line.

It's how I keep the Scandinavian forums readable despite all of us being alcoholics.

I would signal to Ragnar he can erase my name in the list of the Jomsborg members, so I am officialy not a Jomsborg member anyone, and let my rank of Geirrmadr (we lack Geirrmadr in this clan) to another young Svennr willing to take up the spear :smile:

Jan Arie said:
I agree on the point, that measures must be taken by the group leader if there happens to be trouble with members, but the one who should be adressed is the individual him/herself.
As a matter of course an offender is always addressed himself. But if he is part of a group this group respectively its leadership has to be addressed as well. A leader is characterised by having influence on the people he is leading. If he does not have that influence he is in actual fact not their leader. The fact that a leader has a much stronger influence on his people than others is why at the same time he is bearing responsibility for them.

Jan Arie said:
Ragnar, or any other clanleader, is not responsible for a certain mindset an individual player has, so casting the blame on the leader, or even the entire clan, is in my view, plainly unlogic, and very unfair to the innocents who suddenly get flamed and branded by the community in the result.
In this regard someone's mindset is of no importance if it does not prevent him from obeying the rules that are considered to be universally by the majority.

Jan Arie said:
Ragnar is doing his best to keep things under control, he warns the players who misbehave, and bans those that refuse to listen.
I am sure Ragnarr is taking action against offenders, yet by the looks of it he simply is not doing enough or maybe not the right thing.
It would not be anything special that the majority of clan members that have had to be punished by the administrators are Jómsvíkingar when you are only considering that they are the largest clan. However it is quite suspicious when you see that currently the only players who violate the rules basically are either public players or Jómsvíkingar. This strongly suggests that the Jómsvíkingar are in fact much worse structured than the other clans, which in turn justifies the criticism.
At least what happened at Dněprŭ clearly shows that the Jómsvíkingar have difficulties to act like the tight-knit community some of them like to represent themselves as.

Jan Arie said:
And it should not be him who is to blame for a mistake or misbehaviour that was unforseen by him and the members.
Of course, when someone goes berserk without any prior warning no one else but he himself is to blame. Yet it seems that the Jómsvíkingar are not even watching out for possible warnings when recruiting new members. People you do not know can not really do something unexpected because there is nothing yet to nourish any expectations in general. The reason that so many Jómsvíkingar apparently do unexpected things seems to be that they simply do not know each other that well.

Orchid said:
I understand you are eagerly defending and flattering Ragnar, quite possibly because you have your eyes set on rising through these silly ranks that have been put in place. But to deny the disorderly conduct displayed by many Jomsborg, you must either be blinded by love for Ragnar or blind entirely.
Skaldnir already holds a special rank among the Jómsvíkingar. My guess is that he is blinded by a false sense of loyalty.

Orchid said:
Now I seem to recall from a discussion Fródwine and I had with you that you weren't exactly the brightest fish in the pond, but I do hope, however, you preserve at least a modicum of an intellectual integrity and don't ever say such stupid things again.
I myself remember this discussion but, I reckon, I always hope for people to broaden their mind as time goes by. Hope dies last, I guess.

Jan Arie said:
There is truth in your words, along with the evidence I was looking for[.]
That is a step in the right direction, Skaldnir. If you really care for the Jómsvíkingar you should not threaten their critics but instead listen to them and try to improve the situation of your clan. At least in my case the will to help the Jómsvíkingar is what makes me write all this.

Jan Arie said:
I find these underlined statements an insult and a mockery of my good name and my reputation in the Vikingr community.
I might be wrong here, but as far as I know you do not have much of a reputation in Víkingr. People like Þorkell, Hroþa, Eiríkr, Ubbe, skvor and so on are the ones that do.

Jan Arie said:
Good, then consider yourself a personal enemy of mine.
You may not take this serious, but I do.
You may think "this is just another internet warrior", but know that I hold tight on my virtues, no matter what time and place.
This threat is not doing you any favour, believe me. Apart from that it is entirely idle, it is also entirely misguided in general.

Orchid said:
However, proof is what you require, proof is what your faithful servant delivers.
Wigmund is clearly being satirical to some extent here. And if you knew him you would know that he tends to be like that in general, which is something most people cherish him for. However, by taking him as seriously as you do, you are making yourself look like a fool. It is a bit like a squire challenging the jester to a duel.

Jan Arie said:
As ridiculous as though you and others might find it, this is a principle I live by, and I will not remain idle on it.
What are you going to do about it then?

As a side note, maybe you should less eagerly declare someone you barely know an enemy of yours. It is easy to catch a Tartar that way, which in an extreme case can turn it into a principle to die rather than to live by.

nacholoko16 said:
Trying to help. Hughs lovely players.
It is good to see a Jómsvíkingar speaking out to actually solve a problem and not to just blindly defend the Jómsvíkingar regardless of the circumstances.

If people are still interested, it might be a good idea to discuss what actions should and could be taken to get the Jómsvíkingar to work as a proper clan. Personally I feel like the current situation really is avoidable.

Im oficcially out of the Jomsborgs, got my own reasons. Anyway must say thanks for everything i experienced in this clan! We keep the contact, we keep the games and best of luck to the clan!!!

My dear warriors of our brotherhood.

I want to take a break from the leadership for a unknown time, and since Leifr hasn't the time to do the job, we will vote someone as the Jarl to take the reins of the Jomsborg for a while.

The vote will be on the next Ting on November the 21th.

Berjasþ með Heiðri eða ðeyjá með Heiðri!

Result from the Jarl vote: It's Ragnarr.

cat-joy-bursting.jpg

Because no one wanted the place. Well. As new Jarl of the Jómsvíkingar my plans are: Throwing the inactives out, leading new people in and see if they prove theirselfs as good warriors in our lines. And aswell I try to be less a **** against admins, others, and in generell.

Yay...

RagnarGerman said:

cat-joy-bursting.jpg

Because no one wanted the place. Well. As new Jarl of the Jómsvíkingar my plans are: Throwing the inactives out, leading new people in and see if they prove theirselfs as good warriors in our lines. And aswell I try to be less a **** against admins, others, and in generell.

Yay...

I'll take over as Jarl of the Jomsborg. :wink:

TirAeda said:
RagnarGerman said:

cat-joy-bursting.jpg

Yay...

1. Too late.
2. You're not a member of Jomsborg.
3. Áed pliz dunt be a dik.

RagnarGerman said:
TirAeda said:
RagnarGerman said:

cat-joy-bursting.jpg

Yay...

1. Too late.
2. You're not a member of Jomsborg.
3. Áed pliz dunt be a dik.
It's never too late to be all glorious leader of the People's Republic of Jomsborg. :smile:
You didn't specify that you had to be a member? If so, I didn't see it and thus I would like to be candidate. The Federal government of Germany allows this.
And I'm not. Just saying. Could use me as the leader. :'D T'is not a crime.

Back
Top Bottom