Jómsvíkingar [Recruiting]

Users who are viewing this thread

Mercenaries without mercy, Jómsvíkingar!

Last time updated:05.10.2017

gEI26cD.jpg

jomsvikingbancopy.png

sbannerd.png

Serpentine son of the mischievous God Loki and the Frost Goddess Angrboda. He is a monstrous serpent, destined to die by Thor’s hand at the battle of Ragnarök. According to legend, the god Odin, in an attempt to forestall the inevitable, captured the great snake and threw him into the ocean, where he grew so large, he encircled the earth. He is also known as the Midgård Serpent. Jormungandr is sometimes pictured with three heads, symbolic of his existence in all three realms of Norse Cosmology
mere2.gif

Old norse: Miðgarðsormr
English: World Serpent or Midgard Serpent
Swedish: Midgårdsormen
German: Midgardschlange

A symbol of fear on the seas, many vikings belived that sailing with a viking boat means that Miðgarðsormr could come to eat the whole ship.

We bring this banner to war as a symbol of fear that our enemies will fear us when we fight them.

OUR TRAILER!

Það kvað jarl að æri
unnviggs fyrir haf sunnan,
þá er á seima særi
sárelda spjör váru:
öllungis hefir illa,
eybaugs, ef skalt deyja,
vér hyggjum það viggja
valdur, þinn faðir haldið.

35. Kapítuli, Jómsvíkinga saga

Jómsvíkingar is a Vikingr Mod clan dedicated to the Northmenn faction
our clan tag is _Jomsborg
ellardsworth__perilous_negotiations_by_maracanda-d79sc38.png

50px-Valknut-Symbol-triquetra.svg.png

Men of Jomsborg
Kirgarða af Jómsborg

Ragnarr Jarl Haraldursson

Jarl
Ragnarr 

Húskarlar
Leifr
Olafr
Hallsteinn
Jöfursteinn
Hjalmarr
Farlknut
Drengr
Fridgeir
Randolf
Haakon

Eiðsvari
Valgardr
Folkbjörn

Felagi
Eirikr
Stentholt
Knut
Ansgar
Asvaldr
Gauti
Skallgrim
Warenhari
Thorsteinn
Reika
Thorhall
Valberg
Ivar
Herjolfr
Hermundr
Gunnar (inactive)
Anund (inactive)
Arnulf (inactive)
Gunnolf (inactive)
Beilr (inactive)

Hvendrungr
Magnus

Skald
Skaldnir

Vaeringjar
Valbjörn (Leading) (Inactive)
Eir
Grid Ax (Inactive)

Fríski
Wiglaf (Berserkr)
Bassguri

Skjaldmaerjar
Brynhildr (Or Hilde)
Katlin (Inactive)

Svennar
Arulfr
Bjarni
Egill
Haeleifr
Ulfgeir
Eysteinn
Dag
Torsten
Thyfr
Eldgrim
Björn

eBUai7S.jpg

We are all equal in Jomsborg as brothers. The rankings you find is just there to keep order, but you got the same worth as any other man, if you have been proven to be a brave and honourful warrior that is. Only the Jarl  has power to give orders on the battlefield, but when deciding on important matters, we hold Ting, for all men to be able to tell their opinion.

17_t.jpg
JOIN THE ARMY

Ranks

Skjaldmær        Úlfheðinn
                    |                          |
Svennr -> Felagi ---------->  Húskarl
                    |                          |
                Geirrmadr            Berserkr

Special ranks
Jarl
Skald
Vaeringjar
Hvendrungr
Friski
Eiðsvari

Translations
          Jarl  = Leader
  Húskarl  = Retainer
  Berserkr  = Berserk
  Úlfheðinn = "Wolf pelt wearer"
      Felagi = Member
Skjaldmær = Shieldmaiden
Geirrmaðr = Spearman
    Svennr = Recruit

Vaeringjar = Varangian (Dedicated to members from eastern europe.)
Friski    = Frisian (Dedicated to dutch/flamish members.)
Eiðsvari = Oath-sworn

Recruitment
Add Ragnarr Jarl Jomsborg on steam, or ask any Jomsvikingr for being recruited.

photo-runic-stone-jomsborg-wolin-poland-30697-xl.jpg

Jómsvíkinga Saga
the real Jómsvíkingar is what this clan is based around, this is were we got all our information
we also used wikipedia, too try getting most things as historical as possible.
jellingestil.gif

Islandic: http://www.heimskringla.no/wiki/J%C3%B3msv%C3%ADkinga_saga
Swedish: http://www.heimskringla.no/wiki/Jomsvikingarnas_Saga
Danish: http://www.heimskringla.no/wiki/Jomsvikinga_Saga_%28C.C.Rafn%29
German: http://wikinger.org/sagas/jomswikinger/
English
vikingaskepp.jpg

Gallery
8RxBY.jpg
1024x819.resizedimage
1024x819.resizedimage
NmeMO5k.jpg
ofOl2xN.jpg
1UAF0YM.jpg
9p8FVFe.jpg
fX3dE82.jpg
1024x819.resizedimage
1024x819.resizedimage
1024x819.resizedimage
10149029_505060876282401_41419714_o.jpg
1024x819.resizedimage
1024x819.resizedimage
1024x819.resizedimage

50px-Valknut-Symbol-triquetra.svg.png

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Jomsvikingar

-What do you offer?

-We are active in several mods such as: Vikingr, The Deluge (As Landsknechte), Fall of Mordor (As Helmingas) and Rome at War, in which we also participate in events.
-We are an international group, with members from several european countries and North America. This is an oppertunity to learn something about other countrie's history, culture or language.
-We are a very small community, from which friendships have grown over years. Therefore, we have an calm and humble frequense with eachother.
-The majority of members share a big interest in history, and that not only regarding the viking age. Several members are reenactors, if you look for fellow people interested in all kind of history, you are at the right place!
-We have not only a steam group, but also a facebook group (which you don't nescessarily have to join, but can if you wish)
for organizing things better, aswell as exchanging screenshots, having discussions or simply some nice chatting with fellow members.

3EDMTJY.jpg

Friends and people we like to thank to
We wish to send our regards to certain people we have met through these years:

To those wo have been good friends of us and participated on our events many times:

Hrothgar Fyrninga
Waedulf Fyrninga
Ingbrand Fyrninga
Thorvaldr Erlinga
Svejbjorn Arnarins
Snorri
OneEye
Liebger

We wish to thank:

KickingJoub for hosting the shieldwall events and having so much patience with us.
Þorkell for hosting several events, running Hildileikr and being so patient with us.
Czeremis for hosting many events in the Deluge.
Darth Radius for hosting many events in the Deluge.
Snorri for hosting events in Vikingr and supporting his former clan during events.
Dobas for involving us in his mod, Persistent Sagas.

Other clan threads:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,339512.0.html  Landsknechte, for the Deluge)

verðr Óðinn að vera með okkr

It's a quick way to formalise leadership and 'power' within a group of players who are relatively unknown to one another. Ranks are largely attractive to a certain kind of player, although it has to be said that I'm not sure if Víkingr attracts that kind of mentality. There is only one other 'successful' group who utilizes a rank system and well, we know what kind of play-style they like to roll with. Aside from that, the remaining 'power-houses' in Víkingr (Fyrningas, Erlingar and Hæringar) do not prescribe themselves to ranks. I think that can be put down to familiarity with the module, with group-efforts and most importantly familiarisation with the players found within. Also, none of three openly recruit and are functioning on an invite-only (or selective) application process. Different strokes for different folks really, in the end. Some people can't function without knowing their place in the world, others are happy to just be.

Huh, man... Good luck Ragnarr! Please don't spam the server too much, it can be detrimental to a recruitment effort.  :razz:

Leifr Eiríksson said:
Whoop! Sorry, I am in the process of drinking mid-morning tea and eating biscuits. NO TIME TO CHECK FOR FANCY FANCY ER AS AR NAMES...

Careless, so careless...

:lol:

Anyway, Good Luck although I do echo what Eirikr said as in I disagree with the use of ranks. I don't mind the leader having his rank (Eorl a long time ago with Eadric, Visquens etc etc) but this is to distinguish the leader from the rest of his members and to show he is the leader. Nevertheless, ignore another Englishman's ranting as you have had one already (curiousty of Mr.Eirikr) and I wish you all the best.

Leifr Eiríksson said:
It's a quick way to formalise leadership and 'power' within a group of players who are relatively unknown to one another. Ranks are largely attractive to a certain kind of player, although it has to be said that I'm not sure if Víkingr attracts that kind of mentality. There is only one other 'successful' group who utilizes a rank system and well, we know what kind of play-style they like to roll with. Aside from that, the remaining 'power-houses' in Víkingr (Fyrningas, Erlingar and Hæringar) do not prescribe themselves to ranks. I think that can be put down to familiarity with the module, with group-efforts and most importantly familiarisation with the players found within. Also, none of three openly recruit and are functioning on an invite-only (or selective) application process. Different strokes for different folks really, in the end. Some people can't function without knowing their place in the world, others are happy to just be.

Huh, man... Good luck Ragnarr! Please don't spam the server too much, it can be detrimental to a recruitment effort.  :razz:

As the leader of this "other" clan, we have two ranks - Jarl and Hersir, to distinguish the two leaders we have on the battlefield, that's it. I hardly think this minor change sets us apart from the other clans!

All I can say is congratulations Ragnar and best of luck! I do hope you wish to instil discipline and teamwork into your clan fighting as these are the key principles upon which becoming "successful" in this mod is all about!

Running around in an undisciplined and incoherent rabble is a sure way to die - just ask anyone familiar with the Roman war machine. Anyways enough splitting hairs, congratulations and I look forward to meeting you on the field!

It would be fantastic if Asbjorn 'Hausakljúfr' would find a suitable byname for his character rather than using the existing persona of an established Hæringar member - Egill hausakljúfr. Given that the Hæringar do not use a group tag (our names speak for themselves on reputation), the use of a byname defines the very character of each member and establishes them as forces within the Víkingr community. Egill is a particularly brutal fighter of our group and perhaps more heavy-handed with words as even I am wont to be.

There are lists and lists of names out there. Please find some alternative for Asbjorn, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom