Jómsvíkingar [Recruiting]

Users who are viewing this thread

RagnarGerman said:
Borgarrson said:
It was good playing with some members of this clan today. I'm Hólskuldr.

I hope you haven't got a bad view on us.  :wink:

Not really, you guys showed me alot. I am new in m&b online, and my ping was so high, you guys saw it. But, I did my best, I hope YOU guys didn't get a bad idea of me, haha.

Was very nice to play with you fella! Got a bad ping know how it fells :grin:, be welcome enjoy it and most important have fun!

Aklis said:
That's good enough. As the leader of a clan, you are directly responsible for every member. You are supposedly the liaison between your clan and the admins, in this case Hroða, who had to sort out the mess that you made.
If I may be so blunt, everyone is responsible of his/her own deeds, wether it be here, or the outside world.

Of course everyone is responsible for his own actions and only his own, but I reckon everyone realises that anyway. And as far as I can tell that is exactly why Hærger is criticising Ragnarr here. The deeds of a person constitute his behaviour which consists not only of actions but also inactions. Every single Jómsvíkingr is responsible for how he is treating other Jómsvíkingar. Everyone is responsible of holding everyone else responsible.
When a Jómsvíkingr is guilty of a misdeed, it is his responsibility to bear the consequences while it is the responsibility of everyone else to ensure that he is indeed suffering them. Since nobody is born a Jómsvíkingr it is the Jómsvíkingars' responsibility to ensure that every single one of them abides by the rules. If a Jómsvíkingr does not do that, the others have two choices: Either they force him to abide by the rules and expel him in case they are not able to, or they neglect the violation and thereby attest that they themselves disregard the rules. Obviously the latter would cause the Víkingr community to hold the Jómsvíkingar responsible for this decision. Every Jómsvíkingr who did not agree to the decision and is therefore not responsible for it would be free to leave the Jómsvíkingar in order to avoid the community's blame. If he stayed with the Jómsvíkingar nonetheless though, he would be responsible for this very decision himself and consequently the community would be justified to reprimand him like every other Jómsvíkingr.

I agree on the point, that measures must be taken by the group leader if there happens to be trouble with members, but the one who should be adressed is the individual him/herself.
Ragnar, or any other clanleader, is not responsible for a certain mindset an individual player has, so casting the blame on the leader, or even the entire clan, is in my view, plainly unlogic, and very unfair to the innocents who suddenly get flamed and branded by the community in the result.
Ragnar is doing his best to keep things under control, he warns the players who misbehave, and bans those that refuse to listen.
And it should not be him who is to blame for a mistake or misbehaviour that was unforseen by him and the members.

Jan Arie said:
Ragnar is doing his best to keep things under control, he warns the players who misbehave, and bans those that refuse to listen.

Ragnar hasn't kept anything under control since the birth of the Jómsvíkingar. The amount of Jomsvikings kicked and banned at seemingly every single event is proof of that.

Vidirhrafn said:
Ragnar hasn't kept anything under control since the birth of the Jómsvíkingar. The amount of Jomsvikings kicked and banned at seemingly every single event is proof of that.
Unless you've got evidence of that claim, I don't believe you.

Also note that I said Ragnar is doing his best to keep things under control.

Vidirhrafn said:
Jan Arie said:

You know nothing, Úlfr Snow.

Jan Arie said:
Vidirhrafn said:
Unless you've got evidence of that claim, I don't believe you.
You remind me of Comical Ali. I understand you are eagerly defending and flattering Ragnar, quite possibly because you have your eyes set on rising through these silly ranks that have been put in place. But to deny the disorderly conduct displayed by many Jomsborg, you must either be blinded by love for Ragnar or blind entirely. However, proof is what you require, proof is what your faithful servant delivers.

Leifr Eiríksson said:
Thorkell has banned Randolf Jomsborg for repeated use of CAPS LOCK IN CHAT and for circumnavigating the map-mute by reconnecting.
From the following (closed) thread:
Celtic said:
Some members of the Jomsborg clan were banned during the SWE, for breaking rules of said event and therefore that is between the admins and the banned player. Every time someone is banned from the SWE we announce why in game. If you failed to see it, then there is nothing I can do. Further more, spamming PMs to me in this Forum is not the way to win with me. Being patient and polite is - you have done neither.
From the same thread:
Leifr said:
Jomsviking members were proving problematic at the last SWE and thus incurred my insurmountable wrath. Two were kicked (as far as I remember) for ignoring event rules, and one muted for displaying a ****ty attitude.
From another closed thread:
The Jómsvíkingar spammed the chat despite being told that wasn't the way to go about it. Björn then posted those two comments so he was muted.
Gibby said:
Not being funny, but I reckon you Jomsborg lot have killed this fragile mod community off. Not seen any remote signs of recovery since the event split, and the private clan server tonight didn't help matters. Oh well. Nice goin' and that.
hrotha said:
Dreki of Jómsborg has been banned for a period no shorter than a week and no longer than all eternity.
Porkie responding to Jomsborg grunt #64,478 on why he got kicked:
Dansk viking said:
It is not a permanent ban. You misbehaved during the event, including at least one intentional teamkill and a few more teamkill attempts. When you joined Hildileikr it wasn't really a hard choice for me. You'll probably be unbanned during the week (the next server restart).
Dansk viking said:
Marcinez said:
So, I got banned by someone calling himself an admin, one week or more ago. I don't really know why he banned me, but whatever I did to him and his family or his boyfriend, I'm very sorry. Really. I'm sorry like hell.
My ingame name is Mar_Geirrmadr_Jomsborg
I love you all.

Ban prolonged indefinitely.
Leifr Eiríksson said:
Unfortunately, from personal experience, the admin-hammer tends to fall mostly on a few familiar Jomsborg names - repeatedly. And again, from personal experience, when this hammer does fall there is an utter outrage by the remaining Jomsborg that I feel more inclined to continue clicking.

Just a few examples, do with that as you wish. Now I seem to recall from a discussion Fródwine and I had with you that you weren't exactly the brightest fish in the pond, but I do hope, however, you preserve at least a modicum of an intellectual integrity and don't ever say such stupid things again. I would have you know that, in much of the civilised world, court sentences for denial of the Holocaust are on par with those for denial of Jomsborg misconduct.

What about make a deal amigos... We are fighting on forums every single time :smile:. So i purpose this idea, everytime someone trolls(jomsborg or non) take a print(printscreen) and put on forum. Then we can focus that case and take the correctly punishment for being and ******* on the game. I hate trolls, hate kids and i totally agree that we must clean the game of them. So better than fight on foruns for all the eternity and didnt solve anything, we could take a print of the troll moment and punish the person. Just an idea, no need to insult me, harras me or start a fight with me. Trying to help. Hughs lovely players.

Orchid said:
You remind me of Comical Ali. I understand you are eagerly defending and flattering Ragnar, quite possibly because you have your eyes set on rising through these silly ranks that have been put in place[/b]. But to deny the disorderly conduct displayed by many Jomsborg, you must either be blinded by love for Ragnar or blind entirely[/b]. However, proof is what you require, proof is what your faithful servant delivers.

Just a few examples, do with that as you wish. Now I seem to recall from a discussion Fródwine and I had with you that you weren't exactly the brightest fish in the pond

There is truth in your words, along with the evidence I was looking for, but, I find these underlined statements an insult and a mockery of my good name and my reputation in the Vikingr community.
I'll have you know, that I will not take these lightly.
As ridiculous as though you and others might find it, this is a principle I live by, and I will not remain idle on it.
I do not forgive, and I do not forget this act.

Jan Arie said:
Orchid said:
You remind me of Comical Ali. I understand you are eagerly defending and flattering Ragnar, quite possibly because you have your eyes set on rising through these silly ranks that have been put in place[/b]. But to deny the disorderly conduct displayed by many Jomsborg, you must either be blinded by love for Ragnar or blind entirely[/b]. However, proof is what you require, proof is what your faithful servant delivers.

Just a few examples, do with that as you wish. Now I seem to recall from a discussion Fródwine and I had with you that you weren't exactly the brightest fish in the pond

There is truth in your words, along with the evidence I was looking for, but, I find these underlined statements an insult and a mockery of my good name and my reputation in the Vikingr community.
As ridiculous as though you and others might find it, this is a principle I live by, and I will not remain idle on it.
Stop the discussions god sake......

Jan Arie said:
I find these underlined statements extremely relative and insignificant on an internet forum.

RagnarGerman said:
I please everyone to just delete their posts about this discussions, make them in a Teamspeak or in Steam or whatever but stop filling my clan thread with your complains.

Free blowjobs for everybody!

Please no ban

Orchid said:
Jan Arie said:
I find these underlined statements extremely relative and insignificant on an internet forum.
Good, then consider yourself a personal enemy of mine.
You may not take this serious, but I do.
You may think "this is just another internet warrior", but know that I hold tight on my virtues, no matter what time and place.

Guys seriously. I already wasted my best inapproriate joke for today and you just keep going? I find that to be very disrespectful and now you've made me sad :cry:

Back
Top Bottom