Did FSE force the community into changing forums?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just reverse the argument again for why Taleworlds would want to keep a NW section open on their forums too. Both had perfectly good reasons.

The scenario we have now is just unfortunate but perfectly manageable. Not many NW players really cared about the rest of the TW forum and many regular TW forumites didn't venture into the NW section either.

Oh well, nice to see you all around!

Rigadoon said:
I don't really see any point in discussing this. What's done is done. This thread will only stir up more problems.
More piece of mind for myself really, besides if anybody is immature enough to start arguing, they can take it to PM's.
If it gets ridiculous i'll lock the thread, i'm really just curious.

Viktor 90th said:
Rigadoon said:
I don't really see any point in discussing this. What's done is done. This thread will only stir up more problems.
More piece of mind for myself really, besides if anybody is immature enough to start arguing, they can take it to PM's.
If it gets ridiculous i'll lock the thread, i'm really just curious.

Well I presume you already had your answer.

Regarding the OP, yes they did. I thought unless I moved my mapping thread then it would be deleted. It made sense to follow everyone there due to my timezone being late on it. There wasn't a choice of forum, it was move or be deleted. I have no against them, maybe the half second slower loading pages or the cancer that NW carries.

People were forced, it is as simple as that. When they first announced that they were making their own forum they were telling people that after the week was up they were going to have this sub forum deleted but then the TW mods stepped in and said that this forum is here to stay.

I think that Vince and his minions knew this forum was not going to be deleted and they only said it so that people had no choice but to sign up on their forums, which is great for FSE because they get to ram their new (niche) game straight in the face of the prime demographic.

James Stewart said:
MaHuD said:
TheFlyingFishy said:
They did it because they couldn't properly indulge their power-tripping here.
Not really. Olafson did something wrong, and he willingly paid the price for it.
Sorry to stray off topic, but what exactly did Olafson do?
If I recall correctly he reopened the Meme thread after Janus had locked it and made a post where he publicly went against Janus's decision to lock the thread and I think he also deleted some posts which included janus's post. (Though I think later on he said he was just deleting the latest messages and in a automative way deleted Janus's post as well. I am not quite sure what kind of posts there were, but I don't think they were very cool posts since otherwise there would have been no reason for Janus to lock it in the first place)
He lost his forum rank for that and also deleted his account I think.

Eh forget that, it was far more complicated and also involved Betty. It's still somewhat true, but a lot of things are missing plus it wasn't the meme thread it was a betty made thread. Possibly the one where Betty was offering money for an unban.

@ Daniel,
I can see a bit more of this forum than you can, and I can assure you that they did not know at the time when they moved. :razz:

MaHuD said:
Possibly the one where Betty was offering money for an unban.
Yes, it was that thread. Betty was offering money for an unban, Janus kept banning her accounts and Olafson kept unlocking the thread after Janus locked it.

FSE just did a clever business move. NW is property of Taleworlds, not FSE company. Thats why TW "cant" close this forum. I wouldnt close a forum section for my product.

FSE on the other hand made the DLC. Now they make a game as a company and the first thing you need is a potential market for your product. This "market" is the community. With the new forum they can control this market. Thats usual business

I still believe and have no evidence that both taleworlds and FSE wanted the forums to be moved to the FSE forums. The taleworlds mods/community reps could have stepped in day 1 and brought back all of the stickies that were deleted when the NW side of talewrolds was removed. However Captain Lust waited 4 days to let everyone move over because I think he wanted to shed the NW community off of taleworlds. Very cynical but that's my opinion:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom